Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd be seriously concerned about people that couldn't handle those turrets.

They're called "console plebs" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It would appear so. It's just so strange, I haven't heard much of a call to nerf her at all. She's very tricky to get the hang of.

Noticed it a lot today anyway, people have much more time to turn and take them out and be on their merry way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No console players have been complaining about Symmetra, only Torbjorn's bullshít, and he's extinct now :).

I gave him a go for a few matches to see. It can't finish off players getting close to attack it. So the turret dies A LOT.

I gave him a go for a few matches to see. It can't finish off players getting close to attack it. So the turret dies A LOT.

Torby has a really strong gun (with an amazing alt-fire shotgun).
    Either go on the offensive and then draw them into its firing range, or set yourself up for a pincer movement.

• Advertisement

That's right.

Hanzo's hitboxes are the biggest crock of shít.

I always felt that was to compensate for the arc of the arrow.

The D.Va buff is brilliant. Finally, she's a proper tank, as well as a flanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

J. Marston wrote: »
    The D.Va buff is brilliant. Finally, she's a proper tank, as well as a flanker.

The drop in her ultimate by a second is very welcome as well, getting a lot more kills now, now if they only would raise Tracer's ammo by 10 I would be very happy.

• Advertisement

They were defending the point in sudden death. I used D.Va's ult at the same time Reinhardt's ult by pure chance. PotG team kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

As a player who's been playing a lot of reinhardt of the last few weeks, getting Ana's ult is glorious.

Xenji wrote: »
    The drop in her ultimate by a second is very welcome as well, getting a lot more kills now, now if they only would raise Tracer's ammo by 10 I would be very happy.

Yep, her ult has gone from "Let's stroll behind this pillar." to...

tumblr_ndiaaoZShw1qg53kdo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

tok9 wrote: »
    As a player who's been playing a lot of reinhardt of the last few weeks, getting Ana's ult is glorious.

Yeah i love seeing a bright blue Reinhardt charging forward , hammer swinging all over the place.

Very hard to stop.

Got 2 POTGs in a row yesterday.

1 of em as D.Va

The buff is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Did that symetra nerf hit Pc's.

That is a laughable nerf. I find her an absolutely atrocious champion that I absolutely destroy, her sensors included. Sad state of affairs on consoles if that was causing problems :D

TheDoc wrote: »
    Did that symetra nerf hit Pc's.

That is a laughable nerf. I find her an absolutely atrocious champion that I absolutely destroy, her sensors included. Sad state of affairs on consoles if that was causing problems :D

As pretty much everyone was has been saying - it wasn't an issue on consoles.

No idea what their reasoning is.

Making her much less appealing to play plus limiting it to one character per squad AND nerfing Torbjorn has made me branch out a bit and start playing Reaper on defence so I guess that's something. I'm really enjoying playing him.

I've actually been back using her a lot in quick play and I'm generally dominating with her. Haven't noticed any real nerf.

It's only on console though, right?

• Advertisement

I've no idea to be honest. I don't remember hearing anything about it on PC but then again I didn't for console either.

Yea it's only console. I feel it's noticeable. People can have a good gander around for them while being burned by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

She'd be in my top 8 (or so?) Heros between Comp & Quickplay it's definately noticeable (I play on PS4).

Now you need to stack about 4 or 5 turrets for them to do any noticeable damage which means a few quick shots and your turret population is decimated.

I've taken to just dotting all 6 of them around 6 different doors so that they act as watchpoints/triggers and you can see where the enemies coming from and it's slows them down slightly.

It's a shame because using her on Dorado and Route 66 especially were a tough challenge I enjoyed a lot. It's a huge risk to play her on those maps now, where the turrets need to be stronger.

It's a shame because using her on Dorado and Route 66 especially were a tough challenge I enjoyed a lot. It's a huge risk to play her on those maps now, where the turrets need to be stronger.

Just create 1 garbage microwave room and forget about it until your Teleporter is either used 6 times or destroyed. Then change character. She's far more useful on Hybrid maps than she is on Payload I think. Cause you can end up putting the Teleporter in a dodgy spot once they get some momentum on the Payload

I had perfected great plays with her on the Payload maps. It was tough. I never stuck the turrets in a cluster, but rather found successful places to leave them that were tricky to deal with and had my go-to places for the teleporter that were rarely found but close by.

Ah well. I still use her on A/B objective maps but using her on offence which I did sometimes is definitely off the table.

I had perfected great plays with her on the Payload maps. It was tough. I never stuck the turrets in a cluster, but rather found successful places to leave them that were tricky to deal with and had my go-to places for the teleporter that were rarely found but close by.

Ah well. I still use her on A/B objective maps but using her on offence which I did sometimes is definitely off the table.

Yeah, you'd want a very capable team surrounding you to use her on offence now. Shame, i used to enjoy the occasional attack run, sneak a few turrets onto the payload, get a teleporter behind the back line - good fun.

WTF is with people leaving competitive (right when you swap to defense) when you have successfully secured Objective A but not B on Control? :confused:

Are they actually so thick that the actually assume the other team will deffo cap both points?

Happened like 3 times yesterday. I mean it's soooooo dumb,

EDIT: semi-related Humble Brag about 5v6 success inbound: we capped A on Temple of Anubis once with a team of 5 having kept the other Team off A completely (when were defending previously) so we won the match.

I don't believe it's disconnects as they ALWAYS leave right in the 30 or so seconds you're compiling your team to Attack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    WTF is with people leaving competitive (right when you swap to deafens) on Attack when you secure Objective A but not B on Control? :confused:

Are they actually so thick that the actually assume the other team will deffo cap both points?

Happened like 3 times yesterday. I mean it's soooooo dumb, we capped A on Temple of Anubis once with a team of 5 having kept the other Team off A completely defending so we won the match.

I don't believe it's disconnects as they ALWAYS leave right in the 30 or so seconds you're compelling your team

Aren't there penalties in place in competitive to attempt to counteract this?

• Advertisement

Pretty dumb to leave on point B on Anubus anyway. Probably the easiest point in the game to defend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement