Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Cina wrote: »
    The matchmaking is awful lately. Regularly getting paired with level 80/90 players and level < 10 players. I'm level 26.

Level doesn't mean anything in this game though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

A Neurotic wrote: »

Means zip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Means zip
    Means they've been playing longer, and have opened a lot of loot boxes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It doesn't conclusively proove anything but if you see someone level 60 with three stars and a guy who's level 25, and you get to pick one to be on your team... Which one are you going for. Random pick, yeah? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Grayditch wrote: »
    It doesn't conclusively proove anything but if you see someone level 60 with three stars and a guy who's level 25, and you get to pick one to be on your team... Which one are you going for. Random pick, yeah? ;)

Okay, better way to look at it, your level means zip when it comes to Hero powers or any such nonsense.

A level 60 could still end up being a complete blueberry though. ;)

• Advertisement

It's true, you're never going to know based on the rank they're at. But you'll find it a very basic indicator, usually because most people will get better at something the more they do it. You'll never know if they're testing out a new character though, which everyone has to do sometimes.

I've seen some very high level players who are just terrible and completely unhelpful, so really, it doesn't mean squat. And if you think it means they know how to play the game, higher level players disappoint you in a multitude of different ways, like the *ahem* water noggins who run around chasing kills while the payload is ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Officially over the Torbjorn hump! Attacking on Hanamura and we beat a team of 6 Torbs in 3 minutes.

The D.Va buffs are interesting. Ult is definitely more effective, especially because you don't end up killing only 95% of the time, but also you can shoot down people who are fleeing. The change to her shield is also quite welcome, she feels a lot more useful now.

Grayditch wrote: »

What do the stars mean?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What do the stars mean?

I could be wrong but I think it means they've prestiged or something like that?

Yeah that's it. Add 100 onto their level.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Played 9 or 10 competitive matches last night, half solo queue and half with a group of 3/4.

Dropped from 56 to 52, which was a bit heartbreaking. Once or two of the matches i would say we had bad team comp or a few players who were really out of their depth, but a lot of the games we were just up against really determined opposition.

Won one or two, and difference between your skill rank going up with a win versus going down with a loss seems pretty consistently skewed.

Still can't stop playing the damn game though, love it even when i'm tearing lumps out of my hair. May just need a night of quick play to relax; some fun Symettra rounds dossing about with laser turrets and i'll be back to normal.

Anyone know when the weekly Brawl changes? Wasn't mad on the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Links234 wrote: »
    The D.Va buffs are interesting. Ult is definitely more effective, especially because you don't end up killing only 95% of the time, but also you can shoot down people who are fleeing. The change to her shield is also quite welcome, she feels a lot more useful now.

I used her for two or three games last night, she is much more effective. I was having a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

A Neurotic wrote: »

Just means they've played a lot more of the game and generally it shows, sure you get some players who could still be crap at 100 but in general a level 100 will be far better than a level 10. It makes for very, very uneven games to have such a mixture of levels.

Pre-patch it always seemed fairly even in terms of levels, not sure why that's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

McCree is so OP now... I went from hating him and him being practically unplayable (imo), to getting 35 elims the first QP game I played post-patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Any indication of when the patch/update comes to consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

McCree is so OP now... I went from hating him and him being practically unplayable (imo), to getting 35 elims the first QP game I played post-patch.

What changed regarding McCree?

His damage drop off was reduced, so he's much more effective at range.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cormac... wrote: »
    Any indication of when the patch/update comes to consoles?

Before Friday I'd say. Last update was rolled out on consoles on the Friday after it was released on PC and Blizzard have sad they want to reduce the time between releases further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Avacad0

Winston is always great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

As Links says, damage drop off was drastically changed. He has the same full damage range as Soldier76 now, which essentially makes him a sniper. 2 headshot kills on almost every hero, 3 on tanks IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Found out the hard way last night that Hanzo's Ult can be delfected by Genji! Was not a happy camper. Didn't think it was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you're not playing competitive, this game is a laugh to play after some beers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

madcabbage wrote: »
    Found out the hard way last night that Hanzo's Ult can be delfected by Genji! Was not a happy camper. Didn't think it was possible.
    Possible as long as it's still in arrow form as it's a projectile; once it goes to dragons it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

madcabbage wrote: »

I thought I did it by accident once. Was wondering if it changes it so it hurts the enemy team or does it just change the direction of it but it still only hurts your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Penn wrote: »
    I thought I did it by accident once. Was wondering if it changes it so it hurts the enemy team or does it just change the direction of it but it still only hurts your team?

It'll hurt the enemy team and change direction, you should see the colour as blue rather than red too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's the best counter for Genji? Bastard is slaughtering me in nearly every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

J. Marston wrote: »
    What's the best counter for Genji? Bastard is slaughtering in nearly every game.

Mei for sure

She can slow him and he cant deflect her frost spray thingamajig. You can also use her ice wall to make it harder for him to use Swift Strike to escape

Just don't fling your bizzard ult at him coz if he deflects it back, it will freeze you and your team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I don't think he can deflect Symmetra's beam either, but obviously he can just killer her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement