Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

QP's got it's fun moments but it's really hard to go back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I haven't touched competitive at all and no intention either.
    Quickplay is great. Have fun if you win and have fun if you lose, apart from the odd troll it's a very relaxed affair most of the time.

Yeah sometimes the team composition is crap but everything I've seen and read of competitive puts me off, way too serious for me.
    Had a game on Anubis the other day 6 Winstons versus 5 Torbjorns and a Symmetra.
    It was madness.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

madcabbage wrote: »
    Damn man, that video is stunning. You'd swear it was a Pixar film. :)
    Only another 21 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Only another 21 to go.

Theres already ones for...

Hanzo & Genji
    Soldier 76
    Widowmaker & Tracer
    Winston & Reaper

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd hope they add some more than the bare minimum though; for example what's the story between Widowmaker and Reaper as hinted in the pre battle banter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nody wrote: »
    I'd hope they add some more than the bare minimum though; for example what's the story between Widowmaker and Reaper as hinted in the pre battle banter.

Theres also the comics here

https://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/mccree-train-hopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I seriously hope the upcoming Zenyatta nerf is going to be enough, he's seriously sucking the enjoyment out of the game for me.

Edit: Nerf goddamnit, not nerd! Thanks autocorrect.

Dear Blizzard, sort out the nerds...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

lol

The new map looks great, nice lil Dark souls easter egg nod in it too :D

But yeah looking forward to the Zenny nerf, its just way too powerful, i was playing DVA yesterday and the zenny just kept doscording me and i was constantly out of the mech, destroyeed in a second (literally) twas a pain in me feckin arse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Played on the PTR last night

Hanzo is back to being almost OP and being in every ****ing team comp ever
    Genji isn't as nerfed as you would imagine... an entire team got destroyed by one. He was good but still...
    The change to Ult depletion is essentially a McCree nerf - so it's a lot more important to choose your moment to ult
    Lucio movement speed nerf is really noticable
    Roadhogs hook still doesn't seem fixed... I got some very questionable hooks on people

Haven't seen Zenyatta played a huge amount yet - make of that what you will regarding his nerf

Time bank is working well. The rank system seems like it might be better but the placement seems very questionable at the minute. There's still also no reasoning being given behind WHY you get X amount of SR points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not sure what they were thinking with Discord Orb buff in the first place. A support should not be able to shred tanks almost single-handedly.

Edit: From Reddit, a look at Hanzo's ridiculous hitboxes which are back...

Prepare to be headshotted while behind cover.

nix wrote: »
    lol

The new map looks great, nice lil Dark souls easter egg nod in it too :D

But yeah looking forward to the Zenny nerf, its just way too powerful, i was playing DVA yesterday and the zenny just kept doscording me and i was constantly out of the mech, destroyeed in a second (literally) twas a pain in me feckin arse :pac:

What's the Dark Souls nod? Must've missed that.

But yeah, I'm a tank main, and Discord Orb has just made the game pure frustration to play. It is so powerful that Zenyatta is in almost every game. It's an instant +50% damage from all sources, has no cooldown, you don't need to aim it because it seeks out it's target, and unless you can find a wall to hide behind for 3 seconds, you can be burst down immediately. It's infuriating because it's almost constant and I'm just sick of it, it's worse than Genji, and worse than when McCree's combo could burst down tanks. I'm having miserable games lately, it's no fun.

It must be hard to get it right when some characters are only super destructive when someone really skilled is playing them. It's hard to say if I felt Genji or Zenyata were overpowered, but I guess you'd see a lot more insane players playing both on PC.

Grayditch wrote: »
    It must be hard to get it right when some characters are only super destructive when someone really skilled is playing them. It's hard to say if I felt Genji or Zenyata were overpowered, but I guess you'd see a lot more insane players playing both on PC.

There's heroes that are really powerful when played well, and that's perfectly cool, like Tracer is a monster and the bane of my existence when played well, but there's nothing about the character that is inherently broken or overpowered, so if someone is dominating with Tracer it's skill. But then there's mechanics that are kinda broken, they recently adjusted D.Va's Defense Matrix on the PTR so that it could no longer be flickered on and off, because it wasn't intended to be used like that, and I use D.Va more than any other hero and although she's still somewhat underpowered and languishing behind other tanks, I can see why they adjusted it.

Likewise with Genji, his dash cancelled the melee animation, so it was being exploited with the alt-fire/melee/dash combo that burst people down very quickly, and this was something that certainly wasn't intended. Zenyatta on the other hand isn't being exploited or anything, but Discord Orb is just painfully too powerful, and it's reflected in his pickrate because he's in nearly every game now, a team can't afford not to take him. DiscOrb is the least fun thing in the entire game, as a tank, if you get it on you, your effective HP is dropped to squishy levels and you get burst down incredibly quickly because the DiscOrb is like a flashing sign over your head that says "Shoot here for easy kill!"
    Infuriating

The orb is almost instant death, alright. I always find it incredible how quick you die when you get hit with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Links234 wrote: »
    What's the Dark Souls nod? Must've missed that.

There is a bonfire in the building at the end in one of the rooms

EDIT: see here: https://youtu.be/oT2y9GrJN0E?t=7m44s

Must've faced about 3 or 4 different troll Symmetras putting teleporters over cliffs tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

J. Marston wrote: »
    Must've faced about 3 or 4 different troll Symmetras putting teleporters over cliffs tonight.

I don't even go through them any more unless a group member is playing as her or has used it already.
    I also teabag any Mei in advance these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Playing as either Lucio or Reinhart (because no one else tanks or heals) and consistently getting either the most or second most kills on my team as well as the most healing or damage blocked and also the most objective time and still losing horribly because the rest of the team is so bad is starting to suck the fun out of the game for me.

I don't remember it being this bad before competitive.

Some of this Quick Play messing could actually be Competitive players letting their hair down after their superserious tour of duty :)

Everything will probably even out in the next week. And if not Season 2 isn't too long away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Enjoy the tears...

So, I mentioned a while back that I never really got to grips with Winston, and how I've loads of time on all the other tanks, but not him. Playing him a bit recently, as I recently got his Safari skin, and I think I'm getting the hang of him. He's very good for getting a beat on an annoying Lucio dancing about the payload, that's for sure. I would say he's still a bit underpowered, but yeah, getting used to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Links234 wrote:
    So, I mentioned a while back that I never really got to grips with Winston, and how I've loads of time on all the other tanks, but not him. Playing him a bit recently, as I recently got his Safari skin, and I think I'm getting the hang of him. He's very good for getting a beat on an annoying Lucio dancing about the payload, that's for sure. I would say he's still a bit underpowered, but yeah, getting used to him.

I can kind of use Winston - I play a fair amount of D.va so I'm used to the 'jump in and wreck ****/be a distracting nuisance' strategy. But where I fall down is with his ultimate. I just cannot seem to get any use out of it. I rarely get kills with it. It feels underpowered to me (but I admit I'm probably just using it wrong).

His ultimate is pretty crap, only 40 damage per swing. Normal melee attacks do 30 damage. Great for knocking people off points and being a distractionbut little else Whenever I get it, I just try to pin a healer in a corner and smack them to death. Anything over one kill with his ultimate is a huge success.

He's a really situational tank. He gets Lucio off payloads, he makes Genji run away and he easily gets rid of Hanzo and Widowmaker but that's about it. He should be able to harass back-line healers too but with Zenyatta as powerful as he is right now, Winston probably loses a one-on-one duel with him, which is absurd.

They should buff his ultimate to 60 damage per hit. His shield could use a buff too. Either decrease the cooldown or increase how much damage it can take. It rarely lasts longer than 2 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Links234 wrote: »

I've played him a bit now and I do like him. I do tend to die a lot more with him though.

I think if his shield got a slight buff (stay active longer/quicker cool down) or he got an additional 25 health he would be much more viable.

I love playing him, but I'd kill for 10 more ammo in the clip and a slightly stronger shield.

His ultimate is not great, but good uses of it are separating a healer fom the group and also it's great to unleash it in Overtime on a Payload and stand swat the team back as far as possible.

It can really buy enough time to run down that clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Last couple of nights I've been rocking with Roadhogg. Buddy of mine plays Zarya so the Ult combos can be nasty. Denying Ult's with his hook is very satisfying I must say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm tempted to give this a go after running out of things to do in No Mans Sky.

Am I too late to the party and going to be murdered by every other player?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You will be murdered relentlessly and your teammates will hate you. For a little while. But with each death you will learn, and then this won't be the case anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm tempted to give this a go after running out of things to do in No Mans Sky.

Am I too late to the party and going to be murdered by every other player?

You're actually picking a good time to join as we're between competitive seasons right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement