Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If your not careful, you may end up like this:
    7641f6a7816c2df35f81826d3488de14.jpg

I do not accept that... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Had a game lastnight where 4 people left. Talk about AIDS teammates.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Been practicing a bit with D-Va & McCree the last few evenings. D-Va is much improved since the update. Just wish she had some sort of secondary fire such as a rocket or concussion blast.

Still not a fan of McCree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does D.Va's charge actually do damage or does it just knock people backwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does D.Va's charge actually do damage or does it just knock people backwards?

25 damage dude

• Advertisement

I went into casual and completely trolled as Symmetra. Uesless teleporter positions culminating into a teleporter straight off the edge. Its a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I went into casual and completely trolled as Symmetra. Uesless teleporter positions culminating into a teleporter straight off the edge. Its a lot of fun.

Why?

Sick of KOTH maps, don't even play them anymore. Whoever has the better Lucio wins, boring.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Completely fed up of playing when nobody else will support.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Aren't you just great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Having great craic as Ana. Struck up a good partnership with a really good Genji player last night, we were matched for 2 or 3 games and we got quite good at coordinating our ultimates so he could wreak havoc.

I think Ana is the most satisfying support character to play, I know Lucio is useful but his abilities are so passive I have no fun playing him. Love cockblocking ultimates with the sleeper dart as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Having great craic as Ana. Struck up a good partnership with a really good Genji player last night, we were matched for 2 or 3 games and we got quite good at coordinating our ultimates so he could wreak havoc.

I think Ana is the most satisfying support character to play, I know Lucio is useful but his abilities are so passive I have no fun playing him. Love cockblocking ultimates with the sleeper dart as well.

I tried her a bit this morning just during a skirmish. Fire rate seems fairly slow but I think they're increasing it in an upcoming buff (for console anyway, may have already happened on PC). Sleep dart seems to take a while to fire too, seems easy enough to miss. Might practice with her a bit more though just to get used to her.

Also gave Zenyatta another crack. Had a bit more fun than previous times I've played as him.

Why?

I just had to try it once after hearing about it so much on here. Highly recommend for a giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I just had to try it once after hearing about it so much on here. Highly recommend for a giggle.

Something like that would be a laugh in a custom game, but doing it in quick play with a bunch of randoms, is just pi$$ poor

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Penn wrote: »
    I tried her a bit this morning just during a skirmish. Fire rate seems fairly slow but I think they're increasing it in an upcoming buff (for console anyway, may have already happened on PC). Sleep dart seems to take a while to fire too, seems easy enough to miss. Might practice with her a bit more though just to get used to her.

Also gave Zenyatta another crack. Had a bit more fun than previous times I've played as him.

I enjoy playing as her but she's not great as a healer and does crap damage on enemies, bit of a jack of all trades master of none at the moment Imo so I'm glad to hear she's getting a buff. Her ult' is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Whenever I get her ult in the back I feel a lot of pressure to do well. Cause she's probably watching :)

Winston is the man/ape. The fact that he makes Genji useless is one thing but he completely nullifies Hanzo and Widowmaker too, and he panics Lucio.

I find Reaper the best to deal with Hanzo. I feel like there was been a drop in Hanzos on PS4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Penn wrote: »

Honestly she's overdue for a nerf now instead; her healing output (HPS) is TWICE that of Mercy (yes, you read that right) while having a ton of utility compared to Mercy for both DPS and escaping / dealing with ulties.

Ranking system is weird. I was paired with a friend who had no rank so the placements were quite easy. Won around 7 games in a row, most of them were very short. I ranked up like normal after each win (seemed that way). I'm up to 61 now. Definitely don't deserve it.

• Advertisement

Other people's placement games are mad easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just completed my 10 ranking games and ranked level 53.

Happy enough with that but a bit pissed off that one of my three losses came about because the five others on my team dropped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Thoughts: It's team fortress 2.5. Nicely made, well balanced and enjoyable. It's the brightest game ever made and I actually had to turn the brightness down (first time ever in a game) to stop my retinas from getting scorched. Not sure on the long term appeal but so far the mix of characters is keeping me entertained.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Thoughts: It's team fortress 2.5. Nicely made, well balanced and enjoyable. It's the brightest game ever made and I actually had to turn the brightness down (first time ever in a game) to stop my retinas from getting scorched. Not sure on the long term appeal but so far the mix of characters is keeping me entertained.
    I have 2.500 hours in TF2 (a few hundred of those relating to camping hats/achievement servers) so if it keeps me as entertained as TF2 I'll be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Nody wrote: »
    so if it keeps me as entertained as TF2 I'll be happy :)
    Me too. It's like Team fortress with a new hat, except there are no hats, unlike team fortress which has hats. Blizzard take note, hats.

J. Marston wrote: »

Ugh i was just gonna make a post about the lack of new skins and this is what were getting? :confused:

I thought they would be all over pumping out new skins frequently to boost crate sales. :(

They're just done giving us a new playable carachter, I'm happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd rather get new maps/gameplay modes

• Advertisement

I'm not arguing with those points lads, but im accumulating coins and nothing im interested in spending it on. I though they would follow suit with other games and pump out the new skins frequently. New characters/maps/modes would obviously take alot longer for them to work on considering balance. But skins are just fluff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement