Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Ashe is actually really good at countering him. Throw the dynamite at him and let the tick damage wear him down. He has to stop shooting to heal and that gives you time to finish him off.

Junkrat is still my preferred bastian counter

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Junkrat is still my preferred bastian counter

Ah yea junk is a solid counter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RIP Brigitte 2018-2018.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RIP Brigitte 2018-2018.

Good. A healer that wins one on one duels 90 percent of the time was stupid

Good. A healer that wins one on one duels 90 percent of the time was stupid

She's not really a healer though. She's a tank/healer hybrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I wasn't too bother by her,it's not like I was any good at tracer anyway. At least it will shake up the meta, was due a change

She's not really a healer though. She's a tank/healer hybrid.
    Her armour and ult were popped so often she didn't need to heal. She would stand swinging and wreck a team. A healer should have some skill to stop that like zen charge shot or anna dart. Not a single easy use ability

Just finished my first ever placement on PC and got 2087. Not bad for someone you never used a mouse and keyboard before :)

If I can get to 2300 by season end I'll be very happy.

Edit: if anyone wants to add me my battletag is TitianGerm#2164

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I wonder how the Doom and Brig nerfs will change games at the higher end of competitive and pro play.
    Will it all be dive again like it was before.

I wonder how the Doom and Brig nerfs will change games at the higher end of competitive and pro play.
    Will it all be dive again like it was before.

Well now she should be used like she was supposed to be, to protect against tracer and genji, in the back lines, not up front wrecking dps tanks healers, maps, cars, superman

• Advertisement

Well now she should be used like she was supposed to be, to protect against tracer and genji, in the back lines, not up front wrecking dps tanks healers, maps, cars, superman

It's the Blizzard Balance Buggery again:
    1. Design a cool hero
    2. Give them a cool kit
    3. Community likes kit but hasn't learned how to use it yet
    4. Blizzard over-buffs hero
    5. New meta revolves around overbuffed hero
    6. Blizzard over-nerfs hero
    7. New hero now essentially useless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

21K healed, 39 kills as Moira on Watchpoint Gibraltar.

Not one card pick or endorsement at the end.

Ungrateful ****s.

Not everyone votes or gives endorsements wouldn't be too concerned, I usually leave soon as game over depending on mood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

fixxxer wrote:
    21K healed, 39 kills as Moira on Watchpoint Gibraltar.

fixxxer wrote:
    Not one card pick or endorsement at the end.

fixxxer wrote:
    Ungrateful ****s.

I'd vote for the 21k heals.

But I never acknowledge a high kill moira, it only encourages them to dps moira usually.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I'd vote for the 21k heals.

But I never acknowledge a high kill moira, it only encourages them to dps moira usually.

Same moira gets 6 kills if she damage orrbs into a gravd team like.

Loving the new sym tele bull**** going in atm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Season ended today (with a break of 2 hours before the new one - remember when off season was a week) ,how did everyone find it?

Finished mid plat, which was fine, haven't played since end of November and when I do i usually opt for quick play as it provides more or less the same experience if you group up.

Thought the skins for the holiday event this year were woeful. Really uninspired.

Had a great season. Never actually try-harded to rank up but got as high as 3300 and hovered around mid diamond thereafter. This is after scraping diamond the last few seasons. Torb has been my big addition this season along with flexing to Lucio and orisa on koth when the maps suit.

Play time. I think if you take torb out it would have been quite similar to previous seasons

Moira - 3hrs
    Brig - 2hrs
    Torb -. 2hrs
    Rein - 2hrs
    Mercy - 1hrs
    Winston, dva, zen ,orisa , Lucio all around 20min

Many more hours then on my other account which bounced around between 2700-3200, 10hrs of torb with 61% winrate

2019 plan....... Play more overwatch, maybe play tracer more, again

Playing with a couple friends whove been missing once season 3, got dragged down to 1700 while they relearned the game. Managed to finish around 2200 and now we have tactics :D

Went 6-4 with placements which I was happy enough with, placed at 2667 which seemed rather high, considering I finished last season at 2615 I was expecting to be put in gold with agrind back up. Expecting the inevitable 100+ sr loss streak over the next few weekends.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sight808 wrote: »
    Went 6-4 with placements which I was happy enough with, placed at 2667 which seemed rather high, considering I finished last season at 2615 I was expecting to be put in gold with agrind back up. Expecting the inevitable 100+ sr loss streak over the next few weekends.

Placements are pretty much just ten games where you don't see your SR so winning 6 and losing 4 sounds about right for a 50SR gain.

I went 5-5 on both my accounts and pretty much placed around the SR I finished on last season in both cases.

• Advertisement

Went 8-2 was down 3sr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I've gone 8-2 before and barely gone up any SR so it just seems arbitrary to me

aaaaaaaaaaand lost 3 in a row.

Sight808 wrote: »
    aaaaaaaaaaand lost 3 in a row.

I've lost my first 3 placements, all games were hard as fook, think ill wait a while to finish them. Feel like every now and again i regress, playing terrible at the moment

My 5 year old loves playing ow in the training modes :cool:

Ow still has the same problems. People refuse to be anyway at fault for the teams bad actions. Played a map I'm usually decent on, got destroyed as dps by a widow, went to healer. Steadied the ship but we lost. Next game a mcree would swap off despite orissa, rein and bastian set up. Eh lad you might Aswell not play if you won't swap

Do we have many lads playing competitive around low gold? Wouldn't mind grouping up for a few games and actually getting some team play sorted.

That's not really ow problem though is it, i mean, people are always going to be bad, make mistakes, bad decisions etc.

Had a rough game yesterday where we rolled a team on kings row, but then they rolled us, at the last point i switched to torb(was off tank) just as a sort of hail mary to try and stop the rolling. So at this point you would think its fine, both teams rolled, either can still win. Our main tank, only other person on mic declares I threw because i switched to torb, i told him he was my main so I just wanted to try anything that might stop the rolling and he just said yeah right, he switched to ashe and we got hammered in the next round.

Do we have many lads playing competitive around low gold? Wouldn't mind grouping up for a few games and actually getting some team play sorted.

what platform?

• Advertisement

Having a fantastic season so far %75 win rate. A couple of wins away from a career high. Might just stop playing now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement