Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Rank 12 after my 2nd sitting.

Got 2 Play of the Games as Mercy (doing 4x Revieves both times) was f**king delighted with myself was shouting like one of those videos where you see twitch streamers opening loot boxes. Sorry to the lads I was in the party chat with, I got carried away :pac:

Games really fun, only got the hang of about 4 heros so far and still learning the maps and modes.

Some of the maps seem really imbalanced, especially in that mode where you have to capture 2 points, the 2nd point always has crazy choke points. I'm obviously not good at picking the counters, happy enough to just float around holding R2 as Mercy

I can't imagine this game would be was enjoyable as much with randoms. We had 1 game where we played as 6 Troburns and just spammed turrets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cormac... wrote: »
    Some of the maps seem really imbalanced, especially in that mode where you have to capture 2 points, the 2nd point always has crazy choke points. I'm obviously not good at picking the counters, happy enough to just float around holding R2 as Mercy
    They are actually balanced quite well; the bigger difference on those maps is the distance from spawn point to the cap which means first point is easier taken by the attackers but second point is easier to defend. This also means coordinated push to clear point 2 is required to ensure it can be capped in time before the enemy team comes back.

Yeah, maybe when I get more practice I'll have a better chance of doing successful pushes into B, but with my only experience as Soldier 76, Mercy and Reinheart I really felt I was not contributing and running into a meat grinder. It's all practice though, and it's fun so far.

What URL said about matchmaking was spot on, it was painful as a group of 6 on PS4, we were like 4-10 minutes between matches messing around in 6v2 "skirmish" instances

Also, WTF is with the Social menu on console. It's awful. And when someone tries to Join your game on console it gives a pop up where you have to press Y or N..... I'm on console, there is no Y or N :/

So anytime one of the 6 of us got kicked or stepped away for a match, all 5 of us had to leave the lobby and then send out 5 invites again and group up again :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, maybe when I get more practice I'll have a better chance of doing successful pushes into B, but with my only experience as Soldier 76, Mercy and Reinheart I really felt I was not contributing and running into a meat grinder. It's all practice though, and it's fun so far.

What URL said about matchmaking was spot on, it was painful as a group of 6 on PS4, we were like 4-10 minutes between matches messing around in 6v2 "skirmish" instances

Also, WTF is with the Social menu on console. It's awful. And when someone tries to Join your game on console it gives a pop up where you have to press Y or N..... I'm on console, there is no Y or N :/

So anytime one of the 6 of us got kicked or stepped away for a match, all 5 of us had to leave the lobby and then send out 5 invites again and group up again :rolleyes:

Thankfully not being able to leave in a group is being fixed in the Competitive Play patch as far as I know.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thankfully not being able to leave in a group is being fixed in the Competitive Play patch as far as I know.

I think that's the solution to a different problem.

I meant as in if we finished a match of 6v6 and 1 player stepped away (after the match) for a game to smoke or eat, after the next game they couldn't seem to just jump back into the lobby of the 8 or 9 remaining players.

We had to all 5 of us keep leaving the lobby individually and then reforming our group from the main menu again. It's not the end of the world but over about 4 hours of play time it got frustrating in a 1st World Problem way

EDIT: What I'm saying is we had to collapse the lobby to go back to having the 6 of us in a game together even if there were "available" slots in the lobby

• Advertisement

The rankings just as a number is fairly uninspired

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Completed my ten ranking games; 6 wins and rank 48 in the end. Of the four losses 3 was with person leaving (in one case two people) which I could understand in one of them but the last two we had 90s to push the cart the final 60m and in the second game we had turned from being piss poor to beating the other team hardcore and they quit on the last game?! The 4th game we turned 0% vs. 99% overtime game to 99% vs 99% when we lost in the third game so can't really complain about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

EDIT: What I'm saying is the others had to collapse the lobby to go back to having the 6 of us in a game together even if there were "available" slots in the lobby after I had gone for a smoke.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Don't worry too much about ranks.

The vast Majority are between 40-60

http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us/mode/ranked/category/mmr

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Update on Ps4. Excitement...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nothing better than sneaking up on a Bastion in turret form with Tracer and melting it with the pistols.

Cheers love!

Played competitive for 7 games 3W4L. Only met 2 other guys with mics. Most PS4 players are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm nearly positive I played against some who had a skin that's not on release in the game.
    The dude was reinhardt....but with the Stonehardt kind of skin. Yet the color pallete was Blue, red and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just got the game and installed updates etc. As mentioned before, my Internet isn't strong enough to play online, but I can connect online. I only plan on playing against AI.

However, when I press X at the main menu it's trying to enter me into a game. I can't select to play against AI, and I can't connect to a game.

Am I screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Penn wrote: »
    Just got the game and installed updates etc. As mentioned before, my Internet isn't strong enough to play online, but I can connect online. I only plan on playing against AI.

However, when I press X at the main menu it's trying to enter me into a game. I can't select to play against AI, and I can't connect to a game.

Am I screwed?

Think theres something up server side atm, tried to connect myself a while back and couldn't connect neither.

Ranked at 46 and moves up to 50. Things got haaaaaard then.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm nearly positive I played against some who had a skin that's not on release in the game.
    The dude was reinhardt....but with the Stonehardt kind of skin. Yet the color pallete was Blue, red and white.

Origins Edition extras maybe?

Blizzard staff might have the newer ones / unique ones or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People running to health packs while I'm healing them with Mercy makes my brain hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Currently 2-4. This is fcuking infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »
    People running to health packs while I'm healing them with Mercy makes my brain hurt.

Force of habit I'd say, alot of players would be used to doing it after taking any damage, especially if they're playing alot of characters that aren't used to depending on healers because they're running around the map so much, tracer/genji/reaper etc

J. Marston wrote: »

Roadhog pipping me to health packs has to be the most mind boggling

Started ruining a team in competitive there and three of their team left. I've had three games recently where people have left. It's such a sh1theel thing to do, considering this game is perfect for those epic comebacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Attacking Anubis is becoming a chore, you are usually up against 2-3 Torbjorns, a Bastion, a Zenyatta and Mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Grayditch wrote: »
    Started ruining a team in competitive there and three of their team left. I've had three games recently where people have left. It's such a sh1theel thing to do, considering this game is perfect for those epic comebacks.

Yeah I really hate the attitude of it. Firstly, it's never over until it's over. Secondly, why bother playing competitive if you want to be able to leave at will? Just stick to quick play like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is it too late to start playing this game? thinking of picking it up

Never too late, I'd say.

I wish you could invite recent team mates to a group without having to add them on PSN.

I only started playing on Thursday and I'm rank 21 now. Played with a lot the Boardsies on PS4, it's much better in a group imho. Really fun game.

• Advertisement

Sorry, level 25 players should be nowhere near Competitive Mode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement