Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Is everyone in competative these days?

Spent about 20 minutes in the game yesterday on general play, for about 4 minutes worth of gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I give you the worst POTG ever

I can only summarise it as "I HALP"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I give you the worst POTG ever

I can only summarise it as "I HALP"

You Halpted the mostest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I don't know about you, but bubbling someone about to be wiped out by a self-destruct is a pretty awesome play ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Genji should only have 150HP, like Tracer. They're both the same class, extremely mobile flankers (Genji has vertical mobility too). They both have damage-negating abilities (Recall/Deflect). Tracer's ultimate is powerful but hit and miss and every tank can survive it at full health. Genji's ultimate lasts for 8 seconds where he gets even faster and is more or less guaranteed to take out at least two people and a nano-boosted Dragonblade can team-wipe.

I am extremely salty towards that cyborg twat at the moment.

• Advertisement

I said last night "Genji should have his legs broken with the nerf-bat, and his wallet stolen for good measure" to much laughs :pac:

He's one character that I just rarely manage to counter, no matter who I play. I got super pleased when I was playing Reinhardt, and Genji ulted, and I charged him and squished him against a wall before he could kill anyone. Also manage to hook him with Roadhog sometimes, always puts a smile on my face. I do manage to melt Genji the few times when playing Zarya because I think a lot of people underestimate the range on her beam, and I can get him, especially funny when a Genji tries to reflect when I'm bearing down on him, and I'm like "Nope!" melts. But jesus, his ult is way too OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Another thing on the Tracer/Genji comparison. If Tracer messes up with her ultimate and misses her target, tough luck, back to 0%.

If Genji uses his ultimate and is killed right away, his charge will only drop to 70/80% and he can try again very quickly. It's nonsense.

• For anyone interested this get's you 50 cash in CEX for the PS4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    For anyone interested this get's you 50 cash in CEX for the PS4 version.

But... we're all still playing... just One MORE...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Get out...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

469.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Finally, only took me like 3 months!

When somebody leaves a competitive match and you decide to stay on, you shouldn't lose points if you lose. It just encourages the rest of the team to leave in my opinion.

I found a bug feature! Apparently combat roll reloads his gun

https://gfycat.com/IgnorantWellinformedGrayreefshark

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Benzino wrote: »
    When somebody leaves a competitive match and you decide to stay on, you shouldn't lose points if you lose. It just encourages the rest of the team to leave in my opinion.
    Blizzard specifically addressed that they did not implement it because it would encourage people to try to bully out a player if things where going bad to avoid the bullies from losing points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wonder why they don't allow people to join in a competitive match to make up numbers when someone leaves? Even let them join a mercenary waiting list. Give them double XP for it, or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I found a bug feature! Apparently combat roll reloads his gun

https://gfycat.com/IgnorantWellinformedGrayreefshark

Um, maybe you should read the descriptions of the moves in game :)

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Blizzard specifically addressed that they did not implement it because it would encourage people to try to bully out a player if things where going bad to avoid the bullies from losing points.

Hmm, that's interesting. Never would have thought of that.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wonder why they don't allow people to join in a competitive match to make up numbers when someone leaves? Even let them join a mercenary waiting list. Give them double XP for it, or something.

The double XP would be nice, but personally I'd be more annoyed dropping rank cause I joined a team getting hammered with only a few minutes left.

As much as I like opening loot boxes, XP is pretty irrelevant in this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Benzino wrote: »
    The double XP would be nice, but personally I'd be more annoyed dropping rank cause I joined a team getting hammered with only a few minutes left.

As much as I like opening loot boxes, XP is pretty irrelevant in this game.
    Give them triple the points if they win; in general they would lose but I'd say the chance to triple your points would bring enough people around to gamble they can make it happen (that would also help compensate for the fact they have not been around since the start and hence would have earned less points overall compared to the rest of the team). Another option would be to have the players drop in on a 10% lower than personal rank games (i.e. if you're normally at 60 you'd get into matches with 54s) to compensate for the worse chance to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finding some way to incentivise people joining to make up the numbers should be definitely looked into.

Yeah, double or triple the points if they win is not a bad idea actually, I would definitely hang around. But yeah, they need to do something.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Um, maybe you should read the descriptions of the moves in game :)

I probably did read it at some stage, just forgot entirely about it :D Oh well! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gurnik

As some of you may know, Overwatch is holding a World Cup event, where the best players from every country around the world are selected to represent their nation.

I was selected among another 30 or so players from Ireland and would be really grateful if the Irish Overwatch players could vote for me and any 3 others (A battlenet account with Overwatch is needed to vote)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Grayditch wrote: »

Yeah it would have to be an opt in thing,from other games I play join in progress in ranked play is usually horrible as you often end up joining lost causes and taking a rank hit through no fault of your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gurnik wrote: »
    As some of you may know, Overwatch is holding a World Cup event, where the best players from every country around the world are selected to represent their nation.

I was selected among another 30 or so players from Ireland and would be really grateful if the Irish Overwatch players could vote for me and any 3 others (A battlenet account with Overwatch is needed to vote)

I hate to come accross as a grumpy old git, but I'm going to.

If you ask for help from a community, you should be part of that community. Creating an account here just to beg is bad form and amounts to spam to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Competitive is really bugging me now.

Losing nearly an entire level with each loss and gaining maybe a third of a level for a win. I started out at 58 and i'm down to 47 despite the fact that my win/loss is fairly even (57W/56L).

Plus, people just don't know how to play the game still despite having one or two stars on their portrait. Picking Hanzo or Widowmaker on attack and sitting outside the capture point on the ground sniping badly whilst everyone else tries to move forward basically means your team is down a player by it keeps happening. Picking Lucio and running off on your own means his healing is useless. There's more but these are the two big ones that i keep encountering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement