Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Will the beta comp matches you play make any difference to the actual comp placements when its out of beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got a 300mb patch there so I'm guessing role Lock is gone live.

Five games in a row and five wins. The game is so much better when you don't have people being d**ks or four DPS on your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It's nice being able to pick sombra and your team cant decide they'd all do a better job at dps and switch off their role.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah it's great, though there's still plenty of people having a nervous breakdowns in the voice/text chat about that sort of thing going by the few games I had last night. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The fight dynamics feel so different now, its almost like a new game. That might be down to the ult charge reduction too making actual team play more important. went about 50/50 last night. I think we lost all games where we had a sigma on our team and not on the other.

Brig is in a really awful place now though with that shield reduction. She may need some sort of symetra style rework.

Lost all my support placements and finished 2100. Won all my tank placements and finished 2078. Cant bring myself to do the DPS ones yet. Nice being a Rein/Orisa player in this set up, though I've already noticed Moira/Baptiste combos being light on healing.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I've already noticed Moira/Baptiste combos being light on healing.

Really? Both have huge healing potential, unless one of them is off DPSing I find it odd that your finding them light on healing.

I played my support games the other day and won all five. Placed me at 2121. I was averaging about 15k healing with Moira.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I played my support games the other day and won all five. Placed me at 2121. I was averaging about 15k healing with Moira.

That seems very odd. I did mine as Moira too, lost 4 of 5, did about 12k healing in each, and ended up at 2450.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Homelander wrote: »
    That seems very odd. I did mine as Moira too, lost 4 of 5, did about 12k healing in each, and ended up at 2450.

sure i probably dont even get 15k healing and im 3k+, its based off your previous sr so youre not going to be ranked much differently than before

How's everyone finding the role select?

The games are definitely more consistent. I'm struggling a bit with this double shield meta, i love playing off tanks and coming up against double shield all the time is tiresome. Id say we're going to lose a lot of dps only players as they get fed up queuing for games, some will start trying other roles. I'll probably play very little dps now because Id rather play than wait, id say when I dip into the arcade i'll get my hit then.

• Advertisement

Homelander wrote: »

I finished last season around 1800 because I was playing a few different heros I don't normally play so dropped down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The DPS queue is nuts. Waiting like 6-8+ minutes. The placement games have been awful with some real donkeys out there. Now that I've placed though it does seem more consistent. In general I've placed higher than my previous SR which is nice even though i lost a good few.

I feel like the game is a lot more ridged now though. Basically the permutations of teams are more narrow. Whoever picks a tank first, the second must be x or y but not the other choices. Same for support. DPS is more free I suppose but the game feels so hinged on a good DPS wrecking.

In a way I'd prefer some kind of randomisation where each team had to have the same number of roles but it would be changing e.g. 1 tank, 3 dps, 2 support. Even a fixed set of these randomisations would at least give some variation. I guess that doesn't lend itself well to competitive play though.

Anima wrote: »
    The DPS queue is nuts. Waiting like 6-8+ minutes. The placement games have been awful with some real donkeys out there. Now that I've placed though it does seem more consistent. In general I've placed higher than my previous SR which is nice even though i lost a good few.

I feel like the game is a lot more ridged now though. Basically the permutations of teams are more narrow. Whoever picks a tank first, the second must be x or y but not the other choices. Same for support. DPS is more free I suppose but the game feels so hinged on a good DPS wrecking.

In a way I'd prefer some kind of randomisation where each team had to have the same number of roles but it would be changing e.g. 1 tank, 3 dps, 2 support. Even a fixed set of these randomisations would at least give some variation. I guess that doesn't lend itself well to competitive play though.

I've been playing a few games on Tank and picking mostly Orisa and Zarya. I've had Rein, Sigma, Hamster and Hog as the other tanks. Strangely enough I've only seen Dva once and that was on the opposite team into my Zarya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've been playing a few games on Tank and picking mostly Orisa and Zarya. I've had Rein, Sigma, Hamster and Hog as the other tanks. Strangely enough I've only seen Dva once and that was on the opposite team into my Zarya.

Dva got needed to bits to down power goats and increase mcree widoes etc viability is why

Dva got needed to bits to down power goats and increase mcree widoes etc viability is why

She hasn't had anything done since June though? And that was to do something to the range on Defense Matrix wasn't it?

Support and DPS staying around 2200.

Started 2100 with Tank but have plummeted to 1850. Couple of leavers, couple of games stuck with not healing healers. The rest close games we lost.

Maybe it's just me but am the shields and at the moment are making things difficult to see.

Played on Horizon with Orisa and sigma on both teams. All four had shields deployed, then symetra ulted then our Moira ulted and for a bit I couldn't make it a single thing on screen. Making close quarters engagement messy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hey folks!

So this has reached the boards 10,000 post limit so closing this. I've started a new thread and moved some of the most recent posts over to give it a sense of continuity!

New thread is here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058012868

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement