Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah sure you'll probably improve on that before the season is out, but that's grand either way. I placed 48th on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I've got some pro tips to share with you all from my recent play:

Elite pro D.Va kill technique #1: invoke such terror that they'll take any means of escape even the sweet release of death

Elite pro D.Va kill technique #2: trick the enemy into thinking you are, say, Mei, or Roadhog, and don't have booster jets

Attacking point A on Anubis on competitive play - this is one of the most intense games I've had, but luckily I was queued with a really good team. See how we clutch the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Been playing this a bit more over the past few days after giving it a break shorty after launch.

Two observations :

1. There are **** all people playing on Xbox One. It takes anything up to 4 or 5 minutes to find a game. I only got it on this format because my idiot friends all got Xboxs this gen for some ungodly reason.

2. People still don't know how to play. On attack, guys with stars beside their names standing outside capture points shooting in at the defenders or running away from the payload to chase people or snipe. On defense, no tanks, builders or healers just all DPS and simply ignoring the objective to get dat killstreakz number up.

I'm level 26 and I get 2 or 3 gold medals per game and have gotten a full complement on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Been playing this a bit more over the past few days after giving it a break shorty after launch.

Two observations :

1. There are **** all people playing on Xbox One. It takes anything up to 4 or 5 minutes to find a game. I only got it on this format because my idiot friends all got Xboxs this gen for some ungodly reason.

2. People still don't know how to play. On attack, guys with stars beside their names standing outside capture points shooting in at the defenders or running away from the payload to chase people or snipe. On defense, no tanks, builders or healers just all DPS and simply ignoring the objective to get dat killstreakz number up.

I'm level 26 and I get 2 or 3 gold medals per game and have gotten a full complement on numerous occasions.

I'm on Xbox and I think it only took that length once to find a game and that was in competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I just got to level 25 yesterday and played 5 ranked games and won them all... I think soldier 76 is the best I rarely get less than a 2:1 KD and always play the objective to drop health etc... Hopefully my rating will be good by time I finish the 10 matches...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I now have both of Zarya's Industrial and Cybergoth skins. :)

Defending is so much harder now with the buffs on attack heros and nerfs on defensive one, on console anyway. Probabay a lot more balanced to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Grayditch wrote: »
    Defending is so much harder now with the buffs on attack hero's and nerfs on defensive one, on console anyway.

Says a lot that nearly every team just picks attack heroes on defence now. Apart from Junkrat, the defence heroes seem very underpowered.

Mei is my go-to defence hero though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »

Mei is my go-to defence hero though.

Whenever I pick her I always come up against Tracers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Yeah, my go to used to be Torbjorn on defense but I don't seem to do as well with him at all now.

Mostly just use Lucio now if no one else is healing or I tank with Winston.

• Advertisement

I'm getting better at Lucio. I saw a guy play him like the floor was lava and the only way I could stop him was Junkrat's mine. Made me want to get that good with him.

THIS IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD EVAR AND DESERVES ALL CAPS! :pac:

Very NSFW

Seriously though, **** McCree. So many times I've been ganked by him. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

6 win streak in competitive followed by 4 loss streak very frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Silly D.VA tried to bomb my Winston today. I threw his shield down and leapt away, instead of getting a teamwipe she got electrocuted to death.
    Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I picked this up about a month back, played an hour or so and though it was decent, didn't drag me back in though 'til now. Decided to finally give it a proper go today and have had a lot of fun but is it just that I'm low level or are there really so few modes and maps? I've played Mercy, D-Va, Bastion a bit but mostly Ana so far, only up to lvl 10. Yup, fun, just not sure about longevity personally.

Genji's ultimate charge needs to be nerfed, heavily.

I dunno. It takes skill to use it well. I say let the good ones enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ah here, Dragons blade is not OP. It won't take down most people unless they've been softened or are Tracer/Mercy.
    Genji is most effective when he uses all attacks in a flurry, his normal attack alone isn't enough to drop anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Genji Ult + Ana Ult = Death

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Genji Ult + Ana Ult = Death

Pretty much unstoppable. Ana's boost can make a few people unstoppable though so that's not limited to just him.

But I'm not saying his ultimate needs to be nerfed. How frequently he gets it is the issue. Most games will have a Genji on each team and you're hearing...

"Ryūjin no ken o kure!/The dragon becomes me!" every minute or so.

And even if you do manage to kill him early during it, the charge only goes down to 80-90% so he gets to try it again in about 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Is that charge time not dictated by how a player is doing? Think you can't be too hard on Genji, while he can kick ass he still can die quite easily. Using dragonblade can get your ass kicked quite easily.

Ana once nano-boosted me by mistake while I was playing Mercy. I was a killing machine! :D

Is it my imagination or is genji tougher to kill when he used his ult?

Nope, hook him with Roadhog and he squishes instantly. The amount of ults I've shut down with a good hook is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hes likely to get more kills, his dash resets after each kill so yeah, hes hard to hit bouncing all around the place kill after kill :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Links234 wrote: »
    Nope, hook him with Roadhog and he squishes instantly. The amount of ults I've shut down with a good hook is unreal.
    Finds Anna's sleep dart more annoying though; sleep dart him and have him watch 5s of his ultie tick off for nothing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Nody wrote:
    Finds Anna's sleep dart more annoying though; sleep dart him and have him watch 5s of his ultie tick off for nothing

Sweet when it happens but can be tricky to coordinate - I've had it happen that I land the dart but someone else ends up landing damage on him and waking him up immediately.

Always reluctant to call 'don't shoot him' in case the dart misses, which it obviously does frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement

It's almost always a bang-average player pissing and moaning on the mic about the rest of the team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement