Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I felt embarrassed getting killed by Mercy until I started playing with her. Her gun packs a punch. Don't mind her "Why must everything be solved by violence" craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

nix wrote: »
    And make him die faster to Genji :pac:
    That is true, a counter to all I guess. Would be fun to try though.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    I got killed in an enclosed, close quarters, narrow hallway by her before as Reaper.

It was pretty humiliating :o
    I can imagine, I got shot in the back of the head as Tracer.
    I saw it was Mercy and changed character. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Took out a Roadhog who was capturing on Volskaya with Mercy's pistol the other night, supremely satisfying :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    Took out a Roadhog who was capturing on Volskaya with Mercy's pistol the other night, supremely satisfying :D
    Now that is bad. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

She's actually super effective against Reinhardts. They tend to turn to face someone else shooting and them an ignore little old Mercy behind them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I won't lie, it wasn't a 1 on 1 and I was merely the kill shot, but I'm sure it annoyed him when he watched the kill cam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Shiminay wrote: »
    I won't lie, it wasn't a 1 on 1 and I was merely the kill shot, but I'm sure it annoyed him when he watched the kill cam :D

Dieing to a Mercy or Dva out of shell 1v1 is when I turn the game off

Time to start a killed by Mercy support group. :D

I'm not gonna lie, I'm slightly worried about the Ana's ult. Watched a guy play it last night and helped a Reinhart get mad multikills. I guess if the other team has an Ana, she can put him to sleep. Winston getting that boost while he's already on his ult... Jaysus.

Jaysus Cormac..., that wasn't nice to read. I think you if trolled less and ranked up, you wouldn't come across as many careless players. You justify being toxic because someone else is being toxic. Hate begets hate. Break the cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not justifying. simply elaborating
    I never said it was the right thing to do, It's just what I did because I was fed up.
    I am not a good person
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Not justifying. simply elaborating
    I never said it was the right thing to do, It's just what I did because I was fed up.
    I am not a good person
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can attest to this :pac:

ae30af94ea4d162b5556da707a44df6e.jpg

On a less salty note, some of the guys on the subreddit have captured some of Sombras pre-match interactions

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4skok8/here_are_all_of_anas_voice_interactions_at_the/

Ana+Pharah:

Ana: I'll be watching your back out there, Fareeha.
    Pharah: Then I have nothing to worry about.

Pharah: I always dreamed of the day we would fight together.
    Ana: Wanting a better life for you is all I ever dreamed of.

Ana+Widowmaker:

Ana: Gerard was a fool to love someone like you.
    Widowmaker: You don't know anything about him.

Widowmaker: You were once a legend, but what are you now? Just a shell of a woman.
    Ana: I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Ana+Mercy:

Mercy: You know, Ana, there are procedures we could look into to repair your eye.
    Ana: You're very kind, but I'm comfortable with who I am now. It's a good reminder.

Ana+Reaper:

Reaper: Guess you're going back on my list, Ana.
    Ana: What happened to you, Gabriel?

Ana+Soldier:76:

Ana: For a man of your years, you're looking pretty good, Jack!
    S:76: Well, all that stuff they pumped into me has to be good for something.

S:76: Ana, we all thought you were dead. Why didn't you tell me?
    Ana: You of all people are going to ask me that?

Ana+Reinhardt:

Ana: Reinhardt, I must say you're looking quite well. This life must agree with you.
    Reinhardt: And you are looking as lovely as ever.

Reinhardt: Ana? How could this be?! I thought you were dead...
    Ana: I'm sorry, Reinhardt. After everything that happened, I needed time.

Ana+McCree:

McCree: It's an honour fightin' by your side, ma'am.
    Ana:Oh, you always were a charmer.

Ana on Anubis:

Ana: It feels good to be home.

Are all the voice interactions transcribed anywhere? I couldn't find them before

Getting 2 mins to attack on the Coin Flip. Forget it. As soon as we get Defence I know we've won it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Are all the voice interactions transcribed anywhere? I couldn't find them before

I only realised recently there was character interaction at all ! I'm normally tabbed out while the starting game goes through the countdown stuff

NEW HERO CONFIMRED

More Copy Paste stuff I gone and found

https://twitter.com/Triomides/status/753359227729563648?lang=es

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

If only Overwatch had this sort of in-game spray eh?

13692632_1229501560416115_9003952837403729855_n.jpg?oh=e9534f370e7a00445b2315b814db7a54&oe=582C8A20

This sums up my feeling playing on Tuesday :D

Sorry for the sheers size of the images :/

overwatch-matchmaking-1.png

overwatch-matchmaking-2.png

overwatch-matchmaking-3.png

overwatch-matchmaking-4.png

overwatch-matchmaking-5.png

overwatch-matchmaking-6.png

overwatch-matchmaking-7.png

FYI: If you keep loot boxes until after they release Ana, you can apparently then get Ana related loot from those loot boxes Blizzard/Jeff Caplin have stated (read it like 2 days ago, can't find the thread now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

FYI: If you keep loot boxes until after they release Ana, you can apparently then get Ana related loot from those loot boxes Blizzard/Jeff Caplin have stated (read it like 2 days ago, can't find the thread now)

That's weird, the Overwatchers podcast from this morning said the opposite...

No idea where they got their info though, may not be reliable.

Hmmm, in googling to find the thread I did now find conflicting reports alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Its so hard not to open the loot boxes though.

Hurray, 4 more duplicate sprays.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Its so hard not to open the loot boxes though.

Hurray, 4 more duplicate sprays.

Aye, seems like i was on a streak of Two Blues + Two Whites (75%) Duplicates for about a week then got two Gold and Purple back to back on Tuesday.

I think the game was taking sympathy on me for the continued competitive losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two Hanzos and a Widowmaker trying to push a payload.

I say push, we couldn't even get the thing out of the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I bought this on day one but I've only started putting proper time into this week. Multiplayer shooters aren't usually my thing because I'm just not good enough at running and gunning. So the variety on offer here is perfect for me. For the first time ever with one of these games I can actually see the contribution I'm making toward a victory.

I just spent three rounds running around healing. I was responsible for 46% of the total healing over the match. Then the players from both teams voted for me at the end. A nice little pat on the back for a job well done. I'm buzzing. And it turns out I'm also surprisingly effective with a sniper rifle.

It's the game I've been waiting for...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Disaster of a night in the solo queue. Five consecutive matches with complete imbeciles. Thankfully capped it off with a reasonably ok team in the last one. Fortunately it was only quick play but this game can be mighty frustrating as often as it is fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Three times in Point B on Volskaya. Three f*cking times. Three goddamn f*cking times I hit my Ult as Roadhog when at least 4 enemies were coming around the corner and a Mei on our team threw up an ice wall and blocked my Ultimate. The second and third time I even said my ultimate was ready.

What a goddamn f*cking moron.

Disaster of a night in the solo queue. Five consecutive matches with complete imbeciles. Thankfully capped it off with a reasonably ok team in the last one. Fortunately it was only quick play but this game can be mighty frustrating as often as it is fun. :D

Played 6 games in the Solo queue last night, won the first 4 handily and got my skill rank up to 55, then got HAMMERED the last two and dropped down to 54.

Overall happy with the evening, but the lack of coordination and common sense in the last two was shocking. Some chap who was 16 with two stars was playing garbage, dying constantly - how do you play that much and still not know what you're doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Penn wrote: »
    Three times in Point B on Volskaya. Three f*cking times. Three goddamn f*cking times I hit my Ult as Roadhog when at least 4 enemies were coming around the corner and a Mei on our team threw up an ice wall and blocked my Ultimate. The second and third time I even said my ultimate was ready.

What a goddamn f*cking moron.

Seeing quite an up rise in people choosing Mei just to mess with their own team or get revenge for being pwned in the previous game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement