Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

And they're usually playing Tracer or Genji.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's almost always a bang-average player pissing and moaning on the mic about the rest of the team.

"Can x switch to y please, while I continue feeding kills as z"

"We need a healer...
    NO NOT ANA... Or Mercy"

Just say Lucio then...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

It is just impossible to get a win now ranking down every game.. From 58 to 53 and on like a 6-7 loss streak... Not fond of the ranking system in this at all especially with the amount of times it's just me pushing the objective .. Times like these I actually prefer quick play than competitive whereas in rocket league I would never go non competitive...

I get irrationally annoyed at people telling me to switch class, even if they are right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I get irrationally annoyed at people telling me to switch class, even if they are right

I don't mind people making recommendations etc but barking out orders on who to switch to while they themselves stick with a hero that clearly isn't working as part of the team comp... yeah, screw that noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I dunno what I'm doing when I play Competitive Solo but I have only come across maybe 6 people on headsets full stop.
    4 of those were white noise/static/fully fledged foreign conversations happening with others in the room/techno music
    The other lad was the angry German and the other was a Northern Irish guy I added to our group

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If someone asks me to switch and then I realise they're right, I'm happy to take it on board and I appreciate someone looking out for the team composition.

If someone tells me to switch, even if they're right, they can feck off. I'd rather take the loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I don't mind people making recommendations etc but barking out orders on who to switch to while they themselves stick with a hero that clearly isn't working as part of the team comp... yeah, screw that noise.

This was me last night, I was playing Symettra, doing really well defending on Hanamura and great teleporter uptime. I was dotting turrets around in the most awkward places and ended up being gold on kills. McCree kept banging on about how we need a healer, and Symettra is ****. I responded by saying, yes, we DO need a healer... MCCREE! They changed to Widowmaker at the end.

We went the entire round without a healer, and did shockingly well.

Then again it can be frustrating trying to tell people to switch when it's clear what they're doing isn't working. Had a match on Ilios when the entire enemy team went D.Va and folks were picking heroes like Pharah and the like, I kept trying to advise that they needed to pick someone else like Zarya or Mei, or anyone who's attacks aren't blocked by her Defense Matrix, or that if we stacked a few Zaryas we could easily melt through them. Nobody listened and we lost spectacularly, because of the sheer amount of Defense Matrix uptime, folks firing projectile weapons couldn't even hit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It is just impossible to get a win now ranking down every game.. From 58 to 53 and on like a 6-7 loss streak... Not fond of the ranking system in this at all especially with the amount of times it's just me pushing the objective .. Times like these I actually prefer quick play than competitive whereas in rocket league I would never go non competitive...

Yeah, I won my first 4 competitive in a row and got to level 58 from 54. Lost 3 and dropped back down to 54. Won 3 and I'm only back to 56.

The game punishes you more for losing than it rewards you for winning. Not sure if I like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Yeah, I won my first 4 competitive in a row and got to level 58 from 54. Lost 3 and dropped back down to 54. Won 3 and I'm only back to 56.

The game punishes you more for losing than it rewards you for winning. Not sure if I like that.

I'd say that will be one of the changes they make in season 2. So many people complaining about that specific discrepancy that it would be shocking if they didn't address it for S2.

Links234 wrote: »
    This was me last night, I was playing Symettra, doing really well defending on Hanamura and great teleporter uptime. I was dotting turrets around in the most awkward places and ended up being gold on kills. McCree kept banging on about how we need a healer, and Symettra is ****. I responded by saying, yes, we DO need a healer... MCCREE! They changed to Widowmaker at the end.

I got a laugh out of this :pac:

Symettra is a no-brainer pick on any Assault or Hybrid maps if you're on defence.

Guaranteed if yo went into his career profile it would have been 90%+ Attack Heros + Hanzo/Widowmaker/Junkrat and nothing else

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Cormac... wrote: »
    Guaranteed if yo went into his career profile it would have been 90%+ Attack Heros + Hanzo/Widowmaker/Junkrat and nothing else
    Have you been looking at my profile again? :pac:

Seriously though; does anyone have comfort pick heroes? Like for myself if I simply NEED to win a game I'll usually go Roadhog and more likely than not get three or four gold medals doing so because he simply works for me. That also makes it awkward trying to branch out though as you know you could do so much better on your "best" set of heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I find while playing competitive that two healers is nearly always a must especially on the coin toss. When defending one healer can be enough it just depends on what tanks/dmg you have.

The one thing I don't understand is the amount of people playing Heroes and not using them to cancel the hero they were built to counter. I had a Mcree on my team the other night who refused to take the opposing Pharah out of the air or even harry her. She was decimating us and all he had to do was stand back and take shots to even keep her harassed. But then again that's what happens in solo queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The more I play the more cancer solo queue is...

FYI the current pro meta is Lucio/Zenyatta/Zarya/Winston/Genji and either McCree/Tracer. Doesn't matter what map or gametype, or what side you're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

D.Va and Lucio are my comfort picks. I've got 60%+ win rates with both of them so they're usually a safe bet.

My win rate with D.Va was only 44% until she got buffed though.

Nody wrote: »
    Have you been looking at my profile again? :pac:

Seriously though; does anyone have comfort pick heroes? Like for myself if I simply NEED to win a game I'll usually go Roadhog and more likely than not get three or four gold medals doing so because he simply works for me. That also makes it awkward trying to branch out though as you know you could do so much better on your "best" set of heroes.

I've got tiers in my head. On tier one I have my best picks where I feel I'll always make a positive contribution:

D.Va, Junkrat, Solider 76, Mercy, Reaper, Roadhog.

Then characters that I'm pretty comfortable with and will use depending on the situation:

Pharah, Lucio, Reinhardt, Bastion, Mei, Winston.

Then lots in the middle that I'll play in Quick Play in an endeavour to improve.

Then the ones at the bottom that are oh no just no go away I'm never touching you:

Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Ana, Zarya

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've really gotten to like Soldier and can easily end up healing 2000+ during a competitive game.

I also like D.Va, Junkrat, Zenyatta and Lucio.

I've played a bit with Smytra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Cormac... wrote: »
    I got a laugh out of this :pac:

Symettra is a no-brainer pick on any Assault or Hybrid maps if you're on defence.

Probably. It just kinda boils my bacon that someone will badger someone else to change, when they're completely unwilling to do so themselves. I'm someone who plays tank or healer/support like 90% of the time, and sometimes it feels like if I step outside of that role then nobody else wants to to do it, everyone wants to be a damage dealer, and **** the team.

My most played characters are D.Va>Reinhardt>Zarya>Mercy>Roadhog>Symettra>Mei

If I want to have a lot of fun, it's usually Zarya :D

IZlSmDi.jpg-1467814879.gif

Probably. It just kinda boils my bacon that someone will badger someone else to change, when they're completely unwilling to do so themselves. I'm someone who plays tank or healer/support like 90% of the time, and sometimes it feels like if I step outside of that role then nobody else wants to to do it, everyone wants to be a damage dealer, and **** the team.

I wouldn't even mind this if the people in question were actually good at it, but so often it is the two people who have to be the absolute dregs of what your 6 man team has to offer who have insta-picked Reaper and Genji.

So you either end up with 4 damage dealers, or else the people who are actually good at those classes take one for the team and play tank/healer. Both of which are sh*te outcomes.

• Advertisement

Probably. It just kinda boils my bacon that someone will badger someone else to change, when they're completely unwilling to do so themselves.

Yup, been there.

Source: I am actually a walking cancer in comp. see the story of the 2nd Troburn :pac:
    I'm someone who plays tank or healer/support like 90% of the time, and sometimes it feels like if I step outside of that role then nobody else wants to to do it, everyone wants to be a damage dealer, and **** the team.

Oh I know that feeling all too well.

My mains are Winston, Roadhog (now, post patch, he's awesome), Rheinheart, Mercy, Symettra and Bastion (cancer confirmed)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The more I play the more cancer solo queue is...

FYI the current pro meta is Lucio/Zenyatta/Zarya/Winston/Genji and either McCree/Tracer. Doesn't matter what map or gametype, or what side you're on.

Can't wait to see "pros" get blown up for thinking there's a stale meta.

Saw a Widowmaker around in a Level 61 Competitive match on PS4 there. I completely forgot she existed. Literally nobody picks her in these games and she didn't make much of an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keep getting legendary skins of heroes that I barely play, so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Saw a Widowmaker around in a Level 61 Competitive match on PS4 there. I completely forgot she existed. Literally nobody picks her in these games and she didn't make much of an impact.

Because you're playing on PS4

Anybody know how to close/hide/disable the chat window in game? i just dont want to see it....ever

On PC i speak

Is she getting picked a lot at that level on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Depends on the map but yeah, some really sick widow players out there, im pretty good myself, usually get gold/silver on kills with her. Trick is to know when to swap from her, as at certain points on certain maps, she can kind of get gimped i feel. she owns all the way pon the likes of hanamura, dorado, 66 and the street map i forget the name of at the mo.

But temple of anubis for example, shes great until you capture A, but alot of cover from here on point B so i tend to swap to someone else, but the really good players would still be able to kill it with her..

EDIT:

Heres a recent vid of her potential:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jimquisition this week on Overwatch's Loot System

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

nix wrote: »
    Because you're playing on PS4

On PC i speak
    I she getting picked a lot at that level on PC?

That's not really true. Widowmaker isn't picked anywhere near as much as at launch due to how they nerfed her.

She could definitely do with some balancing.

• Advertisement

Yeah, even when I watch matches played on PC, I never see anyone picking her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement