Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If you want to see how the pros do it sub to this guy on youtube or watch his live streams.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Are you guys playing on consoles or something? Hanzo is deadly in even the most average of hands, he does huge damage with that bow and his Ult is a team killer of some note. I have definitely played with and against more "good" Hanzo's than bad. He's not my style of character, so I don't bother much myself.

So much of that seems like luck

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Shiminay wrote: »
    Are you guys playing on consoles or something? Hanzo is deadly in even the most average of hands, he does huge damage with that bow and his Ult is a team killer of some note. I have definitely played with and against more "good" Hanzo's than bad. He's not my style of character, so I don't bother much myself.

I'm playing console and you don't see many effective Hanzos - plenty of people playing him though!

Maybe if i break into a higher tier of play on competitive he'll start to show up, but I don't remember fighting with or against an effective Hanzo in my my last 20-30 games.

What skill rank are you guys if you don't mind me asking? Had a rough run in the placement matches but have managed to climb to 53.

Wondering what the game are like for the 65+ people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There's a word for it when you're consistently 'lucky'.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hacker?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

****ehawk?

Even that guy is laughing at some of his bs shots. I can't stand playing with or against Hanzo. Probably the most infuriating character.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Far from it,granted one or maybe 2 lucky shots that we all get.
    Watch his other videos and weep at how good he is.
    I just linked his hanzo vid as people were talking about hanzo.

Even that guy is laughing at some of his bs shots

Have you not seen pro pc players before?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Want to cry? Try playing against a good Hanzo/Widowmaker with a dedicated Mercy booster...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I play against AI a lot and it's almost exclusively combinations of Zarya, S76, Zenyetta, Mcree, Roadhog & Reaper, regardless of match type or whether they're attack or defence.

Almost always two Zaryas too which can be a pain in the jacksy.

It's just something I noticed while messing around with matches.

The only AI characters are McCree, Soldier 76, Reaper, Bastion, Roadhog, Zarya, and Zenyatta.

Tbh I don't see why they'd even bother with a play vs AI mode when it's so limited

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm playing console and you don't see many effective Hanzos - plenty of people playing him though!

Maybe if i break into a higher tier of play on competitive he'll start to show up, but I don't remember fighting with or against an effective Hanzo in my my last 20-30 games.

What skill rank are you guys if you don't mind me asking? Had a rough run in the placement matches but have managed to climb to 53.

Wondering what the game are like for the 65+ people.

I played against a good few excellent Hanzo's on PS4 that have made me reconsider my life choices!

I'm level 80+ now but I was playing against great Hanzo's from level 30+. I still remember the first 100+ Hanzo I played against, gave me night terrors!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's just something I noticed while messing around with matches.

The only AI characters are McCree, Soldier 76, Reaper, Bastion, Roadhog, Zarya, and Zenyatta.

Tbh I don't see why they'd even bother with a play vs AI mode when it's so limited

Its biggest flaw is that if you get a team kill or anything, the enemy team come back out repeatedly in a line, and alternate which route they come at you every second time. Playing as a Reinhardt in defense is shockingly easy as his fire strike and charge will do huge damage when they're all in a line and you know where they're coming from. Same with his Ultimate which knocks them all down and then you can just swing away and easily get 4 of them (maybe not the Zaryas).

That's playing vs the AI in medium, not sure if it does the same in Hard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Why on earth are you playing against AI in a competitive multiplayer game? OK, if you wanna try out a new hero or whatever, that makes perfect sense, but if you've bought a 100% competitive multiplayer game only to sit on your tod playing against bad AI then I dare suggest you're doing yourself a massive disservice and have wasted €40...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Why on earth are you playing against AI in a competitive multiplayer game? OK, if you wanna try out a new hero or whatever, that makes perfect sense, but if you've bought a 100% competitive multiplayer game only to sit on your tod playing against bad AI then I dare suggest you're doing yourself a massive disservice and have wasted €40...
    I used it for a few matches at the start to get the hang of how the game feels and operates.
    I might go back if I want to practice with a hero I haven't used yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hanzo is good if you can get the hang of him, sure first game I played was as Hanzo and I got a 13/0 or 15/0 with him, 2 kills were from his super and the rest with the bow, I did manage a 2 for 1 headshot aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A good Hanzo is a Pharah's nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why include it as an option at all then?

If people want to and enjoy playing against AI that's their prerogative. Not everyone has a strong enough internet connection to be playing competitive the whole time anyway.

If the game isn't supposed to be played that way then don't include it as a half assed and unfinished option is all I'm saying.

You can rack up quite a bit of XP playing that mode too, so Blizzard should have at least given it a bit more attention than they did.

For messing around with a few mates in custom matches it'd be nice to have a selection of more than 7 chars to choose as AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Because my internet is weak as almighty sh*t and usually struggles in a full game with 12 people (though I get a few games in here and there before it goes sh*t). I'm hoping to be moving soon so I bought the game to get used to it and not be starting off at point zero when everyone else has had it for months and would easily crucify a new player.

So yes, it affords me the opportunity to get used to the gameplay, maps & heroes as well as the few proper full games I get and I knew that before I bought it, and I've been enjoying the game enough that I don't feel like I have done myself any disservice. Money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Advertisement

I'm gonna exclusively play Hanzo tonight. Maybe I won't hate him after a while

I'll be trying Zarya for the 10th or so time, but at least now I've watched a video explaining her better.

Jaysus quick play has really gone to ****. There is no consideration for building a variety of heroes. Three hanzo's on attack, and I'm one of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Anybody missing the ability to join dedicated servers?

I get annoyed when im in a game with good players and were all enjoying the game, only to get reloaded the next map to get thrown into a totally different game and having a shit time with bad players/flamers/trolls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does anyone actually go into those games where it shows 30 seconds left? Stupid that quitting that contributes to leaving penalties.

Why would I want to join a game that will be finished and end in defeat by the time I load in?

I wouldn't mind it it fit didn't count towards a loss on stats. I'm not sure they do count as defeats, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can anyone recommend some decent YouTube guides to have a watch before I dive in?

Just to get a basic idea of the different characters and classes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some decent YouTube guides to have a watch before I dive in?

I haven't come across any bad ones yet. It helps to type in a certain character, you'll get tips for them specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

emmetkenny wrote: »

I like the Unit lost channel, scroll down the vids a bit and you will see guides for specific characters.

https://www.youtube.com/c/unitlosttube/videos

Junkrat guide for example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I hate fighting Junkrat, so so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement