Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Will he be put on PTR tonight?

Out now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Out now

Great I'll give him a blast shortly. Have to say I'm almost done with shooters though, just seem to be playing story games more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Im the opposite, feel like I've grown out of story games altogether. It's a shame really. If I don't get a competitive buzz I get bored very quickly. Competitive junkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Came back after an entire 2.....week break :) On PS4 the smurfing has gotten way out of hand. Really killing my enjoyment of the game right now. Ive been pretty much playing it since launch as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah it's really ramped up recently. Such a buzz kill getting murdered by players who are level 30 but clearly way above my skill level.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah it's really ramped up recently. Such a buzz kill getting murdered by players who are level 30 but clearly way above my skill level.

Always seems to be the Hanzos or Widows as well. I think I conditioned myself to ignore it. I put the controller down last night and asked "was it always this bad and I just got on with it?!"

lots of people stop giving a **** at the end of the season when they either hit their target or were way off, they then decide they're just going to practice being a sniper etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Big changes being tested in PTR.
    Armor

• Beam-type damage is now reduced by 20% when hitting armor

• Damage over time effects are no longer mitigated by armor

Damage Boost

• Damage boost is now applied when a projectile is fired rather than when it hits a target

Knockback

• Knockback distance is now more consistent

• Heroes that are flying can now be knocked back and slowed

Sound

• A new sound plays when you land a hit while damage boosted

• A new sound plays when you land a hit, but it doesn’t do any damage

Ana

• Nano Boost

• Heal reduced from 300 to 250

Doomfist

• Rising Uppercut: Cooldown reduced from 7 to 6 seconds

• Seismic Slam: Cooldown reduced from 7 to 6 seconds

Hanzo

• Sonic Arrow: Detection radius increased from 7 to 9 meters

Junkrat

• Frag Launcher: Impact damage increased from 40 to 60

Lucio

• Speed Song: Effect lowered from 30% to 20%

• Amp it up: Speed song amped effect reduced from 70% to 50%

• Wall Ride: Passive movement speed gained while wall riding increased from 20% to 40%

• Sonic Amplifier: Soundwave now counts towards Offensive Assists

Mccree

• Fan the Hammer: Damage reduced from 55 to 50

• Deadeye: Damage per second increased from 275 to 550 after locking onto targets for 2.5 seconds

• Bonus damage ramp from the previous 1.34 change will now begin after 1.5s, down from 2.5.

Mercy (Possible Bug)

• (Valkyrie: Movement penalty removed during Resurrection)

Mei

• Endothermic Blaster: Primary fire damage increased from 2.25 to 2.75 (45 to 55 damage per second)

• Ice Wall: Health reduced from 500 to 400

(Ice Block: Becomes transparent when player camera clips through)

Moira

• Biotic Grasp: Heal over time duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds

• Total healing increased from 50 to 65

Orisa

• Fusion Driver: Movement speed penalty while firing reduced from 50% to 30%

Pharah

• Rocket Launcher: Minimum explosion damage increased from 16.25 to 20

Reaper

• Passive: Healing amount reduced from 50% to 40%

Soldier: 76

• Pulse Rifle: Damage increased from 19 to 20

• Sprint: Delay before you can fire the weapon after using Sprint reduced from .5 to .3 seconds

• Tactical Visor: Can target RIP-Tire and Immortality Field

Sombra

• Hack: Cooldown is reduced by half when hacking a health pack

(Hack will highlight hacked target with a Sugar Skull for 0.5 Sec)

Symmetra

• Photon Projector: Primary fire damage ramp speed increased by 20%

Torbjörn

• Base health increased by 50 armor (250 maximum health)

• Overload: Armor gain reduced from 150 to 100

Widowmaker

• Infra-Sight: Reveals enemy health bars

• Now canceled on death

Wrecking Ball

• Adaptive Shield: No longer cancels Roll mode

Zarya

• Particle Cannon: Alternate fire radius reduced from 2-3 to 1-2 (based on energy level)

Zenyatta

• Orb of Discord: Effect reduced from 30% to 25%

• Orb of Destruction: Damage increased from 46 to 48

Guess ill stop maining a tank so....massive DPS patch. I know it's to stop GOATS but Jeezus!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The Reinhardt massacre is about to begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

The Reinhardt massacre is about to begin.

Jeff be like

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of main tank voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

The new healer like all new chars looks op as ****

Yeah he really does. Hammond has slotted in really well tbf

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Yeah he really does. Hammond has slotted in really well tbf

Hammond did but if you come up against someone who really really knows how to play that char you are in trouble

Ashe seems fine as well tbf

Brig would be fine if it wasn't for goats

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just did my placements and won 7 of the 10. Played Moira and Orissa in most of them and did well.

First proper game after placements and had a Brigette try to solo the whole other team and then quit.

Good to be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hammond did but if you come up against someone who really really knows how to play that char you are in trouble

Had a monkey & hamster combo so had to switch to Reaper.
    Constantly on fire, taking out their supports once isolated, doing everything I can to win it for our team with a pocket Mercy.
    Couldn't get anywhere because their Widow kept one-shotting me & our Widow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You know, I like the new character.

But what I really want is a support that can't attack. Purely focused on defence. That way we might actually get healers used as healers and not as another DPS the way I already see Baptiste being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

He's a support/dps hybrid though, the same way Brig is a support/tank hybrid.
    Him being able to be aggressive is supposed to be part of his makeup.

I'm visiting family and haven't been able to take him for a spin yet.

He looks fun, I'll wait until he's settled in a bit before I give him a proper bash

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

fixxxer wrote: »
    You know, I live the new character.

But what I really want is a support that can't attack. Purely focused on defence. That way we might actually get healers used as healers and not as another DPS the way I already see Baptiste being used.
    And then you get complaints they are to mandatory to use ala Mercy.

Mercy is hardly mandatory, sure she hasn't been meta since back in the double rez days

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mercy is hardly mandatory, sure she hasn't been meta since back in the double rez days
    When Mercy was the best healer she was seen as mandatory in every comp (and yes Ress was part of it) with people complaining. After lowering her healing and upping other healers (without giving her anything else to contribute) she's fallen to the wayside which was the point. If you have a character who's only healing (as per the request) it's either mandatory or useless; there is no real in between state.

Well she's not useless either tbf!

Well she's not useless either tbf!
    Really?

Lowest pick rate in OWL of all healers.

Second lowest in competitive after Brigitte and only due to lower tiers (in GM she's last once again) bumping her usage up.

Her ultimate has basically zero impact in any team fight of note (compare it with any other healer) and increases the chances she'll die if in upper tiers. Her ability only works right at the start or after combat (ress) due to the time it takes and freezes her for an easy kill.

Sorry but Mercy is pretty much the definition of useless when you want to pick any other healer instead due to bringing more to the table.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Her entire game still centres around res due to a lack of decent burst heal imo. She still has her place but if you negate her res then she may aswell not be there as she can't out heal any sustained damage.

6th most played character in the game, 4th most used healer, even above zen, I would gladly play her and be confident I would be useful. She could possibly do with a slight buff but far from useless imo. And remember the current meta is 3 healers that aren't her so obv not going to be picked in owl and that bumps the other healers pick rate. I mercy mained for quite a bit and think she's in a good place at the moment, for comp anyway maybe not for pros. In comp people rarely play goats so she's a decent pick on defense a lot of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam9653

I think the developers no longer know what kind of weapon to come up with, what happened with Baptist is just a hodgepodge of weapons of a rat, soldier and Ana. I wonder what will happen next, Reinhardt's hammer + Symetry turret?

Liam9653 wrote: »
    I think the developers no longer know what kind of weapon to come up with, what happened with Baptist is just a hodgepodge of weapons of a rat, soldier and Ana. I wonder what will happen next, Reinhardt's hammer + Symetry turret?
    Let me flip that; what's missing instead?

Melee - Rein
    SMG - Sombra
    Assault rifle - Soldier
    Flame thrower / Freeze - Mei
    Sniper rifle - Widow
    LMG - Orissa
    Beam - Symmetra
    DoT - Ana
    Turret - Torbjörn
    Rocket launcher - Pharah
    Grenade launcher - Junkrat
    Shotgun - Reaper
    Flak cannon - Roadhog
    Dual pistols - Tracer
    Single pistol - McCree
    Close range AoE - Winston
    Bow & Arrow - Hanzo
    Reflecting shots back - Genji
    Immobile siege weapon - Bastion

About the only weapons not there coming to mind would be a slime/napalm gun (basically Junkrat with less on hit damage and staying around for a few seconds as area blocking ala Torbjörn ultimate), lightening gun (AoE spreading from the target hit) and then you'd move into the really potentially OP stuff such as target seeking bullets/drones etc. Then again I'm thinking back to the Unreal Tournament days of guns so I may have missed something.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nody wrote: »
    Let me flip that; what's missing instead?

Melee - Rein
    SMG - Sombra
    Assault rifle - Soldier
    Flame thrower / Freeze - Mei
    Sniper rifle - Widow
    LMG - Orissa
    Beam - Symmetra
    DoT - Ana
    Turret - Torbjörn
    Rocket launcher - Pharah
    Grenade launcher - Junkrat
    Shotgun - Reaper
    Flak cannon - Roadhog
    Dual pistols - Tracer
    Single pistol - McCree
    Close range AoE - Winston
    Bow & Arrow - Hanzo
    Reflecting shots back - Genji
    Immobile siege weapon - Bastion

About the only weapons not there coming to mind would be a slime/napalm gun (basically Junkrat with less on hit damage and staying around for a few seconds as area blocking ala Torbjörn ultimate), lightening gun (AoE spreading from the target hit) and then you'd move into the really potentially OP stuff such as target seeking bullets/drones etc. Then again I'm thinking back to the Unreal Tournament days of guns so I may have missed something.

Rail Gun!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement