Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Dan Bull did a song for Overwatch about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From Reddit, Genji's reflect hitbox is kinda big...

That is just ridiculous. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

J. Marston wrote: »
    From Reddit, Genji's reflect hitbox is kinda big...

The rush to be the first to pick him in every single game i've played recently is hilarious.

Problem is, most people are still crap with him despite how OP he is at the moment.

• Advertisement

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The rush to be the first to pick him in every single game i've played recently is hilarious.

Problem is, most people are still crap with him despite how OP he is at the moment.
    When I run into a Genji on the frontlines I wonder is it because that person is an idiot or are they so good with him that they can survive being there.
    So far I've only run into a few skilled Genji players and that was enough. The horror. :pac:

One of the problems with Genji is that you can combo his skills to burst down someone extremely fast, do a RMB attack, melee and then dash in quick succession, and it does a lot of damage. Folks are exploiting this with macros.

I'm not one to complain about a character being OP, but Genji is seriously broken and it sucks to play against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Put in about 10 hours this weekend just on Quick Play and have to agree that it's completely overrun with Genji's.

It doesn't bother me that there was one or two per team every single game, but when even below average players are managing to get 10+ kills and team wipes regularly with him i start to lose the plot. Cool downs, length of his ult and his dash need to be be looked at. It doesn't all need to be nerfed, but something needs to be done to balance the situation. In the right hands he's pretty much unstoppable.

That being said its forced me to learn how to play Roadhog which has actually been a lot of fun. Getting that hook accuracy up, fire/melee combo etc very satisfying.

If i could get the hang of McCree i feel like he'd be a good Genji Counter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I expect Genji to get a ulti duration reduction down to 5s and 10 to 20% longer charge rate; the rest of his abilities are to much "him" to be nerfed so to speak.
    If i could get the hang of McCree i feel like he'd be a good Genji Counter.
    Only way you'd win is if you get a lucky stun & fan combo off as he can reflect your shots, flank easier and his ranged is deadly enough due to your low health and he'd be choosing the engagements with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Roadhog/Zarya/Winston are all good genji counters.
    Nody wrote: »
    Only way you'd win is if you get a lucky stun & fan combo off as he can reflect your shots, flank easier and his ranged is deadly enough due to your low health and he'd be choosing the engagements with you.

That's not true. Most genji's aren't good enough and don't stay in cover, if you can actually aim you'll have no problem taking one down with McCree. Especially because they're constantly trying to flank, whereas you should be close to an AOE heal. Flashbang+fan the hammer combo is satisfying to land, but it's not necessary all the time. Reflect is easy enough to wait out unless you're an idiot who likes shooting yourself :pac:

Someone I was playing with got all 12 votes after the match...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Some of whats in store for season 2 from the developers.

I only have 5 more losses than wins in competitive and I've lost 15 levels from what I started on.

It's really well designed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

madcabbage wrote: »
    Some of whats in store for season 2 from the developers.
    Good stuff in there in regards to the new rating system (1 to 5000, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, Master, Grand Master, not possible to drop down from your highest bracket until Master), draws are now possible (no more coin flips!) and shorten the selection in the second game forward of characters.

So fúcking sick of Genji's ultimate. Saving Lucio and Zenyatta's ultimate isn't even a guarantee that you'll survive since ninja twat's ultimate is 2 seconds longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Actually had a ton of fun in quick play this evening. Some decent players on both teams who knew how to compose a team and stuck around for a few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why is there always one fcker who thinks he's MLG hanzo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I had a game with 3 :pac:

"Oh, we're on attack? Better pick Hanzo/Widowmaker/Torbjorn/Bastion! :pac:"

/gets less kills than either the healer or tank and sits outside of the point/payload for the entire round

lawlolawl wrote: »
    "Oh, we're on attack? Better pick Hanzo/Widowmaker/Torbjorn/Bastion! :pac:"

/gets less kills than either the healer or tank and sits outside of the point/payload for the entire round
    A Bastion shielded by Reinhart on the payload can be a deadly combination though; same with Widowmaker/Hanzo on King's Row if they know what they are doing can clear house.

Personally I like to start as Widowmaker on King's Row to help clear out the first point before switching to something more mobile once the final push is being done (or stay and snipe the Bastions sitting just outside cap from the top entrance).

I honestly don't know why anyone ever picks defense heroes... they're all useless.

I love playing Torbjorn while attacking on payload maps, especially if there's a good tank. In fact, playing Torb on a lot of maps people don't expect is great, especially if you setup a turret in sneaky out of the way places that they're not expecting. Also, armor's always a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I honestly don't know why anyone ever picks defense heroes... they're all useless.

Even Junkrat? Concussion Mine and his primary weapon are great on KOTH maps where accuracy isn't as important and his RIPtire is one of the best Ults in the game for the damage it can do. And a well placed/protected Bastion can shred through enemies fair handy.

Haven't played much of the others though.

Junkrat seems to be the only decent defence hero and that's because he can dish out damage like an attack hero.

Bastion needs protection to be useful and Reinhardt/Bastion has been found out a long time ago. Flankers can shred that pretty quickly.

I still like playing Mei though and apparently she's getting a buff soon. I've seen the idea of her being able to skate by freezing the ground in front of her in a lot of places and I'd love that. It would give her mobility to catch Genji whom she should be countering, and it might scare off some Tracers.

Highlights of my last competitive game:

-A Torbjorn who didn't build any turret. Ever.
    -A Mercy that followed my Lucio around healing me.
    -A 76 who activated his Ult in the spawn point twice

-Their team had a Pharah that stayed on the ground for the entire round.

All higher levels than me, including 2 with 2 stars on their portraits.

Penn wrote: »
    Even Junkrat? Concussion Mine and his primary weapon are great on KOTH maps where accuracy isn't as important and his RIPtire is one of the best Ults in the game for the damage it can do. And a well placed/protected Bastion can shred through enemies fair handy.

Haven't played much of the others though.

Maybe on console it's grand having them because it's harder to aim so DPS isn't the easier pick, but IMO if it's a team with a defense hero vs a team with the current meta of 2 DPS + 2 tank + 2 heal/support, the team with the defense hero is at a big disadvantage. (I'm basing this assumption on the people actually playing like they've been born with hands, unfortunately quite a few people I've come across literally play like they have none)

Junkrat is probably one of the easiest to counter. Any DPS that can aim will shred him in seconds. Tanks will destroy him easily. And his Ult is again probably the easiest in the game to counter because you can hear it a mile away and just shoot it. Or if you have a decent Zarya on your team, they'll either absorb it or shield you at the right time.

You're also completely immobile so have to hide somewhere else on the map to pop your ult.... which means you can't defend the objective. The amount of times I've seen overtime loses because a junkrat runs away from the point to pop his ult to kill people on the point, rather than hopping on to keep OT alive... the mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Junkrat's Ult is easy to kill, but that's provided the user is rolling it straight at you. If they use a bit of skill to climb a wall and drop it in or hold it at a corner, it's hard to dodge. And if he's behind cover and shooting in bombs through a door/window, it forces the enemy to leave the point and go out for Junkrat. A useful tactic.

Just saying, compared to the other defence heroes, I'd nearly be tempted to swap Junkrat and Tracer and have Tracer as defence due to how well she can hold a control point by dashing/rewinding. Never felt she or her Ult does great damage compared to the other Attack heroes either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement