Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xenji wrote: »
    Seeing quite an up rise in people choosing Mei just to mess with their own team or get revenge for being pwned in the previous game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I am really conscious of where I'm putting walls if I'm Mei. I wait for my team to decide a route of attack first and I'll either split the enemy team in half when we launch into them or I'll cut off the most obvious flank. Also: learning that pressing E again makes the wall collapse is the most important thing this thread has done for me :D I wouldn't be one bit surprised if her ice gun in "spray" mode got a bit of a nerf in either DPS or time to freeze cause I was cycling between a Roadhog and Macree who were holding up our cart and keeping them locked down until my team's bigger hitters got back to the payload after death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I play her all the time. I'm expecting them to slow the freeze down. It's just cruel when you get good with her. I love it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Are many people coming up against this in competitive:
    One Lucio dedicated to consistently bouncing around in circles on top of the payload, contesting so it doesn't go forward?

Best ways of dealing with this? Other than the obvious switching to Winston/Mei or "get good at aiming and shoot him off".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One Lucio dedicated to consistently bouncing around in circles on top of the payload, contesting so it doesn't go forward?

Best ways of dealing with this? Other than the obvious switching to Winston/Mei or "get good at aiming and shoot him off".

Junkrat's concussion mine
    Pharah's concussive blast
    Lucio's sonic amplifier

Attacks like that should knock him away enough that he should be easy enough for you or someone on your team to kill while he tries to get back to the Payload

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My biggest problem is enemy Bastion protected by Reinhardt & camping on the Payload.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    My biggest problem is enemy Bastion protected by Reinhardt & camping on the Payload.

Everytime I see that, I think, "Challenge Accepted".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's the entire point of Genji I'd have thought.

He'd be only reflecting it back at the shield. Strangely the best characters for that situation is actually Symmetra. Big ol' orbs of death pass right through shield. Two should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Such a satisfying win there, attacking Anubis. Getting battered for about 7 minutes straight on point B.

About a minute left, I had 93% ultimate for Death Blossom and another guy said his Transcendance was ready. I said group up and we sneaked into the left alley while Reinhardt and a few others were lambs to the slaughter going up main path. In behind them with Death Blossom and Transcendence to slaughter them all and win with a few seconds left. Felt so good!

Though of course Torbjorn got the POTG...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »
    Such a satisfying win there, attacking Anubis. Getting battered for about 7 minutes straight on point B.

About a minute left, I had 93% ultimate for Death Blossom and another guy said his Transcendance was ready. I said group up and we sneaked into the left alley while Reinhardt and a few others were lambs to the slaughter going up main path. In behind them with Death Blossom and Transcendence to slaughter them all and win with a few seconds left. Felt so good!

Though of course Torbjorn got the POTG...

Did you portal onto the left wall?

nix wrote: »
    Did you portal onto the left wall?

No, just walked through that dark alcove on the left. Surprised, but thankful, they had no-one covering it.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Pharah's Concussive Blast to dislodge Reinhardt followed by some rockets. Be very far away and not in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »
    No, just walked through that dark alcove on the left. Surprised, but thankful, they had no-one covering it.

Cool, had a similar game earlier where we were dominating the defense and they all went left and our rein was pushed right up at the dark room and we all stood behind him spamming in ( i was junk) and a their repear shifted onto the broken wall behind us and blossomed the lot of us for the win. He did nothing else of worth the entire game except spam his shotties from afar... (Bastard)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What does it mean when people vote for you? Is there only one builder?

Encountered that just a while ago. 0.37m left to win and he was at it for what seemed like forever and no-one could hit him until a Pharrah on our team rained justice down solely on his head. Good to win but so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What are PC players averaging as their rank?

My highest is 51. But seem to fluctuate a lot between 48-50

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What are PC players averaging as their rank?

My highest is 51. But seem to fluctuate a lot between 48-50

Yeah same as, losing seems to drop me down in a big way and winning gains are very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

finally getting some time to play this up to rank 7 now enjoying it.

playing on pc dunworth1 is my id if anyone fancies a game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Had this experience this morning; I was the only one bothering to push the payload as Reinhart while the rest of the team (some 60s so not talking newbies) ran around playing as if the kill count mattered...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Got to be a tank for a few rounds, played some Roadhog and some Reinhart.
    Pulling people with Roadhog is fun but I really enjoyed being Reinhart.
    Managed to use him well a few times and have fun.

I will probably try to use Dva or Junkrat next.
    Nody wrote: »
    Had this experience this morning; I was the only one bothering to push the payload as Reinhart while the rest of the team (some 60s so not talking newbies) ran around playing as if the kill count mattered...
    I've had to do it as Mercy once or twice. The players with an ounce of intelligence usually get the idea eventually.

You'll get no love in this thread complaining about Payload ;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What does it mean when people vote for you? Is there only one builder?
    Symmetra is a builder too between her turret things and the teleporter.
    As far as I know getting votes is worth very little or nothing at all.
    Might give you some extra xp. Still feels good though. :D

Symmetra is a builder too between her turret things and the teleporter.
    As far as I know getting votes is worth very little or nothing at all.
    Might give you some extra xp. Still feels good though. :D

I got voted once. I managed to kill three people pushing the payload just before it got into the end zone and push it back up the hill and around the corner where we managed to hold it for the rest of the game.

How is play of the game decided?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got voted once. I managed to kill three people pushing the payload just before it got into the end zone and push it back up the hill and around the corner where we managed to hold it for the rest of the game.

Nearly always multikills, but you do see a Mercy getting it for reviving 4 or 5 team mates at once on occasion.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nearly always multikills, but you do see a Mercy getting it for reviving 4 or 5 team mates at once on occasion.

Ah so no one actually votes for it? That makes sense.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The funniest thing is seeing what gets PLOTG when everyone on both teams are crap.
    I got it for a two person rez the other day because that is how badly everyone performed. :pac:

That is good going, who is your preference to play as so far?

The funniest thing is seeing what gets PLOTG when everyone on both teams are crap.
    I got it for a two person rez the other day because that is how badly everyone performed. :pac:

That is good going, who is your preference to play as so far?

Em no idea :D

I like Zenyatta but I think he moves to slow. I really liked Junkrat but only tried him the once. I've used the Turret Guy three or Four times.

Still haven't played with everyone yet.

• Advertisement

Em no idea :D

I like Zenyatta but I think he moves to slow. I really liked Junkrat but only tried him the once. I've used the Turret Guy three or Four times.

Still haven't played with everyone yet.
    I still haven't used Mei, Winston, Hanzo or Zenyatta plus Junkrat and Dva which I already mentioned.

I like to mess around with the characters but I also try to play to what the team is missing.
    Which is usually support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement