Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Grayditch wrote: »
    As has been said, 90% of Hanzos on console are brutal. Get 2 Ults out during a match killing maybe 2 each time and thats a solid performance in their book. You don't see that many as when the game was first out. They're all retired.

I'll only ever choose Hanzo during a Quick Play, when I'm bored and want to TRY and learn a new character. Would never contemplate picking him during a comp play, as that's just asking for trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

There was a lot of weird **** going on last night. In one game I had one person on my team and one on the enemy team disconnect at the same time, and at the exact same moment - every player that was in a pre-made all went afk, but were still connected.

Seems like it was all to do with the DDoS and unreliable connections to the blizz servers causing timeouts etc.

This was before the DDoS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's a whole lot of "Moooooom!!! Did you see that Mid Air Headshot?!!"

It was pretty sweet though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On my worst losing streak ever in this. Feels like I've lost about 20 games in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

J. Marston wrote: »
    On my worst losing streak ever in this. Feels like I've lost about 20 games in a row.

Go into quick play and pick Mercy. It usually helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I lost 7 in a row. I wasn't the best player on the team much, but I was never the worst. Finally started being put on some decent teams and back on another streak. I don't get too mad as I'm playing with randomers a lot, so on my own head be it, but it's good to catch a break after being on some truly dreadful teams for the whole day.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Go into quick play and pick Mercy. It usually helps :)

The losing streak is in quick play :(.

Ranked just doesn't appeal to me. Did my placement matches and got rank 50, lost a few and went down to 47, won a few more and got back up to 50. The prizes are kind of unreachable and it felt like 75% of the matches had a leaver so the defeats were crushing and the wins unsatisfactory.

Might go back to Mercy though. I had loads of time played as her at the beginning but stopped because I wanted to try other heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

J. Marston wrote: »
    The losing streak is in quick play :(.

Ranked just doesn't appeal to me. Did my placement matches and got rank 50, lost a few and went down to 47, won a few more and got back up to 50. The prizes are kind of unreachable and it felt like 75% of the matches had a leaver so the defeats were crushing and the wins unsatisfactory.

Might go back to Mercy though. I had loads of time played as her at the beginning but stopped because I wanted to try other heroes.

Yeah, I often joke with the group we have on PS4 that it's pretty much....

1: Pick Mercy
    2: Follow Tanks
    3: Win

:pac:

Generally you don't see other groups of randoms with a Mercy and the amour of Health you can generate for tanks along with Revives usually means that you're pushing the enemy and giving your Assault/Defense guys time to get back in the fray. Thats my experience with her anyway, now you could end up following some bad tanks, but sure give it a bash

I hope they buff Mei's ultimate, it's awful. It needs a far wider range and almost instant freezing if you're caught in it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As someone who plays a lot of Mei, I strongly disagree, it's a lethal Ult when it catches the unawares and allows the better players to escape which is, I think, the very definition of balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah its free kills for anybody caught in the radius, it always seems to last forever :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I like to put up Meis wall first as it means you don't have to aim her Ult.
    Plus the other team is usually too busy trying to break down the wall to realise what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Her other vids are pretty funny too....basically her just failing all over the place :P :D:D

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Her other vids are pretty funny too....basically her just failing all over the place :P :D:D

Poor girl really is a Reinhardt Magnet. Fair play to her for posting them though.

The first vid, is, however, one of the funniest gaming fail/stoopid thing I've ever seen. Absolutely priceless and well worth the admission fee alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That was funny. I actually love that corner for the couple of seconds Pharah needs to cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The same red Rhein every time, is it the same group of people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

nix wrote: »
    The same red Rhein every time, is it the same group of people?

Must be friends of some kind, same Reinhardt (Bokyem)

Lucioball with different characters? Yup

MeiBall

Torbjorn + Winston

Reaper

I would like to know how to recreate this glitch... so I can inform blizzard...

I would like to know how to recreate this glitch... so I can inform blizzard...

On PC, as the game is loading, repeatedly press H, which should momentarily bring up character select screen, and the game will then assign you a character.

It can be done on console, not sure how though. I assume by pressing the relevant controller button to bring up char screen. (Square on the 4 and X on the 1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

MeiBall

This was so frustrating to watch. You can build walls! Block the goal! How could you possibly be losing?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    This was so frustrating to watch. You can build walls! Block the goal! How could you possibly be losing?

More interested in slowing them down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anybody keeping up with this Sombra ARG stuff? Developers have dropped a load of hints and really convoluted clues into a character called Sombra, current theory is that she's going to be a stealth character released later this month, and that she potentially likes to hang out on goalposts watching Lucioball.

Ugh, stealth character.

You just know one of her abilities will be damage boost when exiting invisibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭yesJME

It seems like a decent game, might get it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just played a whole game of lucioball as widowmaker on ps4. No idea how.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just got the skin I wanted from the summergames; Tracer's UK outfit :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I got McCree's American skin, it's gaudy as all heck, couldn't help playing McCree half the evening. :D

Had some great fun tonight, lots of nice players and haven't really run into much assholes, which is a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I got to play with a Mcree and Reinhardt that actually cared if my Mercy died which was nice.

Reinhardt came off the attack and shielded me from a Hanzo that was bullying me and the Mcree killed him.
    That Mcree spent some time getting damage boosted kills when I wasn't busy healing and I rezzed the Rein when he got downed.

Teamwork hurray!

• Advertisement

Can only seem to win if I'm Lucio. I wanna kill some people, not bounce around a payload!

Also, I really want that Mercy skin. Damn you, Blizzard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement