Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IvoryTower wrote: »
    what platform?

I've played on them all now :pac: PC now though, it's my second season. Been filling mostly but playing a lot of Moria and Orissa.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IvoryTower wrote: »
    That's not really ow problem though is it, i mean, people are always going to be bad, make mistakes, bad decisions etc.

Had a rough game yesterday where we rolled a team on kings row, but then they rolled us, at the last point i switched to torb(was off tank) just as a sort of hail mary to try and stop the rolling. So at this point you would think its fine, both teams rolled, either can still win. Our main tank, only other person on mic declares I threw because i switched to torb, i told him he was my main so I just wanted to try anything that might stop the rolling and he just said yeah right, he switched to ashe and we got hammered in the next round.
    Yeah, I decided to take a quick break from learning Monster Hunter to do placements.

Won first 3-4 games easily.
    Next 2, it's ALWAYS the guy complaining the most in chat who also sticks around behind enemy lines when we lose a teamfight - then engages them 1v6 while we're still trying to group up.

Team fights are fast, and usually whoever gets first pick wins the fights - but it takes so long to re-engage (not helped by the low mobility options) that unless everyone on your team understands that you have to reset, you WILL lose the match due to never engaging 6v6 again.

I'd like to see what the game would be like with, say, faster mobility, lower damage/TTK, or some other MAJOR changes that prevent this snowballing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Yeah, I decided to take a quick break from learning Monster Hunter to do placements.

Won first 3-4 games easily.
    Next 2, it's ALWAYS the guy complaining the most in chat who also sticks around behind enemy lines when we lose a teamfight - then engages them 1v6 while we're still trying to group up.

Team fights are fast, and usually whoever gets first pick wins the fights - but it takes so long to re-engage (not helped by the low mobility options) that unless everyone on your team understands that you have to reset, you WILL lose the match due to never engaging 6v6 again.

I'd like to see what the game would be like with, say, faster mobility, lower damage/TTK, or some other MAJOR changes that prevent this snowballing.

That was dive. Brig ended it for a good while. And before that it was huge rez mercy. Personally I like that the aggressors usually win unless someone seriously goes off.

In esports news, an Overwatch Contenders team signed a player called "Ellie" after "she" got to 4th place in NA ladder.

Turns out it was a male player named "Punisher" posing as a girl to see if it would get him signed more easily.

#DumbDrama

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    In esports news, an Overwatch Contenders team signed a player called "Ellie" after "she" got to 4th place in NA ladder.

Turns out it was a male player named "Punisher" posing as a girl to see if it would get him signed more easily.

#DumbDrama

That thing is changing originally it was a social experiment I think they said to see if girl gamers I. Ow get abuse. He got signed and retired due to the "abuse online" but there's screens of him griefing other players and ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I think it was a social experiment always doomed to fail. All of the top rank players know who each other are, you don't just breeze into the top 10 out of no where, so straight away people were calling bull****. There's a clip of Dafran playing against her and he said that's not her, someone is using her account and he was right. The fact that it was a girl just gave the usual toxic clowns something to jump on.

edit: im all for dumb drama though, more please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Regarding the Ellie Saga I think "your Overwatch" did a balanced take on it for the most part the other day, it was the first I heard of it.

Basically I'm taking that Punisher didn't know what he was at, Second Wind just signing a player before tryouts is stupid, seems like a pr push and it just undermines the issue of women playing overwatch (games) in general.

On a personal note, I started playing zen a lot more, really enjoying that floating bastard. Squishy AF but so satisfying when you start connecting head shots

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sight808 wrote: »
    Regarding the Ellie Saga I think "your Overwatch" did a balanced take on it for the most part the other day, it was the first I heard of it.

Basically I'm taking that Punisher didn't know what he was at, Second Wind just signing a player before tryouts is stupid, seems like a pr push and it just undermines the issue of women playing overwatch (games) in general.

On a personal note, I started playing zen a lot more, really enjoying that floating bastard. Squishy AF but so satisfying when you start connecting head shots

Getting a long range charged shot kill on like a widow is always worth a 'no scoped' in chat.

• Advertisement

Climbed 300sr on my fun account today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Armor needed how only gives 3 damage mitigation rather than the previous 5.

Bridgitte ult now the armor does not persist after ult indefinitely, but rather for 30 seconds.

Dva. Defense matrix cool down doubled.

And here's a huge one reapers life steal now gives him 50% of damage dealt rather than 30%.

Some of the figures being ran suggest for example that heal can heal the entire damage of a rein hammer swing in one shot.

I get its to kill goats, but its too much I think to be honest, rip main tanks.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Armor needed how only gives 3 damage mitigation rather than the previous 5.

Bridgitte ult now the armor does not persist after ult indefinitely, but rather for 30 seconds.

Dva. Defense matrix cool down doubled.

And here's a huge one reapers life steal now gives him 50% of damage dealt rather than 30%.

Some of the figures being ran suggest for example that heal can heal the entire damage of a rein hammer swing in one shot.

I get its to kill goats, but its too much I think to be honest, rip main tanks.

Naw hammer will do a whole 5 damage if every pellet hits ha ha.

Meh it'll be a mare on diamond and below I think. Above that tracer genji hanzo widow will still be in charge.
    Edit. I also think this is to stop goats vs goats every game in owl more so than it is for the average players

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

As if accidentally hooking a Reaper wasn't already terrifying.

fixxxer wrote: »
    As if accidentally hooking a Reaper wasn't already terrifying.

Tbh if there's a reaper I'd swap the hog. Monkey can avoid him but hog is a walking ult charge. Yes fattie you take a breather. Give Me all of the charge

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So Soldier's gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Tbh if there's a reaper I'd swap the hog. Monkey can avoid him but hog is a walking ult charge. Yes fattie you take a breather. Give Me all of the charge

Depends on the quality of the Reaper, but yeah usually. Playing tanks is going to suck so much when this goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

It's just infuriating, I get trying the need to address bridgitte and goats and the d. Va balance is needed to be honest.

But then the armor change and reaper buff.

Blizzard always swing too far with needs it's madness, they have now taken bridgitte who was op and have reduced her bash to a whopping 5 damage, reduced her net healing ability with the armor global change, and the reduced her ult to a slightly worse version of lucios now.

Now watch her pick drop rate plummet.

Individually I think the neefs would be okay, but this whole balance patch will basically turn game into cod at gold a d below.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't really get the thinking behind another nerf to defence matrix. It only lasts for two seconds at the moment so you can't spam it and if you want to eat an ult you have to be either very lucky or be incredibly good at reading the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It genuinely surprises me how many people are surprised to know Sombras ult cancels Sym's ult.

It also gives me no end of fun to save my Sombra ult just to troll the Sym.

• Advertisement

It genuinely surprises me how many people are surprised to know Sombras ult cancels Sym's ult.

It also gives me no end of fun to save my Sombra ult just to troll the Sym.

The first time I used Sombra's Ult, I managed to cancel out a Lucio ult.

That feels like forever ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't really get the thinking behind another nerf to defence matrix. It only lasts for two seconds at the moment so you can't spam it and if you want to eat an ult you have to be either very lucky or be incredibly good at reading the game.
    D'Va has the highest pick rate in all ranks; basically every game and every comp ran her. That is why she needed a nerf in some form to bring her down to the same level as other tanks.

Nody wrote: »
    D'Va has the highest pick rate in all ranks; basically every game and every comp ran her. That is why she needed a nerf in some form to bring her down to the same level as other tanks.

I played 50+ comp games last season between low gold and high silver and I'd say DVA made an appearance in 10 of those games.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I played 50+ comp games last season between low gold and high silver and I'd say DVA made an appearance in 10 of those games.

It's backed up she has like a 90 something percent pick rate. Low gold and high silver are low gold and high silver because they can't see the benefit of a tank that can eat 90% of the games ults

It's backed up she has like a 90 something percent pick rate. Low gold and high silver are low gold and high silver because they can't see the benefit of a tank that can eat 90% of the games ults

I was just replying to Nody who said she has the highest pick rate at all ranks which wasn't true in my experience down here.

She can't eat 90% of the ults either. She can eat Hanzo, Tracer and Zarya. Her matrix will run out before Hog, Solider, Pharah (just) and Reaper finish ulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

she's super effective against the last 4 tbf, you're dead by time the matrix has run out

i love dva but always nice to see the meta get a shake up, games will be nice and fresh now for a while until we're sick of the next meta

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I was just replying to Nody who said she has the highest pick rate at all ranks which wasn't true in my experience down here.

She can't eat 90% of the ults either. She can eat Hanzo, Tracer and Zarya. Her matrix will run out before Hog, Solider, Pharah (just) and Reaper finish ulting.

Mcree, soldier, Anna I think, hog 90% of it, pharrah matrix fly to pharrah cause her to suicide, torbs, a good bit of Bob if you body, bastian, reaper enough that he dies without a kill, meis.

And never mind that it's anything projectile in the game. By far the best defence ability in the game in a char that if you get her out of mech she can remech pretty quick if you don't have your aiming boots on

Oh my I just realised if that reaper change goes through. Anna picks will sky rocket. Nano a dB reaper. Increased damage, increased healing to go with less damage taken

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh my I just realised if that reaper change goes through. Anna picks will sky rocket. Nano a dB reaper. Increased damage, increased healing to go with less damage taken

Does bionade increase his life steal healing too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement