Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cormac... wrote: »

This perfectly sums up my life as Reaper

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Blizzard Entertainment is suing a cheating company Bossland for an Overwatch cheating tool "Watchover Tyrant"!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good, they should :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is there a group of people who play on PC on here? Wouldn't mind some competitive play with others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm unsure of what the developers would prefer you do when a player leaves. The warning covers up important info for the rest if the match.

Very rarely ever beat 6 with 5 but I stay anyway. What do you guys do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm unsure of what the developers would prefer you do when a player leaves. The warning covers up important info for the rest if the match.

i always stay as i've won epic 5 v 6 matches before.

but because of that leaver, even if you win you get naff all rank. such a ****ty system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'll stay for the simple reason leaving is 100% loss; staying can win you the game even if it's rare.

The warning on Ps4 anyway is telling you that you can leave without penalty or loss, for about 30 seconds. Then it changes to just No Punishment But Loss.

I don't, but that warning sign really gets in the way a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone charges into a 3 on 1 battle and then spams "I need healing." before dying.

I'm gonna teabag you, not res you.

• Advertisement

Can't go beyond level 50, no matter how hard I try. Really enjoying Competitive. The Payloads are so much better in this format.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Is there a group of people who play on PC on here? Wouldn't mind some competitive play with others.
    There are three of us that play from time to time. Tis good fun, add me if you like (details in the other overwatch thread, am at work so don't have them handy).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

There are three of us that play from time to time. Tis good fun, add me if you like (details in the other overwatch thread, am at work so don't have them handy).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can't go beyond level 50, no matter how hard I try. Really enjoying Competitive. The Payloads are so much better in this format.

Yeah I fluctuate between 47-50, 99% solo queue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So it seems I have a bit of a ways to go to get to competitive (only lvl 17). But you know what? Doesn't bother me at all, Overwatch is a "I've got 15 minutes to kill, I'll shoot some people in their digital face" which makes me a filthy casual of course, but sue me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Shiminay wrote: »
    So it seems I have a bit of a ways to go to get to competitive (only lvl 17). But you know what? Doesn't bother me at all, Overwatch is a "I've got 15 minutes to kill, I'll shoot some people in their digital face" which makes me a filthy casual of course, but sue me :P

You're better off. For me the competitive games run too long, a close game can be 20-30 minutes if not more. The salt levels are considerably higher too. Probably 30% of competitive games I've played have someone leaving on the losing side after the first round.
    Quick play still deals out around ten minutes of fun, win or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If I'm playing for about an hour I like to wedge a competitive game in as the filling in a quick play sandwich. They both offer something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Takes about 15 hours to hit Rank 25 for what it's worth, if anyone was wondering

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've gone back to casual for the one off type games and it's interesting to see players who're up to level 90+ who play instead of competitive; if I'm not in try hard mode and want to practice I'm definitely sticking to casual as I still got plenty to learn.

Not a fan of competitive. Every second game is abandoned because someone leaves early. Lose a game and the rating plummets, win and you get a small notch back. The incentive to win is pretty crap too, win 300 games and I get gold guns?

Quick play is fun most of the time. Competitive is too stop/start.

• Advertisement

Played about 300 matches in total now,know all heroes very well,know whos good for what job,who counters who etc
    I haven't had anyone leave a competitive game but in general I just find competitive to be full of toxic assholes.
    As has been mentioned the incentive to play competitive is pretty much non existent.

Quick Play is a lot more fun imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I just bought Overwatch a few hours ago and I love it.
    I like playing as any of the agile characters but I'm quite fond of Mercy, Widowmaker and Reaper out of the heroes I tried.

I even got a play of the game as Reaper that didn't involve his ultimate.
    Used the teleport to sneak up on the enemy team and take them out.

My one moment of glory so far. :pac:

I can't see myself trying competitive, quickplay matches and bullying the A.I. in training is good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I changed the reticle for Solider76 and Window to a Red Dot.
    Works much better for me personally.

Also...as Solider76...you get the option to turn on health bars for Allies (click Solider76 in the options dropdown instead of all....and look at Character Options (or something) I think it is. Very useful....healing those in need with your E.

Remember you can change crosshair colour and type individually for each hero.

For example, while I like the dot and small xhair options I like to keep Hanzo`s default one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I don't imbed gifs anymore since they take agggggggeeeees to load on this site

https://gfycat.com/EmbellishedClassicEchidna

I've swapped Lucio's jump button X with his Soundwave blast L2, so I can effectively wallride while I shoot. Revelation for me as controller user.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've swapped Lucio's jump button X with his Soundwave blast L2, so I can effectively wallride while I shoot. Revelation for me as controller user.

I've been playing Lucio a lot, gotta try this

D.Va should glue two of her handguns on to her mech because those cannons aren't worth a shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

J. Marston wrote: »
    D.Va should glue two of her handguns on to her mech because those cannons aren't worth a shíte.

She's the only hero who could really do with a buff, just make it so that her movement speed isn't effected by shooting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement