Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yikes. Generally it's best to stop playing if you lose two or three in a row i find.

Heading now towards 20 losses in a row. Honestly cannot understand it. Almost blue card healing in every game. :confused:

Normally high gold/low plat consistently....now heading towards silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Heading now towards 20 losses in a row. Honestly cannot understand it. Almost blue card healing in every game. :confused:

Normally high gold/low plat consistently....now heading towards silver.

I had the same at the start of the season. Constantly getting 10k+ healing but no wins in 10 or 12 games. Haven't played since, no one wanted to work together.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sometimes having really high healing is actually a bad sign as it means your team mates are taking a lot of damage and probably feeding.

A streak like that is why I have two accounts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Agreed, 2-3 losses on my main and it's account switching time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Which is another reason why you're probably losing. You have diamond/gold players with new accounts playing in lower ranks than they should be. There seems to be a lot of that. The last day I was in a 2.5k game with a silver and unranked player. Both of which were dominating.

• Advertisement

More people have multiple accounts than don't I would say, it makes sense to me. All the pros/streamers also do.

off the top of my head

pros
    its free on console to set one up
    It makes the game more enjoyable being able to have an account that's a bit less stressful to play with
    you can play with your friends if they have a slightly lower sr
    you can use it to practice characters that you think are ready for comp
    you can finally get to play dps
    90% less tilt
    if your team pick 4 dps well then you can just join them cause yolo

cons
    people abuse it and play their main, im guilty of that sometimes when playing with group of friends, i try to avoid rein/moira/torb for the most part
    some legit smurfs out there, eg: masters player with a silver account massaging his ego
    sportsmanship - I guess in the ideal world nobody would have a second account, but it is the way it is, I'm not sure how many people would still play the game if you told them they couldnt play with their mates in comp

IMO for the most part people use it like everything else, an excuse as to why they're not ranking up. I have 1000s of hours at this stage and the only problem with me ranking up is i need to get better. But i'm not really worried about ranking up I just enjoy playing, i get slightly better naturally just by playing for fun a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I don't really care about the game enough to create a second account. I don't even play comp as much as before. The game is so unbalanced now, it's not even fun to play (at least seriously).

It's not as stressful because you don't care if you win or lose on that account. The whole point of the competitive mode is that everyone on the team is trying to win and supposed to be doing what's best for the team. If you have 1-2 guys who are only going to pick a hero they don't normally play and don't care about winning/team composition, it ruins the game.

In CSGO there is this prime feature, you had to tie your phone number to one account to prove this is your main account. I think a similar idea could work here.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I care if I win or lose on my second account, I just tend to play different characters to my other account. If I'm having a really bad run on one account it's nice to be able to switch accounts and have a clean slate and more often than not if gets you out of the funk you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Everyone should set up a second account just to play through the weird wasteland that levels 1-25 are now. Smurfs in with noobs and forever bronze, rare and actually match with 12 players. Bastions out in the open firing at the clouds. Its bizarre.

whats so imbalanced?

I'm not going to argue with those who think everyone should have one account. It's just a difference of opinion. I'm glad I can have a second account to play the likes of tracer on, I would go mad playing my mains in comp over and over, forever flexing to suit everybody else. I've even started to introduce tracer during games on my main as a result of playing her so much on my second account. I done the same with Torb last season and he's now my best player so it does work for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

fixxxer wrote: »
    Everyone should set up a second account just to play through the weird wasteland that levels 1-25 are now. Smurfs in with noobs and forever bronze, rare and actually match with 12 players. Bastions out in the open firing at the clouds. Its bizarre.

I don't have a smurf but I have started playing comp with mates on PS (I play on Xbox)

They're all bronze and silver. I can queue with the silvers but not the bronzes.

Holy moly, it is a sight to behold.

Even in gold its practically a free for all, games are won by people popping off for the most part, not by any collective teamwork.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Even in gold its practically a free for all, games are won by people popping off for the most part, not by any collective teamwork.
    Absolutely. I pulled a TerrorFirmer on my Xbox account and I'm in Gold elo hell :(

I'm now at 30 straight losses, I cannot for the life of me understand it. I'm still playing exactly the same as I always did in high gold/plat. The lower rank I go, the more healing I end up doing because as someone pointed out, people are taking much more damage.

I've switched to DPS a few times and this is the sort of crap I'm getting. 37% of team damage! And this was a team with 4 DPS, and I wasn't even DPS at the start, I had to switch off Moira because nothing was dying.

iaSqHOc.jpg

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Absolutely. I pulled a TerrorFirmer on my Xbox account and I'm in Gold elo hell :(

Im on tomorrow night and Sat if you fancy a climb to plat

terrorfirmer, step away from the keyboard lol

I believe they call this full tilt!

Im on tomorrow night and Sat if you fancy a climb to plat
    Sound man, defo!

...maybe some Apex too? :p

terrorfirmer, step away from the keyboard lol

I believe they call this full tilt!

I'm starting to question my sanity. Now at 35 losses.....go and play some quick play, and win most games. :confused:

This is the lowest rank I've had since I started playing the game a few seasons ago. Straight fall from 2550 - 1990 in 1 day.

Cannot understand it at all.

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Sound man, defo!

...maybe some Apex too? :p

I've played about 3 games of apex, ill consider it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm starting to question my sanity. Now at 35 losses.....go and play some quick play, and win most games. :confused:

This is the lowest rank I've had since I started playing the game a few seasons ago. Straight fall from 2550 - 1990 in 1 day.

Cannot understand it at all.

I'm around 1900 after being 2200. If you want to group up let me know and we might be able to get some sort of team comp. Same for anyone else around this rank.

• Advertisement

Silver/Gold/Plat for the xboxers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I like the new map.

i wonder did terrorfirmer win a game, i played 6 yest, WWLLWW, 3100, would like to get over 3200 in the last 6 days

i wonder did terrorfirmer win a game, i played 6 yest, WWLLWW, 3100, would like to get over 3200 in the last 6 days

Well after a straight drop from plat to silver, I had to take a break to focus on finding inner peace of course.

Happy to report I've won 7 games in a row and well back in gold, not happy about that but it's better than finishing at Silver (won't be around to play again until after the season ends).

Still baffled by the whole thing, never experienced anything like it before and hopefully never will. Before this happened I was well used to WLWLWWLL sort of patterns.

Expect a six figure book deal soon "My Descent Into Madness: The TerrorFirmer Overwatch Story"

Good to hear! At least the climb back up will be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm now at 30 straight losses,

I feel your pain. I've lost 400SR in the past few weeks. We lost a couple of players from our regular team and even though the new guys are good it just takes a long time to get a 6 stack working again it seems.

I only solo q, youre doing well to able to get a 6 stack together!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Played a few games for the first time in a few weeks. Turned it off quickly. People are idiots and not worth playing with compared to apex

I tried fortnite, got stuck into pubg, blops & blackout, played some apex but have battle royal burnout. Class game but just kinda feels like, here we go again, another spin on br

They all come and go, ow the goat tbf. R6 up there

• Advertisement

I play a bit of Battlefield and Apex as well, but Overwatch has the best longevity of any game I've ever played before. Anyway, won't get to play anymore comp until next season, but at least I managed to get back to mid-gold very easily, not ideal but should be easy to get back to plat next season unless I'm sent another digital plague of locusts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement