Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm sure this made sense in your head but feck me I can't make head nor tail of what your trying to say :confused:

New characters are OP so they rebabalnce the old ones, which requires different old ones to be rebealnced, rinse repeat I think.

Have to say, I think Brig is our only OP hero, a 0.5s stun on an 8sec cooldown would fix most of the issues with her imo, she stuns too often for too long, other than that there's SFA wrong.

These games get easier to balance as they add more heroes once they keep power creep under control

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    NOT a fan of these changes on paper; in addition to shield bash NOT WORKING THROUGH SHIELDS it feels like the devs just want to delete her from the meta instead of fixing her properly.

Probably because shes as good a main tank as Rein without it, Rein v Rein, the other Reins shield goes down to firestrike, charge or recharge. If you charge him, he can counter charge to cancel. Other than that, both Reins have full control over their own shield uptime.

Theres no reaction time to counter charge a brig stun, so you freely knock his shield every 6s with no counter play possible, sure you can charge her but she actually has a very generous period to stun and counter charge you.

Anima wrote: »
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/a-breakdown-of-why-brigette-is-broken/47300

Since at least March she's been allowed to run riot without any serious alteration to her. It's a **** game, they have no intention of balancing. They probably don't know how to balance it. It's just a case of learning to play what gets results, if that's what you care about. No point picking a hero and complaining that there is a counter.

The last few heroes they've introduced have made the game worse. Brigette, moira (low skill) and doomfist are just one-button players. Doomfist takes some skill in timing, I guess, but his right-click is just a joke. I'd argue Orisa was a bad inclusion, yet another shield and not really adding anything new. It's just tedious to play against her as a hitscan.

Moira is definitely not low skill, definitely more skill needed that Lucio or Mercy imo.

Orisa is another shield tank, means its less tedious to play with people who only rate DPS, ridiculous statement that she adds nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

New characters are OP so they rebabalnce the old ones, which requires different old ones to be rebealnced, rinse repeat I think.

Have to say, I think Brig is our only OP hero, a 0.5s stun on an 8sec cooldown would fix most of the issues with her imo, she stuns too often for too long, other than that there's SFA wrong.

These games get easier to balance as they add more heroes once they keep power creep under control

If they halved her self heal she wouldn't be able to go wandering into the enemy team because she'd be dead straight away and that would stop a lot of her nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Moira is definitely not low skill, definitely more skill needed that Lucio or Mercy imo.

Orisa is another shield tank, means its less tedious to play with people who only rate DPS, ridiculous statement that she adds nothing

Mercy and Lucio don't deal damage as she can. She can 1v1 a lot of DPS heroes. All she has to do is hold down a mouse button and point in the general direction. There is no aiming with her at all. And she has some of the best mobility in the game. She can fade out of any situation. She can also throw out a healing orb and you won't be able to kill her before she kills you. Her ULT is good too. She's completely OP. I've done a lot better with her than soldier on certain maps. For a support character, that's just ridiculous.

As for Orisa, her orb is the only unique thing about her. There already was a shield hero and her gun is just that. I don't mind her so much but I hate ****ty tactics involved with her like the pirate ship etc.

Raze phrased it rightly. It is low skill-high reward. Why would anyone pick McCree or Genji if the other team has Moira or Brig.

• Advertisement

Mercy and Lucio don't deal damage as she can. She can 1v1 a lot of DPS heroes. All she has to do is hold down a mouse button and point in the general direction. There is no aiming with her at all. And she has some of the best mobility in the game. She can fade out of any situation. She can also throw out a healing orb and you won't be able to kill her before she kills you. Her ULT is good too. She's completely OP. I've done a lot better with her than soldier on certain maps. For a support character, that's just ridiculous.

As for Orisa, her orb is the only unique thing about her. There already was a shield hero and her gun is just that. I don't mind her so much but I hate ****ty tactics involved with her like the pirate ship etc.

Raze phrased it rightly. It is low skill-high reward. Why would anyone pick McCree or Genji if the other team has Moira or Brig.

There is aiming with Moira though, her weapon is almost identical to Zaryas beam, Winston is lock on, no aim, Moira needs aim. Heal orbs are on a 10s cooldown, and she does 30DPS and heals herself for the same, so it takes almost 7 seconds to kill any squishy, if you're DPS and you cant kill a hero in 7 seconds you need better aim. you've done better with Moira than S76? Hes DPS and shes a healer, they do totally different things.

Orisa is the only Anti-CC hero in the game, she means anyone who wants to shield tank has more than one option and she plays very differently to Reinhardt, the comparisons end at shield tank, shes got displacement with her halt and can lay down a lot of pressure with firepower.

If Moira is completely OP, what are Mercy and Ana then? Its pretty well regarded that both are better main healers than her since Ana received her buffs? you're talking about everyone just from the context of DPS in an FPS game, OW is more than just point and shoot

If you can't kill Moira in a 1v1 as a DPS your probably not a very good DPS player. She tickles you with damage, there is no way she should burn you down before you kill her 9 out of 10 times.

If she uses Fade she's f**ked because shes stranded, bait the fade and wait for her to reappear to kill her.

Her Ultimate is poor to decent. It does very little damage and is hard to heal with it, it was also very hard to see what was going on when using it.

By any chance do you play Genji or Tracer a lot?

The whole point of Orissa is that Efi built her to be a hybrid of other hero's? Why can you only have one shield tank? That sounds boring. Also you could do the pirate ship with Rein as well.

The whole point of Overwatch is to swap hero's to counter the other teams picks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There is aiming with Moira though, her weapon is almost identical to Zaryas beam, Winston is lock on, no aim, Moira needs aim. Heal orbs are on a 10s cooldown, and she does 30DPS and heals herself for the same, so it takes almost 7 seconds to kill any squishy, if you're DPS and you cant kill a hero in 7 seconds you need better aim. you've done better with Moira than S76? Hes DPS and shes a healer, they do totally different things.

Moira's damage beam has lock on too, you do need to point it in the general direction of your opponent unlike Winston but you don't need anywhere near the level of tracking skill Zarya's beam requires. Best comparison is probably how Symmetra's gun was before the rework, it's a less potent version of that pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Brig is the only one who seems a little op to me. She might even just be more annoying than op. Everyone else seems alright, is moira used by all the pros? I don't think so, that's usually a good way of judging if shes op or if she's just good against low level players because, low level players!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

It's a bit rich for two console players to be talking about aiming ability gg

• Advertisement

It's a bit rich for two console players to be talking about aiming ability gg

Funny smart arse but I play on PC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Brig is the only one who seems a little op to me. She might even just be more annoying than op. Everyone else seems alright, is moira used by all the pros? I don't think so, that's usually a good way of judging if shes op or if she's just good against low level players because, low level players!

No poi t judging a game by its best. 1% the coordination alone makes there comps work a lot better.

Moira damage orb plus damage beam and a fade will take out most 200hp hero's in solo que. In pros the peel back would come in and wreck her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I’ve mained Orissa since her release. Really enjoy those type of map points.

A lot of Orisa's kit can be extremely satisfying. Dropping someone down a hole is obviously awesome but there are a few other scenarios that bring me joy.

Rein bringing down the hammer down? Shield. Rein charging? Stand your ground and maybe halt for good measure. While negating a Rein ult is great, blocking or halting a charging Rein who it now in a bad position is even better.

Junkrat or Tracer Ult? Fortify and get to medics before you get finished off.

Bad D.Va, Reaper or McCree ult? Shield and you might just smother it.

There are other ults and abilities from other players that can be negated by Orisa's kit but these are the ones that occur the most. She really is quite versatile if you have your abilities off cooldown and react to the cues.

The curvature of her shield means you canfire it at corners in a way that enemies have to walk through the shield twice to shoot you, saved me a few times against Mei ults, you can fire the shield or halt to save teammates from Hooks.

The ever simple halt into a D.Va bomb always works too, gets great results defending Horizon B.

Theres a bunch of tricks to playing Orisa, most ive found accidentally :D

Even if you halt 2-3 squishies into Storm arrow or a Zen volley your team is almost guaranteed a pick, i had a serious widow on my team last week who was watching my halts and picked out a heap of headshots on thw grouo

watching fuey500 for some torb turret inspiration, had to mute it, he's VERY hard to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I didn't realize you could make your own PotG style highlights at any time. I have it assigned to L on the D pad so no more relying on the game to pick the most epic moments!!

See????

I'm finally starting to get the hang of Ashe now. Took a little time to get the aim down but now it's starting to click. I think they might have to increase the cooldown on her dynamite though as it seems to be available very quickly if you allow the first to burn out itself (don't shoot it to cover doors etc).

Also for some reason I thought level 20 was the limit for Comp and got there last night to find out it was 25 :( had been a while since I ranked a new account!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any date on when Ashe will be in comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I thought it'd be tomorrow as she's been live for 2 weeks. Isn't that how they did it with Hammond?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I'd really like to see a map type/selection/veto function for the quickplay and arcade mode.

If they want people playing random selected maps for ranked then fair enough but I think for a casual experience allow people to choose the game mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Sight808 wrote: »
    I'd really like to see a map type/selection/veto function for the quickplay and arcade mode.

If they want people playing random selected maps for ranked then fair enough but I think for a casual experience allow people to choose the game mode

good point. In comp there'd be some way of engineering better odds by a ban system, don't ask me how but we know the hardcore always find exploits, and Blizzard wouldn't be on for that.

Be great to never play 2cp again.....

penev10 wrote: »
    good point. In comp there'd be some way of engineering better odds by a ban system, don't ask me how but we know the hardcore always find exploits, and Blizzard wouldn't be on for that.

Be great to never play 2cp again.....

Well that's it, we don't have a huge choice in how we play the game, largely the game is completely random in what maps/team mates and what hero you can play (if someone else picks it) KOTH is my favorite mode and I'd rather not play hanamura or anubis on wednesday after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

her tail! that's one for the furries anyway!

Good video that goes over some of the design issues in Overwatch & Paladins (and gives a shoutout to a game I'd never heard of, Gigantic).

Logged on this evening, played 3 won 3, a new pb of 3218. Weird games as well, solo healed as moira in first, was easy win, 2nd game we pushed it almost to the end of watchpoint, then on defend my team picks 4 dps and hamster..I healed...one of the dps switched to Lucio when he died and we held them under the first bridge. Our hamster kept touching point over and over and the time just burned away!

Nice win with orisa on "well" to top it off. everyone should have an orisa on that map, massive advantage if one team doesn't, I'm not even good wirh her, just plonk the shield down and pull anyone into the well that gets too close

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Winter Wonderland back today I think and a few changes coming in from the PTR. I'd say Doom is pretty much dead after this patch and Brig will be a lot less effective (but should still be decent I would have thought).
    Bastion Configuration: Recon Ammo increased from 25 to 35 Configuration: Sentry Weapon spread decreased by up to 33% while firing

Developer Comments: Bastion could use a little bit of an offensive boost to balance out how vulnerable Configuration: Recon’s bulky size and Sentry’s stationary nature make it. As a reward for surviving in spite of these weaknesses, we gave Bastion a lower spread in Sentry mode to make it more effective at farther ranges than it was previously.

Brigitte Shield Bash No longer can travel or stun targets through barriers Damage reduced from 50 to 5 Inspire Cooldown reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second Duration increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds Total healing increased from 80 to 100

Developer Comments: Brigitte’s Shield Bash is a strong ability that often feels difficult to counter. This change will offer new options for counter play, enabling shield tanks to better protect themselves and their teammates. Reducing its damage reduces her total stun combo damage potential while still allowing Whip Shot and her basic melee attacks to retain their full strength. Brigitte is a tank/healer hybrid, and lately we’ve been reducing her effectiveness by lowering the power of her non-healing functionality. We want to make sure she is still a viable pick, so we’re increasing the uptime of her Inspire passive ability to help improve her overall healing output.

Doomfist Rising Uppercut Loss of air control duration lowered from 3 seconds to 0.6 seconds Seismic Slam Maximum range reduced from 20 meters to 15 meters Targets no longer lose air control while being pulled in Meteor Strike Inner ring damage radius increased from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters Outer ring maximum damage decreased from 300 to 200

Developer Comments: Doomfist’s high mobility allows him to engage and disengage from extremely long range. Decreasing the range of the targeted aerial version of Seismic Slam requires him to get closer before engaging an enemy and makes it slightly harder for him to escape from combat. The loss of air control on Rising Uppercut was a frustrating mechanic for players, but it allowed Doomfist to set up combos. We’ve found a decent middle ground by limiting the amount of time Doomfist has to line up his next move. The Meteor Strike changes will make it harder to secure easy eliminations on heroes without mobility abilities, such as Zenyatta or Ana, while still preserving its maximum potential damage when aimed well or when combined with other abilities such as Graviton Surge or Sleep Dart.

McCree Peacekeeper Alternate fire damage increased from 45 to 55

Developer Comments: McCree’s Fan the Hammer wasn’t as reliable against higher health heroes as it should be. Increasing its damage will make it more potent in close-range engagements where it is intended to be most effective.

Torbjörn Molten Core Damage increased from 130 to 160 per second

Developer Comments: While the Molten Core damage pools were intended to provide players with tools for area denial, they weren’t proving threatening enough to deter enemies for a significant amount of time because their damage was too low.

a torb buff! loving it

buffing bastion is a dangerous game, he will wreck the lower levels

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    a torb buff! loving it

buffing bastion is a dangerous game, he will wreck the lower levels

Ashe is actually really good at countering him. Throw the dynamite at him and let the tick damage wear him down. He has to stop shooting to heal and that gives you time to finish him off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement