Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Well alot of people just go with the usual set meta's for the "safe" wins which is why they wouldn't pick the likes of widow much, thats not to say one cant kick ass with her, and i do see people using her a fair amount in comp play from my experience.

But my comment was regarding to console in that i find it understandable that you dont see anybody using her on console as she requires snap shot accuracy, which one cant obtain consistently with a joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just had a really fun game of Lucioball that lasted over 5 minutes in Overtime before I finally got the deciding goal. Got really tense each time the ball went close to our net haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Defending is dead on consoles! Virtually every game in the last hour I had was decided by Sudden Death after 3/3, 4/4. I suppose it's good to have a different dynamic for a while, it was pretty easy to defend before. Some tweaking needed for balance, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

That game I had was scoreless for the entirety, got really lucky with my goal because their keeper missed a soundblast.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just had a game where I played like I was possessed! 2-0 down playing as Zarya, 14-13 kill/death count, getting my ass kicked so I changed to Tracer and went 48-3 over the next few rounds and we won 3-2. So satisfying!

Even got POTG...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A good Tracer is terrifying to fight against, her damage output is bloody insane!

I got a nice lil 4 man with Pharoh earlier, it was on Kings row, i saw DVA use this trick the other day and figured it would work well for Pharoh too and it did :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Got super lucky with loot boxes, got a lot of the sports ones, 2 for Tracer, 1 for Lucio and 1 for Zarya. I've now more unlocks with Zarya than any other character, even got both her Cybergoth and Industrial legendary skins, nice to get stuff for a character you play instead of junk for ones you never play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    A good Tracer is terrifying to fight against, her damage output is bloody insane!

I'd imagine it's hard to hit her on console.

Just lookin at the video and console Overwatch in general seems strange due to the lack of vertical movement on the reticle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nix wrote: »
    I got a nice lil 4 man with Pharoh earlier, it was on Kings row, i saw DVA use this trick the other day and figured it would work well for Pharoh too and it did :D

1572.gif

• Advertisement

You know, I'm seriously tired of getting **** for playing Symettra. I'm regularly topping kills and getting plays of the game with her, she's an absolute monster on defense and the portal can make a huge difference, yet I seem to get no end of grief for it. Had a game yesterday, and I just said **** it, I'm leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

She's one of the better characters if you know what you are doing.

I had a game this morning where a guy got POTG with her by just moving right and baiting people into her turrets to get 5 kills in a row while defending a capture point.

But, she doesn't have a big wiz bang, everyone-dies-at-once ult so people think she's crap.

Competitive is really starting to annoy me now. I've started to late in the season to get enough points for anything, I reckon and the ranking damage from loss is far outweighing the gain from winning so I'll be lucky to break 60 by next week. Plus I feel like I'm leveling up slower because I don't get the "consecutive game" bonus xp like in Quickplay. Should I just cut my losses and go back to Quickplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have very fond memories of her on console before she died.

Yeah, Symettra played well is amazing, I managed to take out a Zarya double combo by luring them into my microwave room at one point. Got quite a few kills on Anubis B by putting a couple in the little alcove behind the point, folks would often try to duck in there when trying to avoid damage, and get finished off. But yesterday, I got nothing but constant abuse the whole match, "Who ****ing picks Symettra?" "omg, lvl whatever and still a noob" and so forth and so forth. Normally I just have one jackass who picks McCree or Hanzo giving me crap, but this time it was the whole team. Ugh.

Oddly, I'm seeing more and more of Symmetra on PS4, even with the nerf.

I hate her with a passion. Can't play her and if I'm a flanker, I'll make it my mission to take her out and spawn kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

So got booted out of B'net earlier, logged back in and played a few games. Noticed that my hitscan weapons weren't as useful as normal and there were a bunch of american voices a few games in a row. Yup, you guessed it, got relogged to the US B'Net. Dunno why.

Gotta say they were a lot more vocal than in those 6 odd games then I'm used to. Ping wasn't too bad either, only about 145.

Had a lot of fun to be honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ugh, this game. Just came out of a competitive match where we got absolutely mauled in the first half as defence. 4 people had gone damage, so I went Rein and one other took Lucio.

In the second half I thought feck that and went damage myself on attack. Of course then we had five damage and one sniper. :confused:

Cue someone on my team crying "SOMEONE TAKE LUCIO FFS". So I says "Yeah, sure let someone else do it. God forbid you would do it yourself".

So he starts waxing lyrical about how he was our best damage player in the first half, to which I retorted "You are undoubtedly the best damage player in the world."

"Well better than YOU anyway," says he, followed up with "Show me the gold medals!"

I went on to get 4 gold medals.

We lost anyway. :mad:

I'm lucky that I like playing tank/support. I imagine it must be twenty times as frustrating if you prefer a different role, and you go change just because nobody else will.

Got this spray for Roadhog today as well:

latest?cb=20160611200140

I love it! :D

I don't mind playing tank or support, I even quite enjoy 3 of the tanks. I'm just sick of being practically required to do it every match. Also I'm probably most effective as Reaper, Soldier or Junkrat, so it can be frustrating when we're losing and I know I'm not playing as my best character while the person who is, isn't doing it well.

Can't have more fun than being a nano-boosted Reinhardt. Smashy smashy!

• Advertisement

I even quite enjoy 3 of the tanks.

I enjoy them all, except for Winston who I never really got to grips with.

Links234 wrote: »
    I enjoy them all, except for Winston who I never really got to grips with.

He's very situational, I usually jump on winston if the opposition is using alot of quick (genji, tracer) and/or sniper (hanzo, widow, mcree) characters. Stay away from other tanks, especially hog and dva and dont even attempt to go near reaper and Bastion would chomp him up also.

But yeah Roadhog would be my favourite tank to play, as i find he's the most fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Winston is great against Symmetra traps.
    As soon as her turrets turn on drop a shield and start firing, his gun tracks where they are much like against Tracer so you don't need accuracy at all.

My team was pretty together but Symmetra kept messing us up.
    After I chose Winston we breezed through.

Talented Genjis are a pain in the arse though.

Winston is a really fun way to ruin Pharah's day too. She jets away thinking she's given you the slip and then you just jump right up after her and give her a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

nix wrote: »
    Anybody know how to close/hide/disable the chat window in game? i just dont want to see it....ever

On PC i speak
    Push P in game and then click on the chat box under "channels" to put a line through it. I turn it off for every game and turn off the teamspeak line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Been having fun with this on PC for the past few weeks. I usually play healer in quick games as nobody else seems to do it. Mainly play Zenyetta and Ana.

Played with a friend for the first time at the weekend and he only plays Lucio, because he only plays with a controller. It's really nice going to a game and knowing there's a 90% chance you will be stuck with a role nobody else wants.

Winston is great against Symmetra traps.
    As soon as her turrets turn on drop a shield and start firing, his gun tracks where they are much like against Tracer so you don't need accuracy at all.

My team was pretty together but Symmetra kept messing us up.
    After I chose Winston we breezed through.

Talented Genjis are a pain in the arse though.

Wait, what? I rarely play Tracer

Wait, what? I rarely play Tracer

He's saying that Winston's weapon will track Tracer, not that Tracer's weapons will track people, if that's what the confusion is.

Push P in game and then click on the chat box under "channels" to put a line through it. I turn it off for every game and turn off the teamspeak line too.

OMG TY :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 SirJoker

No it won't. I was expecting that also. That it will be FTP but they asked a LOT of money for it so I'm not buying this. + the preferences for the PC are so god damn high... I tried that during the free week and I was "glad" I could start the game. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement