Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just played my first three games there and had a go with Zarya, Zenyatta and Junkrat.

I really liked Zenyatta and Junkrat.

Can see myself getting addicted to this game with a good team.

Aye it's a huge amount of fun.

Added you, gimme a shout if you fancy teaming up some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Think I might spend the next few evenings focusing on trying out some of the characters I haven't played as yet, particularly Winston, D-Va, Tracer and Junkrat. Been getting demolished in games against good Junkrats lately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm looking forward to getting a working PC so I can play this. Living with people who are big into it, and it does look like a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Playing as Widow can be so much fun. Still on the ranking matches but really enjoying them so far (as long as the team is alright)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Does anyone know where I can find the details on any console patches? Are they listed separately to the PC patches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find the details on any console patches? Are they listed separately to the PC patches?

General patch notes here. Those for just PC are marked as such.

Taken from notes in relation to consoles.
    Please note that many of the changes marked as [PC Only] will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CodeNameEagle

Just bought the game!, Is this AMAZING OR WHAT?!! LOVE IT
    Any idea if there will there be community server?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Aye it's a huge amount of fun.

Added you, gimme a shout if you fancy teaming up some time.

Will do. Be on tomorrow night for an hour or so.

Is Junkrat considered good?

726cfb9551a1772bb1a0f85e8424bbbd0d9a133ea56e16bf8829a3858a585b2e_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'm usually on weekdays but busy the next few, will catch you soon for a game.

Yeah he's a good solid character, can do a fair amount of damage to anything on the ground and his trap/bomb is a useful alternative when you are out of grenades.

He was definitely my most played character for the first 10 hours; taking down shields, discouraging people from going near the payload etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're limiting competitive to one of each hero...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-to-limit-teams-to-one-of-each-character-/1100-6441726/

That combined with Torbjorn's incoming nerf will render him completely obsolete. Can't wait.

I'm not overly chuffed on that. What it will lead to is INSTA locking characters the minute you load up.

It also means removing some of the strategies and play styles that were perfectly fine. I'm a bit concerned now that I'll have a race in games to obtain Reaper.

I'm not very accommodating in solo queue games, as I tend to just play my strong characters as its my best chance to carry.

Feel this will just lead to people insta locking stuff, and less room for manoeuvring and comprahmise. I'm still yet to play a ranked game where I've lost to a stacked team of characters. I really don't see what the problem is.

Blizzard should be leaving players work strategies out, instead of crumbling to the tears and whining. It's become pretty easy and evident how you deal with Torj stacking or Solider stacking teams, that I'm surprised people still do it in ranked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TheDoc wrote: »
    Feel this will just lead to people insta locking stuff, and less room for manoeuvring and comprahmise. I'm still yet to play a ranked game where I've lost to a stacked team of characters. I really don't see what the problem is.
    Watch more professional games I guess; KoTH with 4 Tracers on each team or 2x Winston, 2x Tracer, 2x Lucio to get back on the point to reset it leaving it minutes in overtime mode. This is where the changes are coming from.

Above taken from this video on the topic:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think 2 per team should be allowed, one is too limiting. There are already good strategies people use with two of a character, without being cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nody wrote: »
    Watch more professional games I guess; KoTH with 4 Tracers on each team or 2x Winston, 2x Tracer, 2x Lucio to get back on the point to reset it leaving it minutes in overtime mode. This is where the changes are coming from.

Above taken from this video on the topic:

Balance shouldn't be, and never is, done based on the professional/competitive levels of the game.

If an issue like the above was rampant, tournament organisers can simply insert their own ruling. Literally as simple as that. They already run custom rule sets, whereby the sudden death is not used at all, instead they use times taken for objectives.

I can't really give Blizzard any real leeway here as they are in the competitive gaming scene long enough, granted with some small success' to specific game types.

Meta at the moment feels like two tanks, two healers and two dps in most cases. And the meta should shift based on the userbase, inventiveness and strategy, and nothing else.

In the grand scheme of things its not going to be a massive deal, I can forsee the increased stress this will cause in champion select. I guess I just need to be insta clicking Reaper and giving two fingers to my team :)

I've taken to intentionally throwing competitive matches when I get in a lobby of random pricks on PS4

You pick Trojburn and place turret in a rubbish place where the attackers have long sight lines from their spawns and the start spamming "We need a Healer" over and over.....

Watch me pick Mercy and Circle strafe around your dying corpse asking "Am I doing our strategy right? Is this Meta?"

Defending?
    "I see we're running 2 Reapers and a Genji.........."
    *GenericDreadHead has left your team*

I am not a good person, but if you think you can pick the easiest characters and play them blatantly badly and then spam about needing support, well enjoy your competitive loss.

I CNGF about my competitive rank given it's season 1.

^^^^^^

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I like to go Mercy in competitive and then only use my pistol.

I like to go Mercy in competitive and then only use my pistol.

Yeah, took out my pistol and started 1v1'ing a Road Hog with my pistol shouting "I need some help" (I could see 5 of them were in chat)

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So your solution for a bad game with bad people who clearly need someone to explain what's wrong to them is to make it way worse?

Good job...

You are more of a problem than bad players who don't know any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah here, lads.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah here, lads.

What? I thought we were playing a game of one-upmanship in terms of who could be the least cooperative multiplayer teammate. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mercy's damage boost is going from 30% to 50%.

Also, noticed in the Numbani waiting area before attacking, Cork is on the overhead arrivals and departures board.

Cork map incoming?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Noticed in the Numbani waiting area before attacking, Cork is on the overhead arrivals and departures board.

Cork map incoming?

You know I specifically looked at that one day to see if Dublin was on it, but didn't even notice Cork. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's probably an easter egg cause Blizzard's got a big office in Cork.

Shiminay wrote: »
    So your solution for a bad game with bad people who clearly need someone to explain what's wrong to them is to make it way worse?

Good job...

You are more of a problem than bad players who don't know any better.

It's not my job to right the worlds wrongs in a public lobby.
    The game is pretty clear in giving tips on team composition, I get the same prompts as anyone else.

You need to have put 15 hours in to be able to unlock competitive
    And these people had all put in at least double that given they were level 40+.

If people decide they want to ignore those tips and start spamming "We need a healer" after all 6 of us have selected our classes, well getting a lecture from me will never change that players behaviour (and thats only if they can hear you, which a lot of players cannot due to console players being in Party Chats).

You've played for 30+ Hours and there's a Big "No Support Troops" prompt and you pick 6th and decide to go with (another) Trojburn and expect someone else to change because you spam the chat? Nah, sorry. Not the kind of team I could be bothered helping

I'll drink my tea, dunk my biscuits, have a smoke, run around the map looking at aesthetics and get a quick bit of xp and less painful gaming experience under my belt.

I honestly don't give a tuppenny feck about people being badly skilled or not having map knowledge, hell I'll play competitive Destiny with anyone on my friends list regardless of skill level.

But you insist on lone wolfing, or expect everyone else to play support except you, well I am going to jump through exactly zero hoops for you.

But me in a group (of Boards players or Randoms) where anyone is discussing team tactics or who to pick/avoid and, you have my attention. Spamming cause you don't wanna give up dem sweet kills, that's a no.

Fwiw I primarily play Support and if not I'll play Tank. I have zero issues with team play or being selfless. Dragging stubborn Trojburns kicking and screaming to a win ain't for me.

Anyone who has played with me on PS4 knows I have zero issues in having a an open discussion about roles and team comp and even being singled out to change class.

Each to their own. My methods are not kind. But I've done my time carrying players like that Trojburn before and I've never felt any happier afterwards for it.

Now hearing him magically get on mic towards the end of the match all of a sudden to ask what was going wrong.
    That, that made me happy and I had little laugh :pac:
    Shiminay wrote: »
    It's probably an easter egg cause Blizzard's got a big office in Cork.

It is, an apparently a lot of the other destinations are places they have offices too

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

^^^^^^

giphy.gif

This haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So how do people feel after getting killed by Mercy? :pac:

I managed to take down a Reaper with full health in a 1v1.
    I was just as surprised as they probably were.

Glad to hear about her damage boost eh boost but won't that make turret Bastions a bit too powerful?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Glad to hear about her damage boost eh boost but won't that make turret Bastions a bit too powerful?

And make him die faster to Genji :pac:

So how do people feel after getting killed by Mercy? :pac:

I got killed in an enclosed, close quarters, narrow hallway by her before as Reaper.

It was pretty humiliating :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

mAYdh1n.jpg
    wait-what-meme-16.jpg?w=300&h=300

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement