Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Faster shooting and larger headshots hit box. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has Hanzo been buffed or what?

I picked him for 30s of my final ranked game and got a headshot from miles away. Only ever used him for one game before when I first got the game so there's no way I should be able to pull off a shot like that !!

What's the highest rank now in competitive? I got silver (1547 I think) after the crap I was paired with in ranked games (57 was my highest last season I think)

Edit: Ranked 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Faster shooting and larger headshots hit box. I think.

The travel time of his arrow was increased, but i haven't read anywhere that his hit boxes were altered. They remain the same as far as i know :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nix wrote: »
    The travel time of his arrow was increased, but i haven't read anywhere that his hit boxes were altered. They remain the same as far as i know :confused:

Seen a vid by Flik on the PTR and the hitbox for headshots seemed to be a bit larger. Granted it was PTR so they could have reversed it before release

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Seen a vid by Flik on the PTR and the hitbox for headshots seemed to be a bit larger. Granted it was PTR so they could have reversed it before release

Yikes, they really should reduce it to the size of the actual arrow, or atleast near enough to the size.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I noticed a few Hanzos running around at close range picking people off easily this morning. Didn't make sense until I saw one of them getting POTG with 4 headshot kills in a row at Reaper type range.

His charge time is so low now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I pick Dva because her head is so freakishly small.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's the highest rank now in competitive? I got silver (1547 I think) after the crap I was paired with in ranked games (57 was my highest last season I think)

Edit: Ranked 1989

Highest theoretically you can get is 5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Funny thing about Overwatch,

I really enjoy watching streams of it but cant for the life of me bring myself to buy it for PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Funny thing about Overwatch,

I really enjoy watching streams of it but cant for the life of me bring myself to buy it for PC.

Buy it bro, you won't regret it. Have it for PS4 and PC it's that damn good! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

fixxxer wrote: »
    I pick Dva because her head is so freakishly small.

Dva has the biggest, or at least most easily hittable critbox in the game :p

Every other hero has it on their head but hers is in the middle of her body, so even if you miss you still hit her somewhere else, it's low risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Dva has the biggest, or at least most easily hittable critbox in the game

Less of this filth please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This Hanzo stuff is going to be more infuriating than Genji.

Shimada shítheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I got screwed over 3 games with Sky broadband going down and having to take a loss automatically and getting a few bans ...

After finishing though my rank is 2316 got to 58 last season so I suppose it not all that bad.. Really want to get to 3,000 but you don't rank up much with a win ...

I can't for the life of me get a kill with DVA special... I plant it perfectly and no one dies...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

One thing seeing how ridiculous his arrows are in the practice range on bots but seeing it in game is a new level of nonsense. Look how far that arrow is actually hanging off Soldier 76. Absurd that that actually counts as a hit.

Well I just got a ban from competitive till I don't know when as it doesn't even say... This is all thanks to PSN going down last night...

Other times I got bans because internet cut off (Sky broadband sucks around here)... No idea how to get back to playing ranked now...

Well I just got a ban from competitive till I don't know when as it doesn't even say... This is all thanks to PSN going down last night...

Other times I got bans because internet cut off (Sky broadband sucks around here)... No idea how to get back to playing ranked now...

Can you run some network tests on your PC to see what your packet loss is and get your latency and speed?

Type this into your command window on your PC

Ping -n 8.8.8.8

To be honest bans are fair enough in competitive because you disconnecting has probably caused losses for everyone else on your team.

Can you run some network tests on your PC to see what your packet loss is and get your latency and speed?

Type this into your command window on your PC

Ping -n 8.8.8.8

To be honest bans are fair enough in competitive because you disconnecting has probably caused losses for everyone else on your team.

Don't really know how to do that tried typing that in but didn't work... Yeah I know but for the bans to increase so much is ridiculous it goes 1 hour to 8 hours to 20 hours to whole season ban...

Especially since last night it wasn't my fault that PSN went down... Submitted a ticket anyways... I don't understand though because I play so much without disconnecting yet they still keep giving me bans even though my account should be in good condition with the amount I play...

Don't really know how to do that tried typing that in but didn't work... Yeah I know but for the bans to increase so much is ridiculous it goes 1 hour to 8 hours to 20 hours to whole season ban...

Especially since last night it wasn't my fault that PSN went down... Submitted a ticket anyways... I don't understand though because I play so much without disconnecting yet they still keep giving me bans even though my account should be in good condition with the amount I play...

But your leaving games that's why your getting bans (I know your not leaving on purpose but you are leaving)

I'd say you have high Packet Loss and that's why your disconnecting.

To run the test search for Command Prompt on you Windows machine and type in Ping -n 8.8.8.8 and press enter. Just let it run for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I have to say, Hanzo has become infuriating lately. I was playing Symettra, and kept getting picked off by arrows that were way wide of the mark, it's almost like he can fire in your general direction and hit you. Bleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It's a balls of a situation when you disconnect, but the bans are there for a reason. I'm sure they'll sort you out considering it was a problem across the whole network....again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you should just straight up stay out of Comp if you keep getting disconnected due to bad internet.

I mean sure, you're sitting her annoyed for yourself now.
    But what about the other 5 players you were with in those games that probably lost the match and their Comp rank asa result of your bad internet?

They are players who are having a negative gaming experience as a result of the choice you've taken to roll the dice on your connection on a given day.

From Scott Mercers own mouth
    To further discourage someone from leaving a match, competitive play has a different leave penalty system than a quick play game. Leaving won't simply reduce your XP gain, instead you can be suspended from playing competitive play. The time a player is suspended time increases on repeated leaves, and in extreme cases a player will earn a ban from competitive play for the current season. Banned players also forfeit any rewards granted at the end of the season.

If you end up with a Season long ban, then you are an Extreme Case.

You're talking about 1 or 2 "other instances" where you got kicked due to internet issues (I am thinking this is heavily rounded down) and now saying instance number 3 is due to PSN Maintenance (correctly) and it's unfair? :confused:

Your ~4 leaves have screwed up the game for 20 other people of no fault of their own.

You deciding "Oh I've had 4 disconnects and am up to 8 hours banned time" meaning as soon as your ban is up you're going to roll the dice again and go in there again and WHAM hit with a 20 or Season Long ban should not be surprising.

Sort your internet out or stay out of competitive are your only solutions.
    Regardless of the how/where/what/why this is happening.

But your leaving games that's why your getting bans (I know your not leaving on purpose but you are leaving)

I'd say you have high Packet Loss and that's why your disconnecting.

To run the test search for Command Prompt on you Windows machine and type in Ping -n 8.8.8.8 and press enter. Just let it run for a few minutes.

Yeah but with PSN going down that's got nothing to do with my connection or anything... Did everyone that was online at that current time then get a ban?...

Tried this already it says "IP address must be specified" so i just typed Ping with my IP address and 4 packets sent 4 recieved 0 lost if thats what your looking for?.. Then I pinged 8.8.8.8 and same result

Yeah but with PSN going down that's got nothing to do with my connection or anything... Did everyone that was online at that current time then get a ban?...

It would stand to reason that yes, that would count as 1 leave, and if 1 leave constitutes a ban, then they got bans. Though AFAIK the 1st tier of bans is only like 30 minutes. I think you need to leave 2 games to accumulate enough to incurr that ban (at least that was the case in season 1)

Also, leaving a match during the "Prepare your defenses" or "Prepare to Attack" period count as "Leaves". So lets say attacking on Route 66, you can leave in the initial 30-60 seconds when you pick your chatters with no issue, but as soon as they players are sitting in the cafe waiting 60seconds to attack, leaving then counts as a "Leave"

I ended up getting an XP penalty from being a related "leaver" due to not knowing this and essentially leaving when my team had decided it would run 5 offence heros and I got fed up

Tried this already it says "IP address must be specified" so i just typed Ping with my IP address and 4 packets sent 4 recieved 0 lost if thats what your looking for?.. Then I pinged 8.8.8.8 and same result

Maybe someone else might be able to give you some better network tests so we can see.

Is your PS wired or wireless? What is your internet speed and ping?

No PSN going down was a PlayStation problem but every player on PS at that time will have got a leave against them. Your problem was you already have enough leaves against your name that it dropped you into a cut off for a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just started this, totally in love. Some of the heroes are a little frustrating though. Loooove Tracer's gameplay style, anything with high mobility, but her Sticky Bomb is pretty terrible. Even stuck right on someone's face it doesn't kill all characters in one go...whereas Reaper, Hanzo, and D.VA seem to have specials that will literally kill entire teams if they're anywhere near by.

Zillah wrote: »
    Just started this, totally in love. Some of the heroes are a little frustrating though. Loooove Tracer's gameplay style, anything with high mobility, but her Sticky Bomb is pretty terrible. Even stuck right on someone's face it doesn't kill all characters in one go...whereas Reaper, Hanzo, and D.VA seem to have specials that will literally kill entire teams if they're anywhere near by.

Use tracers ultimate in combination with Zarya ultimate. Works great.

Maybe someone else might be able to give you some better network tests so we can see.

Is your PS wired or wireless? What is your internet speed and ping?

No PSN going down was a PlayStation problem but every player on PS at that time will have got a leave against them. Your problem was you already have enough leaves against your name that it dropped you into a cut off for a ban.

Yeah it's wired, I think the previous issues before PSN going down have been resolved as my connection has been much better since yesterday and today for some reason...

It could be the fact that theres so many of us using the internet at the same time also as it is only 5MB ...

Would be great if you could see your ping before the game started so you would know if you will lose connection or not...

Zillah wrote: »

Tracers Ult is weak because the rest of her game is strong.
    Some heros Ults are stronger since their normal game is average.
    It balanced pretty well. I think Pulse Bomb only does about 400 damage.
    So you can't kill Tanks with it. So don't try :P

Also Hanzos Ult requires you to 1) Get caught within the slow moving dragon and 2) stay in it for X seconds
    I see more players die per game to Tracers ult than Hanzos tbh

• Advertisement

Yeah it's wired, I think the previous issues before PSN going down have been resolved as my connection has been much better since yesterday and today for some reason...

It could be the fact that theres so many of us using the internet at the same time also as it is only 5MB ...

Would be great if you could see your ping before the game started so you would know if you will lose connection or not...

Run a speed test there and see what the ping is? When you say there is a lot of you on at once how many is a lot? Are they downloading or anything when your playing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement