Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can only seem to win if I'm Lucio. I wanna kill some people, not bounce around a payload!

Also, I really want that Mercy skin. Damn you, Blizzard.
    I play as Lucio sometimes, he's good fun.

Which skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Whenever Reaper says "Repositioning", I say "More like Reaper-sitioning, am I right?" in my head.

Like... every time. It has to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I play as Lucio sometimes, he's good fun.

Which skin?
    The red summer games one.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Whenever Reaper says "Repositioning", I say "More like Reaper-sitioning, am I right?" in my head.

I love how it's supposed to be a stealth move yet he shouts "FROM THE SHADOWS!" or "DEATH COMES!" after doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Got Zarya's new skin which i quite like, thought i think they should have left her pink short hair as is...

Never really played her as I found her a bit tricky but had my first good game last night, managed to get the Power Overwhelming achievement and felt like i was getting to grips with using the two shields effectively.

Love this game. I've Rainbow Six: Siege and a few others i've bought recently that i actively want to play, it's just hard to tear away from OW.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got Zarya's new skin which i quite like, thought i think they should have left her pink short hair as is...

Never really played her as I found her a bit tricky but had my first good game last night, managed to get the Power Overwhelming achievement and felt like i was getting to grips with using the two shields effectively.

Love this game. I've Rainbow Six: Siege and a few others i've bought recently that i actively want to play, it's just hard to tear away from OW.

I should be on tonight for a few games if your around.

• Advertisement

I giggle whenever someone runs over junkrats trap and TRIGGERED pops up. Ha take that SJW's!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I giggle whenever someone runs over junkrats trap and TRIGGERED pops up. Ha take that SJW's!

I really like playing Junkrat, especially when you can get up high and shoot down on the point/payload.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Speaking of Junkrat, I finally got his achievement for using the mine to blow someone on to your trap. Completely by fluke of course. There was a Genji who kept coming for me and would die every time. Like even the two or three times he managed to kill me he would get blown up by the grenades that drop when Junkrat dies. I was PMSL. :D

I used to play Junkrat at a distance, but being paired with people who dont stop Payloads, you start to get used to playing right in the heart of the action, so now I play him super aggressively and it really works for me, even if I die quote a bit. Hes extremely versatile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I actually never particularly liked him at a distance. You lose out on the ability to use his concussion mine as a shotgun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I used to play Junkrat at a distance, but being paired with people who dont stop Payloads, you start to get used to playing right in the heart of the action, so now I play him super aggressively and it really works for me, even if I die quote a bit. Hes extremely versatile.

Yeah I don't think there's much issue in playing him in the mix of the action. Easier to get direct hits with his bombs, throw down a mine or trap closely and quickly, and if you die, better chance of your grenades doing some damage.

Only real issue is using his Ult close up, you either have to retreat and send it in or wait til you die and send it in when you're near the objective.

Yep. It's amazing for getting a tank away from you, or clearing a payload area, even slightly. Half the time I use it to reach ledges, it's one of the most useful things in Overwatch. Love it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've noticed that people seem to finally understand that you can shoot out Junkrat's Ult as it's rolling towards you and that I'm seeing a lot fewer kills with it as a result :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've noticed that people seem to finally understand that you can shoot out Junkrat's Ult as it's rolling towards you and that I'm seeing a lot fewer kills with it as a result :D

Yeah, only 100hp too so doesn't take much to go down. Definitely forces you to be a bit more creative in where you try and drop it in from, like climbing up a wall with it before dropping it down on them, or trying to come in behind people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Been playing McCree a bit more lately, I'm nowhere near as good as some folks. I'm constantly ganked by people playing as him, but when I play him, I'm just... I dunno. Having a lot of fun with him though.

Love the I'm Your Huckleberry line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Someone did a thing and I'm reposting it. Your welcome Totz

JYpBQE9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah that's become much more prevalent now. Best thing to do is to either get up high and drop it down or get behind the other team and you can annihilate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sorry Cormac, that D.Va is pretty good, but this is by far the best Cosplay I've ever seen, EVVAR.

LGlT83e.jpg

Sorry Cormac, that D.Va is pretty good, but this is by far the best Cosplay I've ever seen, EVVAR.

Agreed. Spitting image of Zarya.

Agreed, it's FAR too inaccurate. Found the below, really hard to tell which is which when side-by-sided with the actual game

z73gfwX.jpg

• Advertisement

That low cost cosplays guy is hilarious, more of his work here: https://www.facebook.com/Lowcostcosplay

I think this one might be slightly closer to the real thing.

4Y0JODs.jpg

Finally got into MasterOverwatch.

Sweet delicious data

That low cost cosplays guy is hilarious, more of his work here: https://www.facebook.com/Lowcostcosplay

Agreed
    13920725_1731858180396237_6252638940820448263_n.jpg?oh=0690b7335b63ce15a17832316f80f096&oe=585D6AD0

And so begins my long grind to get good with Genji on console. Have tried switching jump to L3 but it's too tempremental so I might switch it with Deflect ability.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Same is true for Hanzo; you need to get them through a wall or similar most times to get more than one; people have even started to cop o to D'Va thees days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

4 summer loot boxes and its been 3 standard items and 1 blue in each one. Some people are saying the drop rates are better, mine have been worse by a long way

I got a gold (Tracer's UK team outfit) and purple money as well as 2 blue sprays in a Summer bosca, happy days :) Lucioball is a lot of fun (he says as a really rubbish Rocket League player).

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748074764#post-1

Season one is ending soon. I got to 64 which gets me 200CP. I remember that day I was super close to 65 which gets you 300. I doubt I'll be getting there before the end of season.

Still happy enough. Just have to decide who gets the golden gun. Pew pew :)

• Advertisement

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748074764#post-1

Season one is ending soon. I got to 64 which gets me 200CP. I remember that day I was super close to 65 which gets you 300. I doubt I'll be getting there before the end of season.

Still happy enough. Just have to decide who gets the golden gun. Pew pew :)

Finished my last few placement matches last night and got rank 54. Happy enough with that. 80 CP'S coming my way

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement