Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I am so sick of playing with and against Genji. Genuinely feels like 75% of games are using at least 2 on offence and defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Winston is an EXCELLENT Genji counter, I didn't realise just how bloody frustrating Genji is until I stopped playing Winston, then I was like "Ahhhh so this is why people hate him"

Cormac... wrote: »
    Winston is an EXCELLENT Genji counter, I didn't realise just how bloody frustrating Genji is until I stopped playing Winston, then I was like "Ahhhh so this is why people hate him"

Although sometimes he gets me from behind in a team fight. Is it just me or is the damage indicators not good enough in this game? I sometimes take damage and realise too late. I wonder can they be adjusted?

Also Winston should be a Genji counter but his mobility negates this. I think a good Genji is OP at present.

You zap him for a bit, he runs away out of range, you use your monkey jump to go where he is and you zap him some more and kill him, if you are getting hit, drop a shield in the meantime.

60% of the time, it works everytime

But that 40% of the time, he gets away every time :P

• Advertisement

Yeah, but at least against other players he's getting away 80% of the time.

That's doubling your Anti-Genji-Power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

nix wrote: »
    He's very situational, I usually jump on winston if the opposition is using alot of quick (genji, tracer) and/or sniper (hanzo, widow, mcree) characters. Stay away from other tanks, especially hog and dva and dont even attempt to go near reaper and Bastion would chomp him up also.

But yeah Roadhog would be my favourite tank to play, as i find he's the most fun.

He's just not a character I've been able to get to grips with at all, feels really underpowered. The other tanks, I'm really happy to play in any circumstances, Winston not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Links234 wrote: »
    He's just not a character I've been able to get to grips with at all, feels really underpowered. The other tanks, I'm really happy to play in any circumstances, Winston not so much.

I used to feel the same. Asked in this thread how to use him effectively. Followed advice. Turns out he's a killing machine when used right.

With Winston you need to be prepared to die a lot and do really thanktankless work. Just jumping behind a Rheinheart on the Payload and distracting guys while your team capitalise.

He's the least likely to go positive in Kill/Death Ratio (Not limitations vs Death, those are usually high due to his weapon)
    I used to feel the same. Asked in this thread how to use him effectively. Followed advice. Turns out he's a killing machine when used right.

Was it me who helped?

*Squeeeee image*

Was it me who helped?

*Squeeeee image*

No, you left me to rot. It was nix and Grayditch. :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No, you left me to rot. It was nix and Grayditch. :D:pac:

Sounds about right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Played with a friend for the first time at the weekend and he only plays Lucio, because he only plays with a controller. It's really nice going to a game and knowing there's a 90% chance you will be stuck with a role nobody else wants.

Slap the shít out of him XD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You zap him for a bit, he runs away out of range, you use your monkey jump to go where he is and you zap him some more and kill him, if you are getting hit, drop a shield in the meantime.

60% of the time, it works everytime
    You're out of luck while Winstons jump is on cool down though, he just spidermans up a wall and is gone.

I decided to try and get the hang of him, had one or two fun moments.
    I deflected a Mcrees High Noon at a Soldier 76 and killed him, also killed a Pharah with her own Missile Barrage.
    I just realised I don't know what most of the ults are called.

You're out of luck while Winstons jump is on cool down though, he just spidermans up a wall and is gone.

I decided to try and get the hang of him, had one or two fun moments.
    I deflected a Mcrees High Noon at a Soldier 76 and killed him, also killed a Pharah with her own Missile Barrage.

Deadeye and Barrage. You were close on the second one. ;)

Deadeye and Barrage. You were close on the second one. ;)
    That's all I need. :p

Genji - Dragonblade
    McCree - Deadeye
    Pharah - Barrage
    Reaper - Death blossom
    Soldier - Tactical Visor
    Tracer - Pulse bomb

Bastion - Configuration - Tank
    Hanzo - Dragonstrike
    Junkrat - Rip Tire
    Mei - Blizzard
    Torbjörn - Molten Core
    Widowmaker - Infra-sight

D.Va - Self-Destruct / Call Mech
    Reinhardt - Earth Shatter
    Roadhog - Whole hog
    Winston - Primal Rage
    Zarya - Graviton surge

Ana - Nano boost
    Lucio - Sound barrier
    Mercy - Ressurect
    Symmetra - Teleporter
    Zenyatta - Transcendence

Genji - THIS Is A Knife
    McCree - Headshot Party
    Pharah - Oh Jesus Hide!
    Reaper - Spinny Shooty
    Soldier - My Aimbot Will Kill You
    Tracer - Surprise Bomb

Bastion - Why Don't I Just Stay Like This
    Hanzo - Wallhack Attack
    Junkrat - Wheely Scary
    Mei - Frozen, The Game
    Torbjörn - I'm A Threat Now
    Widowmaker - X-Ray Goggles

D.Va - BOOM! / Call Mech
    Reinhardt - Hammer Time
    Roadhog - Clearing The Area For A Second
    Winston - Winston Smash!
    Zarya - Black Hole

Ana - I'm Going To Make Someone Twice As Annoying
    Lucio - Drop The Beat
    Mercy - You Thought You Won But You Didn't
    Symmetra - Teleporter
    Zenyatta - I'm Just Going To Float Here While Your Ultimate Does Nothing.
    I think mine are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Ana is so terrible and people keep using her in competitive because she's new :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Ana is so terrible and people keep using her in competitive because she's new :(

I think ana is probably the best healer in the game, unless your healer is cross eyed and cant land the heals consistently, then she would be crap yes. I also find alot of Ana's ignore the healing priority and just go for snipe kills, which is likely why you think she is crap, but someone who prioritises healing at the top, she can top her team up quicker than anybody. Try get a reinhardt from 20% to 100% quicker than an Ana on any support, no chance. Unless you're using a zeny ult.

And her utility is also excellent, blocking enemy healing, boosting healing, 5 second sleep (insane), stopping people from using their ult. The amount of roadhogs, death blossoms and deadshots ive blocked with the sleep dart is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think mine are better.

You didn't call Symettra's Teleporter anything else, for shame. So how about:

Symettra - Thinking With Portals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You didn't call Symettra's Teleporter anything else, for shame. So how about:

Symettra - Thinking With Portals

I'd like if her portal had the same mechanic as those in Portal, like they'd show you where the exit point is before you walk into it.

Everytime I use Symmetra's teleporter, there's a second or two of "Where am I?!" when I exit.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'd like if her portal had the same mechanic as those in Portal, like they'd show you where the exit point is before you walk into it.

Everytime I use Symmetra's teleporter, there's a second or two of "Where am I?!" when I exit.

It just means you have to come out shooting :D

I think mine are better.

Almost..
    Zenyatta - I'm Just Going To Float Here While Your Ultimate Does Nothing.

Not entirely true... The way Zen's ult works can actually be overcome by massive damage done in single blow (ie. not damage done over time). Such as Tracer's pulse bomb. So if you had Zarya pop her ult and get the entire enemy team in one spot, even if the enemy team use Zen's ult, it won't save them if you drop a pulse bomb into the group because it does 400 damage all at once. The only thing that can save them is Lucio's ult, because it boosts health over 400.

Ana is actually great if used properly. Best healing per second in the game. And her ult charges insanely fast. You can have it up in 25-30s. Mercy is useless in the current meta tbh, just a flying target with single person healing... Your supports should only either be Lucio/Zen or Lucio/Ana.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

YUSSSS... Finally got to do this

Not entirely true... The way Zen's ult works can actually be overcome by massive damage done in single blow (ie. not damage done over time). Such as Tracer's pulse bomb. So if you had Zarya pop her ult and get the entire enemy team in one spot, even if the enemy team use Zen's ult, it won't save them if you drop a pulse bomb into the group because it does 400 damage all at once. The only thing that can save them is Lucio's ult, because it boosts health over 400.
    I know it's possible but I've never seen it, have you?

Yeah, I've watched a few pro matches and it's happened quite a bit. Usually you can get off 2 pulse bombs to every zarya ult charge, so for the most case even when Zarya's ult gets used the Zen will pop their ult in the hopes that tracer doesn't have their ult ready, and to stop a team wipe.

Actually, I went and found an example of it happening during Creation vs Reunited in the recent Atlantic Showdown EU Qualifiers.

https://youtu.be/exlVWMpxVAY?list=PLaLh-FBwfXZtj7KNG4WaWwVFDBBN60e6z&t=3021

It's quite hard to track what's going on, especially because it's so fast paced at that level and also the overlays - but here's a few screengrabs to try make it easier to see. The blue tick means the player has their ult at 100%. Once it disappears, it means a player has used their Ult. If you follow the screenshots, in order - (Reunited) Zarya Ults, (Creation) Zen Ults, (Reunited) Tracer Ults -> Double kill. If you look closely enough you can see the Creation Zen in the back is also trapped in Zaryas Ult. So it does work!

http://imgur.com/a/P8hGh

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

My right arm for people who actually know what they are doing in Competitive....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Those overlays built into the game? Why was I not aware of this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement