Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    1. Mystery Heroes is dumb. Stop playing it, you won't improve anything since you can't focus on team comp, ult management, or even aim since you never know which hero you'll get.
    2. Play with a 3-Strikes rule: If you lose 3 games in a row, turn off the game & do something else: read a book/long article, watch a TV show or whatever.
    3. Understand that QP is not to be taken seriously. Many players use it as a warmup round before going into Competitive, so they won't care if they lose team fights, get out of position, have bad team composition, etc.
      Since it sounds like you do care, get a mic & play Comp.
    4. When playing Comp, make an active effort to never raise your voice in anger, or belittle anyone. It does wonders for your team if you're not screaming obscenities in their ear about why you think they suck.
    5. Take breaks from OW. It's not your job, and it doesn't need to be the only thing you do on your computer.

Also, there's the Find a Group thingy. You can get with a group of people and have fun in Quick Play. I've found it to be very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Also, there's the Find a Group thingy. You can get with a group of people and have fun in Quick Play. I've found it to be very good so far.

Some of the group names are gas, like you can tell it gonna be a nightmare of screaming 12 year olds or super serious comp players.

"SEXY ROLEPLAY 18+ CHILL NO SHOOTING WILL KICK"

Eh no thanks you're grand, i'm just looking for a decent tank to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mickeroo wrote: »
    i think MH is very enjoyable but on payload/hybrid maps it can often be a case of first bastion wins.

Ah but the immense joy when you manage to get a good pick, take out the Bastion and see them respawn as Doomfist and see the whole tide of the match flip is incredible.

MH is definitely a double-edged sword. Picks and Team Comps can have huge peaks and troughs for both teams throughout a single match, and it's hateful knowing you're up against a Torb, Bastion, Symm and tanks/healers and you can't stop pulling heroes like Genji, Hanzo or Ana who you're useless with (and by you, I mean me). But when you do then break through and they're forced into other heroes, it can make it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Dafran is back with Atlanta I see, and there's a Parisian team now, Paris Eternal. Really nice looking kits and I like the emblem too, its getting a lot of flak from Yanks who dont understand why they'd pick a chicken :D

Will probably jump ship from Spitfire to Eternal, loyalty is something but Eternal are primarily French and Englishmen so a little more homegrown I guess.

Are any of you guys playing in the Dublin OW tourney? Saw a post from a Finnish group thats teaming up with Dublin based NSG exports for soemthing OW related, would be unreal to see an Irish based contenders team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Still in ATL Reign, didnt quit like I said. I messed up, dont know what to say except sorry to the community, my fans and ATL. It wasnt jebait, sometimes I have these days and make dumb mistakes. Going forward im going to stream less and focus on making myself and my team better

Ah i hope he does well, he's such a great player and troll at the same time. Some of the best streaming moments I've seen have been him. Watching him bully timthetatman in every game with reaper, trolling valkia with sym, breezing to top 500 with torb, trolling chipsa's doomfist with sombra. I know it's all classed as a soft throw but he's still so good he can make these players look useless. Then when its not going well he just switches to tracer and pogs off as they say.

Id be shocked if managed to get through the whole season without quitting or getting banned for something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

6gb background patch on pc. That's a biggun or maybe I've just never noticed before?

EDIT not interesting apparently but important enough if you're on metered interwebs: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/the-next-major-patch-will-require-a-full-reinstall/245979

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Some of the group names are gas, like you can tell it gonna be a nightmare of screaming 12 year olds or super serious comp players.

"SEXY ROLEPLAY 18+ CHILL NO SHOOTING WILL KICK"

Eh no thanks you're grand, i'm just looking for a decent tank to heal.

r/Healsluts (NSFW):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Ah i hope he does well, he's such a great player and troll at the same time. Some of the best streaming moments I've seen have been him. Watching him bully timthetatman in every game with reaper, trolling valkia with sym, breezing to top 500 with torb, trolling chipsa's doomfist with sombra. I know it's all classed as a soft throw but he's still so good he can make these players look useless. Then when its not going well he just switches to tracer and pogs off as they say.

Id be shocked if managed to get through the whole season without quitting or getting banned for something

Dafran is considered possibly the best soldier and a top tracer. Anything dps he seems adept at

Are any of you guys playing in the Dublin OW tourney? Saw a post from a Finnish group thats teaming up with Dublin based NSG exports for soemthing OW related, would be unreal to see an Irish based contenders team.

Unless there's a sudden call for diamond tier console players i don't think i'll make the grade.

But man i'd love an Irish team, wouldn't even mind if they struggled like Shanghai. I'd still buy the merch, of only just to see my GF roll her eyes out the back of her head at another piece of OW branding appearing in our place.

If Dublin had a team what would they be called?
    The Dublin...Rangers? Bit footbally.
    Dublin Distillers? Get sponsored by Teelings.
    The Dublin Extremely Underdogs

Is this the comp where the match is going to be held at the Dublin Games Festival? I saw they were doing something OW related but hadn't grabbed tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Dublin (1916) Rising of course :D

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »

God damn i'm annoyed for not thinking of that one :D

Dublin Rebels was my first idea, Im sure the other one won't mind.

Anyone else on console getting loads of quits in games? Myself and the oh placed late last season and between us 13/20 games had quits, figured thats what you get for placing late.

Im 9 games into my placements here and 6 of them have had quits, going both ways. Its a joke, ruins the game when you know how its going end after 1 round, so frustrating.

This thing of swapping to Bastion wrecks my head too, they're about to cap 1st with 5s left? Swap to Bastion. First push failed? Swap to Bastion. Wouldnt mind as much if it was DPS but its always healers in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Bit close to Boston Uprising maybe....

Next big patch will require a full install of game

penev10 wrote: »
    Bit close to Boston Uprising maybe....

Was meant as wordplay to Boston Rising :D

On console and have been having a great run recently. Wins and losses but don't feel any of the losses were bad just the better team won. It's been pretty nice to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    r/Healsluts (NSFW):pac:

Seeing this has made me look back on my time as a Mercy main grimly.

Was meant as wordplay to Boston Rising :D

On console and have been having a great run recently. Wins and losses but don't feel any of the losses were bad just the better team won. It's been pretty nice to be honest.

Maybe its just me, have found it a lot better after placements!

Busan is such a great map, I wish more of them had the moving cover from it

Got diamond with torb, so my torb is now better than my pharah. poor pharah came within a win of diamond before

id say about 150 hours of pharah to about 15 with Torb...

RIP Pharah

Maybe its just me, have found it a lot better after placements!

Busan is such a great map, I wish more of them had the moving cover from it

It's like the spinning wheel in Junkertown, you can use it creatively for defense if the team works together. More maps could do with parts that make them a little more unpredictable.

And I'm already done with this season. Someone call me when they bring in a role que

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

And I'm already done with this season. Someone call me when they bring in a role que

I'm the same. Had one lad last night. We got stuck in mega health pack room on one of the ilios Maps. We got rolled in there, had three dps two tanks one healer. Our reaper ult' d. To switch to healer. He got dva dm and didn't even finish the voice line . I wrote in that it was funny. He took it as a slight. Then switched from healer to hanzo and was toxic. We lost and he blamed me and that I deserved it.

Game is unplayable in this state.

Can't have role queue unless you want every game to be 2-2-2

I think they should look into awarding more sr for flexing. I've no idea how this would work but I'm sure they could figure something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Can't have role queue unless you want every game to be 2-2-2

I think they should look into awarding more sr for flexing. I've no idea how this would work but I'm sure they could figure something

They should give maybe a vote of formation before the round begins, but it shouldn't vary much from 2-2-2, maybe then 2-3-1. 1 being the tank. I've been waiting for this role Q for aaaaages. Havent played competitive since like season 3 as its just a toxic trolling shit show. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm doing alright this season. One tricking Moira unless someone pins her first or the team comp isn't great for her. Trying to be a bit more aggressive, making conscientious decisions (Jaynes coaching) and keeping a definite eye on picking off enemy heals when they use their cooldowns. I'm currently 2783 and definitely trending upwards. I've also found, like I've said recently, quitting at 2 losses REALLY helps prevent that mad SR tilt spiral of doom. I also like to take a 5 minute break between rounds just to avoid ending up with tilty team mates you just beat in the last round if you jump straight back into the next fight :D

nix wrote: »
    They should give maybe a vote of formation before the round begins, but it shouldn't vary much from 2-2-2, maybe then 2-3-1. 1 being the tank. I've been waiting for this role Q for aaaaages. Havent played competitive since like season 3 as its just a toxic trolling shit show. :(

that might work alright

I do notice maining torb that I get a lot more throwers who are angry at the mere sight of him. I think the key in its current state is to not take it too seriously. In my win to get diamond we had 6 dps, 2 games before that 4 dps and 2 healers, won both games, actually steamrolled them. I don't mind people picking who they want, i'll gladly just quit a game if i see someone is proper throwing.

that might work alright

I do notice maining torb that I get a lot more throwers who are angry at the mere sight of him. I think the key in its current state is to not take it too seriously. In my win to get diamond we had 6 dps, 2 games before that 4 dps and 2 healers, won both games, actually steamrolled them. I don't mind people picking who they want, i'll gladly just quit a game if i see someone is proper throwing.

I try not to for the most part, if its a good competitive game where I can butt heads with their main tank then im normally happy enough, openly throwing and quitting is what really busts my balls.

You cant play to win, way too many griefers.

I was streaming with a 6 stack the other day, most of them dont play anymore and where only on for the stream, surely enough we go up against GOATS on Anubis. No amount of "lads thats goats, spread out and dont let them get close" would stop the D.Va diving them, a late Bastion swap saved the game for us. I dont know how we did it, such a satisfying victory though.

New Torb is savage as well, throwing the turret gives you unreal sightlines with it, you can throw on on top of the walls around Nepal Sanctum (the one with the pit by the point), or on the sniper perch at Eigenwalde B and clean up. Of all the DPS to be raging over I cant understand Torb right now.

Torb has two years of being a troll pick to get past. People are conditioned to see him as a joke pick even though he's decent now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hanzo went through the same thing pretty much.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hanzo went through the same thing pretty much.

Hanzo was hated for the no skill shoot the floor kill a tank shot imo

• Advertisement

nah people didn't want him on their team deffo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement