Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I can't play D.Va at all, seems weak as f**k, no accuracy and not exactly very "Tanky" compared to Rheinheart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The damage drop off on her guns seems to be huge, gotta charge right up into people's faces

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Crucifix wrote: »
    I've been playing Lucio a lot, gotta try this

It stops you pulsing enemies off the edges of maps as quickly as you normally would, but I think it's worth it. Just takes a while to get used to. You can also bunnyhop during every dual and I find that keeps me alive longer against a Soldier 76 and such.

Considering trying it with Genji too, but something possibly too important would have to move to X.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I found her quite good in the beta but not really touched her since launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think D.Va's great myself. Love using her to disrupt teams on payload matches.

She has feck all damage output at anything other than point blank range but she's not supposed to be a serious damage dealer anyway.

Her Booster ability is deadly for knocking Reinhardts out of position or countering Zenyatta's ult by isolating him from the rest of his team.

Her defense matrix is class for protecting against a load of other characters ultimate too. Noting more satisfying than flying towards a Pharah and blocking her rocket barrage, or popping it while a Reaper is about wipe out a closely grouped bunch.

Probably my favorite character to play with... in terms of fun anyway.

• Advertisement

She's not very powerful, but when used right she's a giant pain in the arse to come up against.

I've found it really easy to avoid her ultimate these days, just using cover for a second.

Overwatch meets Rick and Morty.

(I don't know how to imbed Tumblr images like this)

http://christendraws.tumblr.com/post/147030307774/fire-in-the-wubbalubbadubdub

I've also switched L2 to jump with Winston as he had nothing mapped there. Works really well. Get killed slightly less if they're only shooting your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Grayditch wrote:
    I've also switched L2 to jump with Winston as he had nothing mapped there. Works really well. Get killed slightly less if they're only shooting your feet.

Why/how is it better than L1?

No, just his regular jump.

• Advertisement

I think D.Va's great myself. Love using her to disrupt teams on payload matches.

She has feck all damage output at anything other than point blank range but she's not supposed to be a serious damage dealer anyway.

Her Booster ability is deadly for knocking Reinhardts out of position or countering Zenyatta's ult by isolating him from the rest of his team.

Her defense matrix is class for protecting against a load of other characters ultimate too. Noting more satisfying than flying towards a Pharah and blocking her rocket barrage, or popping it while a Reaper is about wipe out a closely grouped bunch.

Probably my favorite character to play with... in terms of fun anyway.

Playing against some decent D.Va's in comp can be incredibly infuriating. She is so good at nullifying ults. I love coming across brilliant players who completely change the way I think about a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Playing against some decent D.Va's in comp can be incredibly infuriating. She is so good at nullifying ults. I love coming across brilliant players who completely change the way I think about a character.

Happened to me when I came across an amazing Genji player. He seemed to have been playing Genji for so long he knew exactly how much of a distance limit there was using Dash. He also used it vertically more than any other Genji I'd ever seen. I was playing as Pharah and he completely destroyed me handily whereas I normally ruin Genji's.

One time a Genji jumped out of a well I had knocked him into with the dash, killing me with it. It was pretty amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kur4mA wrote: »
    Happened to me when I came across an amazing Genji player. He seemed to have been playing Genji for so long he knew exactly how much of a distance limit there was using Dash. He also used it vertically more than any other Genji I'd ever seen. I was playing as Pharah and he completely destroyed me handily whereas I normally ruin Genji's.
    Had the same experience with a Widowmaker on Anubis; she went places I never even thought about or seen any other players at before. In the end she had something silly like 90% kill participation rate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Grayditch wrote: »
    One time a Genji jumped out of a well I had knocked him into with the dash, killing me with it. It was pretty amazing.

Speaking of... I love getting knocked down the well as Tracer, Pharah or D.Va (I don't play Genji) and then reappearing out of it like a Phoenix from the ashes. Especially if I then kill the person who knocked me in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Here's a question; does Dash when using Genji's Ult cause the same amount of damage as normal or does it cause more damage (similar to an R2 attack when his Ult is active)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Speaking of... I love getting knocked down the well as Tracer, Pharah or D.Va (I don't play Genji) and then reappearing out of it like a Phoenix from the ashes. Especially if I then kill the person who knocked me in! :D

Heh, i was playing Lucio on it yesterday with friends, lucio is the best at stay out of the well. Anyway there was a Zarya on the oppossing team who ulted me and my team right at the edge of the hole, i was the only one hanging over the edge, i popped my ult straight away to protect my team from the bombardment while in the Ult. Lucio does a jump and hits the ground in his ult animation.

However as i wasnt above any ground i done the jump animation and shot straight out of the zarya ult and plummeted to my death :eek:

Luckily my ult didnt trigger because of this and i went back to the point ult ready and we still won the game :pac:

Penn wrote: »
    Here's a question; does Dash when using Genji's Ult cause the same amount of damage as normal or does it cause more damage (similar to an R2 attack when his Ult is active)?

Not a stupid question at all mate, Genji's ult does 150 damage per slice. His dash attack does 50 damage and then causes the target to bleed for another 30 damage and they also take increased damage with this bleed, i dont actually know how long they bleed for however, id imagine its only a second or two

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I got / was part of a Team Kill with Soldier 76; sadly my replay cut off just before the announcement :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I got / was part of a Team Kill with Soldier 76; sadly my replay cut off just before the announcement :(
    Only done that as Bastion; I love sneaking behind enemy teams on payload maps and wipe out the whole team clustering around the payload before they notice what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Labhaoise#1537
    PC

Probably been brought up before, but in settings you can independently adjust Widowmakers look sensitivity when you are aiming down sights with her sniper rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cormac... wrote: »
    Probably been brought up before, but in settings you can independently adjust Widowmakers look sensitivity when you are aiming down sights with her sniper rifle

Is there a recommended sensitivity on consoles for snipers? Or just personal preference?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there a recommended sensitivity on consoles for snipers? Or just personal preference?

Can of worms question, but yeah, depends on preference

You can always test it against the bots in the firing range that move side to side

I wish there was a way to have a different sensitivity between Mercy's staff and gun. I'd like to her her staff on crazy high so I can turn a lot faster, but I couldn't aim thr gun to save my life when I tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's something about putting a visible number that can move up and down, next to a players name, that turns people into absolute assholes. Thought the Overwatch community was great having played since launch, but there's just so many angry assholes playing Competitive right now that it's like the worst of DOTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

There's something about putting a visible number that can move up and down, next to a players name, that turns people into absolute assholes. Thought the Overwatch community was great having played since launch, but there's just so many angry assholes playing Competitive right now that it's like the worst of DOTA.

Yeah, I hate the whole attitude around competitive. Someone in this thread earlier was saying you couldn't possibly be ready for competitive mode at level 25, that kind of stuff. Think I'll stick to quick play. The games run much smoother on quick play too with less worrying about leaving matches, penalties etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I wish there was an option to turn the chat window off in the settings i hate the drama, and getting roped into it also, it just happens! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

If they aren't on my friends list or talking tactics I ignore them.

I was playing with a 76 one day that seemed to know their stuff.
    Everyone did what they were told and we squashed the other team.

Still trying for a POTG with Mercy. It'll happen! :pac:
    Probably need to res a load of people for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

If they aren't on my friends list or talking tactics I ignore them.

I was playing with a 76 one day that seemed to know their stuff.
    Everyone did what they were told and we squashed the other team.

Still trying for a POTG with Mercy. It'll happen! :pac:
    Probably need to res a load of people for it though.

Persuade a Roadhog not to self heal and you will get it that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement