Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You're actually picking a good time to join as we're between competitive seasons right now.

Hmmmmm I have to share the TV with my wife and kids so time is limited each week. I take it you can freeplay outside the competitive games? I don't think I'd be up for ruining a teams chances at glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

fixxxer wrote: »
    Hmmmmm I have to share the TV with my wife and kids so time is limited each week. I take it you can freeplay outside the competitive games? I don't think I'd be up for ruining a teams chances at glory.

Yes you can always play Quick Play even when the competitive season is running and, to be honest, it's often more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You're placed with people around your level so you shouldn't be getting destroyed by experienced players.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm tempted to give this a go after running out of things to do in No Mans Sky.

Am I too late to the party and going to be murdered by every other player?

Absolutely not. Unlike other games, there's no real upgrades. Everyone won't be starting with much better weapons and gear than you. The only things you unlock as you level up are cosmetic items. This means the only thing you'll be lacking will be experience, and you'll go through a painful while of trying to experience all the different characters and see which suits you (and how to counter enemy characters), but even then, there's a Play Vs AI mode where you (and 5 randoms) play against 6 AI, so it's great for trying out different characters etc.

You'll be murdered a whole heap for the first while, but it doesn't take as long to play catchup as with other multiplayer shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How many people here play on Xbox?

I know I have a few of you added but there surely are a few more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm tempted to give this a go after running out of things to do in No Mans Sky.

Am I too late to the party and going to be murdered by every other player?

Murder the other players faster.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Murder the other players faster.

I like your moxi kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Eichenwalde is awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

God I am still getting random crashes with Overwatch :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Links234 wrote: »
    God I am still getting random crashes with Overwatch :mad:

On PC? Weird, it's one of the most rock solid games I've played in a long time in terms of performance and stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

When's the next season of competitive starting?
    Every time I log in now I'm chucked into games with all these high-level expert players....I want to go back to playing with other people who aren't good enough for competitive play...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

BizzyC wrote: »
    When's the next season of competitive starting?
    Every time I log in now I'm chucked into games with all these high-level expert players....I want to go back to playing with other people who aren't good enough for competitive play...

I believe it's kicking off on the 2nd, next Friday.

Yeah plenty of QP games i'm getting into are very sweaty too, feel a lot like competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

6th September is Season 2 start

Seriously you should hop on the PTR and see what it's like before the real S2 kicks off. Trying to hit Master before S2 starts...already Diamond

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Seriously you should hop on the PTR and see what it's like before the real S2 kicks off. Trying to hit Master before S2 starts...already Diamond

Is it the 6th? Damn. I can QP a few more days in preparation i guess.

Looking forward to seeing how the new ranking systems plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Unfortunately us console peasants (said in jest) don't have the luxury of the PTR. That privilege is reserved for the mighty PC Master Race (also said in jest). Plus, your rank will be wiped anyway soo......

I'm in I'm in. This game is a lot of fun! Finding I have a Tracer Addiction at the moment. I'm trying to stick with one character but its really tempting to keep switching. The character design is really really really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Finding I have a Tracer Addiction at the moment.

And how are you finding the game itself? ;)

Cormac... wrote: »
    And how are you finding the game itself? ;)

Ha, purely game based. Not ventured out into the expanded universe yet.

Its really accessible to newbs. Feels like player a hyped up team fortress 2. Hopefully I'll be playing a long time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

A Mei trolling montage.
    The added sound effects and stuff are a bit silly but if you pay attention to some of the things people get up to it's hilarious.

While it's happening to other people at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's everyone's problem with Mei? She's great.

J. Marston wrote: »
    What's everyone's problem with Mei? She's great.
    I agree but then I'm a prick with her too. :pac:

The added sound effects and stuff are a bit silly...

I made it less than a minute into that, it was obnoxious and irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Picked this up for the PC recently, I'm finding match searching times very slow to PS4. Anybody else having this problem? I also see that most ranks are nowhere near mine which surprises me considering the popularity on PC.

Plus, your rank will be wiped anyway soo......
    Oh I know it won't carry over, but it's still fun... It's almost like a mini-season in between real seasons :pac:

It's also nice to have some real indication heading into a real season as to where you might end up from placement matches, and also roughly what your "real" rank/tier should be. It certainly feels much more satisfying than just having "rank 60" or whatever to go by.

The ELO loss/gain is still wacky though. Some explanation would be nice.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Picked this up for the PC recently, I'm finding match searching times very slow to PS4. Anybody else having this problem? I also see that most ranks are nowhere near mine which surprises me considering the popularity on PC.

Why, what was your rank from S1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Sorry, should have been clearer. I only got this a week ago for the PC, rank 11. I've played a good bit more on the PS4, got SR 52. Never have to wait more than 15/20 secs for a game on the console.

Links234 wrote: »
    I made it less than a minute into that, it was obnoxious and irritating
    I know that's why I said it's silly but to watch the clips. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭todd10k

Looking for an irish gaming clan for overwatch, currently ranked 2890 on the PTR, finished on 58 season 1.

Si1enc3 on steam, or message me here. Cheers folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement