Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Maybe it was mentioned already, but are the changes and new map etc going to drop just in time for Season 2 or beforehand in the pre-season?

I've seen mention of almost a month being mentioned on blizz forums, where whingers want them to change it to reverse hybrid after they explained it's just a normal hybrid.

So I'm assuming it will drop in the update for 6th Sept with season 2. I would imagine it should be on the PTR before that though.

General game tip people might not be aware of - If you press TAB (sorry console peasants) to bring up the team comp & "scoreboard" or whatever you want to call it, whenever a person on your team has their ultimate at 100% a blue tick will show beneath their character.

So for example - in this screenshot Mei has her ultimate. Also you can see Hanzo is dead (lol) and you can see a respawn indicator.

tumblr_inline_nyz2a2LXMj1qz5o9i_540.png

Being aware of your teammates ult status (without relying on them to ping it) is very handy to try play more as a team and use ult-combos. It's also handy for keeping track of your enemies ult status , to a certain extent. (WHAT IS THIS HAX YOU SPEAK OF?!)
    What I mean is - if your temp comp is similar on both teams, and a lot of ults get used at the same time, then when for example the Zarya on your team has their ult at 100% again, it's also likely that the enemy Zarya has or is close to having their ult also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you press TAB (sorry console peasants) to bring up the team comp & "scoreboard"

A ) We can simply press the PS touch pad to bring up that information in it's entirety
    B ) Cop on ta f**k with that sad "Console Peasant" sh!t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Challengemaster, please no more of the PC superiority please.

And Cormac, you can report posts, there's no need to respond to them like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Cormac... wrote: »
    A ) We can simply press the PS touch pad to bring up that information in it's entirety
    B ) Cop on ta f**k with that sad "Console Peasant" sh!t

Hah, beat me to it Cormac. It's the Back/Select button on Xbox but the functionality is the same.

I'm sure the "Console Peasants" comment was meant as good natured teasing between gaming enthusiasts. We are all one in the Iris.

Peace and blessings be on you all.

And discord orbs aplenty until the nerf hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got thrown into a game with two minutes left, other team had three Reinhardts. Time for Bastion to sneak behind enemy lines...

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20243886

There's some very, very welcome changes here in terms of hero balance.

Links234 wrote: »

There's some very, very welcome changes here in terms of hero balance.
    Double jump no longer resets when wall climbing

Dash
    No longer deals damage to traps like Widowmaker's Venom Mine or Junkrat's Steel Trap

No longer bypasses Junkrat's Steel Trap

Swift Strike
    No longer interrupts quick melee attacks

Dragonblade
    Duration of Genji's ultimate has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds

Developer Comments: Genji was a little too difficult to pin down, and these changes will balance his speed. Swift Strike no longer cancels the recovery time from a quick melee attack, so players will no longer be able to get a free melee attack before using Swift Strike. Lastly, Dragonblade's duration was long enough that it often felt too difficult to reasonably counter.

Die, die, die you cyborg shíte!
    Blizzard radius has been increased from 8 meters to 10 meters

Much needed but I still wish enemies would freeze faster when caught in it.
    Watchpoint: Gibraltar’s first checkpoint has been removed

Aww, oh well. It was kind of a freebie anyway.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Die, die, die you cyborg shíte!

He's not actually going to die, and tbh I'm rather glad Blizz didn't over nerf him. The calls for nerfs can get a bit out of hand, and if you see people on the Blizz forums calling for just about everyone to be nerfed, it's ridiculous. Genji's problem was that he was easily exploited, his RMB/Melee/Dash combo was something that was quite obviously broken. I'm seriously happy his ult has been reduced in duration though, it was terrible.

Links234 wrote: »
    He's not actually going to die, and tbh I'm rather glad Blizz didn't over nerf him. The calls for nerfs can get a bit out of hand, and if you see people on the Blizz forums calling for just about everyone to be nerfed, it's ridiculous. Genji's problem was that he was easily exploited, his RMB/Melee/Dash combo was something that was quite obviously broken. I'm seriously happy his ult has been reduced in duration though, it was terrible.

Oh I know but he should be more manageable now. But if you look on the Overwatch subreddit right now, you'd think he's been decimated.

Some thread titles...
    Congratulations. You got what you wanted, a useless hero.

Petition to revert Genji PTR changes

I think Genji needed a nerf, but maybe not this much.

The nerf on Genji's combo is wrong

The nerf of Genji is bull****

Genji nerf is going way too far

I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I knew discord was in for a nerf, spammable 50% was just too much, though i think giving it a cooldown would have been better choice. But then they would have to change his achievement also i guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everyone is hell bent on leaving games early tonight, so that's all from me this season. Level 64, I'm happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

64 is pretty high tbf

Cormac... wrote: »
    64 is pretty high tbf

Yeah, but they'll say "Console, though" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got thrown into a game with two minutes left, other team had three Reinhardts. Time for Bastion to sneak behind enemy lines...

That was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Mercy buffs very welcome. I love playing her but she felt "slow" to heal at times.

Season 1 ended and no more competitive for now? You mean I have play symmetra on attack in quickplay? Okay, whatever you say Blizzard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah it's a few weeks to wait for S2

Haha, is quickplay about to be flooded with lunatics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Challengemaster, please no more of the PC superiority please.

And Cormac, you can report posts, there's no need to respond to them like that.
    I'm sure the "Console Peasants" comment was meant as good natured teasing between gaming enthusiasts.

Ah come on lads it was only a bit of harmless fun, I wasn't being serious :D I've been gaming on consoles longer than PCs! If anything I was more laughing at myself because I haven't a fcuking clue anymore what button does what on console controllers though. Sorry if it came across as more than that!

@Partyjungle - and I suppose everyone else too. Season 2 is live on the PTR

Instructions how to use it here:

isu1mj.gif
    j898EkX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Yeah it's a few weeks to wait for S2
    I hope they fix the ranking system. Now it seems like your ranking gets adjusted based on whether your team wins or loses not on how you play. If I get 3 gold medals my ranking should be going up not down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ya'll better be active
    Skill Rating Decay
    • Players in Diamond, Master, and Grandmaster tiers that haven't participated in a competitive match for 7 days will lose skill rating.
    • Players with a skill rating above 3000 (Diamond tier or higher) will lose 50 rating points every 24 hours, but their rating will not fall below 3000
    • Competing in a single match will halt skill rating decay
    • Players that haven't participated in a competitive match for 7 days will immediately drop out of the top 500
    Competitive Points
    • Existing competitive points saved from Season 1 will be multiplied by 10
    • After winning a competitive match, players will now receive 10 competitive points (instead of 1)
    • Players will now receive 3 competitive points for a draw
    • The cost of golden weapons has also been multipled by 10 from 300 to 3000
    • A soft cap is being placed on the number of competitive points that can be saved
    [LIST=2]
    [*]Players with more than 6000 points at the start of season 2 will no longer accrue points by playing competitive matches
    [*]End-of-season rewards will still be granted to players at the soft cap
    [/LIST]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Upcoming Patch notes
    Looks like a few changes on the way and no more unstoppable genji's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Damn man, that video is stunning. You'd swear it was a Pixar film. :)

Ah Jaysus. Quick Play is a circus of multiple heroes and all sorts of messing. I'll give it one thing though. Less people leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus. Quick Play is a circus of multiple heroes and all sorts of messing. I'll give it one thing though. Less people leaving.

I kind of prefer it. There's more of a 'let's have fun' vibe than 'we have to win'.

Had one guy who picked Hanzo bitching and moaning at the fact that the last person to pick chose Bastion rather than a healer. 30 seconds later everyone else on the team switched to Bastion and we mopped the floor with the other team with Hanzo rage quitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I played a 6 Genji round on a team earlier and we mauled the other guys because they didn't know what to do to counter him.

It was just ultimate after ultimate :)

There is a lot more crap team composition going on and people are really unwilling to switch heroes if they are getting beaten which can be annoying when it's your team.

On the other hand, when it's the other team, I'm setting new personal best stats nearly every round :P

Competitive has definitely improved my play overall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement