Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Zarya is just a dream to have as a team mate in fairness. I'm never unhappy to see her on my side regardless of the composition.

Her ult really brings out the best in Tracer's and Hanzos, but it's also good for DVA's and Mei's, or Junkrats...pretty much anybody really. It can also drag people away from the point for a few critical seconds, or suck them off the edge.

Add all that to her temp shields for allies...*makes finger kissing gesture*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Zarya is just a dream to have as a team mate in fairness. I'm never unhappy to see her on my side regardless of the composition.

Her ult really brings out the best in Tracer's and Hanzos, but it's also good for DVA's and Mei's, or Junkrats...pretty much anybody really. It can also drag people away from the point for a few critical seconds, or suck them off the edge.

Try fighting against 4 of them! Interesting tactic...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A good Zarya has a place in every team I think. She sucks everyone in, Mei then freezes them in place and they are stuck for a good 10 seconds.

If you can't kill them all in that time you need your eyes checked :D

madcabbage wrote: »
    Try fighting against 4 of them! Interesting tactic...

Four Zaryas who know what they are doing, and maybe a Lucio/Zen support combo...would be fun to try!

As for countering that? Maybe a few ranged characters but still they'd need to be smart about not accidentally shooting at the wrong time and charging the Zarya's up.

One for the quick play testing grounds, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Cormac... wrote: »
    Tracers Ult is weak because the rest of her game is strong.
    Some heros Ults are stronger since their normal game is average.
    It balanced pretty well. I think Pulse Bomb only does about 400 damage.
    So you can't kill Tanks with it. So don't try :P

Yeah I guessed it would be something like that. It's still quite frustrating to dodge your way through a wave of death, plant the bomb on something, get out, only for it to leave them with a third of their hit points when it blows.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Yeah I guessed it would be something like that. It's still quite frustrating to dodge your way through a wave of death, plant the bomb on something, get out, only for it to leave them with a third of their hit points when it blows.

True, but Tracer will always be doing her best work on the fringes, picking off isolated and weakened characters. She's well capable of getting gold for damage done if you keep hustling and harrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Four Zaryas who know what they are doing, and maybe a Lucio/Zen support combo...would be fun to try!

As for countering that? Maybe a few ranged characters but still they'd need to be smart about not accidentally shooting at the wrong time and charging the Zarya's up.

One for the quick play testing grounds, definitely.

A team of Soldiers and Pharas would piss all over them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I actually played against a team who had 5 Zaryas, and a Lucio. We won. I went Reinhardt, and flattened a couple of them by charging. Two Zaryas who know what they're doing can be downright unstoppable, but the 5 weren't great at all.

Ah you're probably all right; Pharah in particular can be tricky to hit as Zarya even with the beam. A good Zenyatta can do it but more than one Pharah and you're toast.

I guess most characters can be an effective counter if you're smart. That Rheinhardt ult has become one of the scariest things around as people have gotten better with him.

I still enjoy the odd stacked team, helps break up the monotony. Find the right composition to stop a 6 Torbjorn payload push is always fun, as is going 6 Winstons on Hanamura or Volskaya and just leaping through the gate like an angry tidal wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ah you're probably all right; Pharah in particular can be tricky to hit as Zarya even with the beam. A good Zenyatta can do it but more than one Pharah and you're toast.

I guess most characters can be an effective counter if you're smart. That Rheinhardt ult has become one of the scariest things around as people have gotten better with him.

I still enjoy the odd stacked team, helps break up the monotony. Find the right composition to stop a 6 Torbjorn payload push is always fun, as is going 6 Winstons on Hanamura or Volskaya and just leaping through the gate like an angry tidal wave.

Anna Boosted Reinhardt.... Swinging like a lunatic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Run a speed test there and see what the ping is? When you say there is a lot of you on at once how many is a lot? Are they downloading or anything when your playing?

Ping - 29ms
    DL Speed - 5.22MB
    UL Speed - 0.45MB

Usually brother is listening to spotify which destroys the internet and he also could be downloading but no sign of that since yesterday... My upload speed is terrible, I know that was the main reason I couldn't really play Uncharted 4 online but at least it would tell you your speeds and suggested speeds before entering MP...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ping - 29ms
    DL Speed - 5.22MB
    UL Speed - 0.45MB

Usually brother is listening to spotify which destroys the internet and he also could be downloading but no sign of that since yesterday... My upload speed is terrible, I know that was the main reason I couldn't really play Uncharted 4 online but at least it would tell you your speeds and suggested speeds before entering MP...

Have you port forwarded your console?

I fully agree those games can be fun, but it doesn't take much for the opposition to come up with an effective counter. Lots of fun to be had if you don't mind having the odds stacked against you.

I managed to find myself in an impromptu 6v6 all Roadhog Quick Play last night. As in 12 Roadhogs. Now that was a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

One of the top posts on Reddit the other day was a match of 12 Lucios :D

Lasted like 30 mins
    Ping - 29ms
    DL Speed - 5.22MB
    UL Speed - 0.45MB

If there are 5 of you in the house and at least one other person at a given time is downloading video/music or streaming (which for all intents and purposes is the same as downloading) that internet is not going to stand up to MP gaming.

And that's not even getting into when you DL/UL gets even worse if you have "Peak Time" contention ratio issues.

Is your PS4 connected via Wifi?
    Can you connect it via ethernet to the Router?
    Have you looked into using TP Links?

One of the top posts on Reddit the other day was a match of 12 Lucios :D

Lasted like 30 mins

All Mercy fight is the best! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The pinnacle of my Overwatch career has been reached, I don't think I will ever get a more clutch play than this...

That Hanzo had teabagged me too so it was an extra little cherry on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

madcabbage wrote: »
    Have you port forwarded your console?

Nope I am not very good at that unfortunately but I got my brother to do it for me for COD so maybe when he home I will get it done...

As for above user, PS4 is wired and I am literally located right beside the router...

If you had waited like 0.5 seconds longer you would have revived all 5 and not just the nearest 3, still good though :)

If you had waited like 0.5 seconds longer you would have revived all 5 and not just the nearest 3, still good though :)

That .05 would've lost the match, do you see how close they were to capping it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Waiting 0.5 seconds would have lost the game though!

• Advertisement

Just watch the vid up between 0:00 and 0:07. The "Overtime Bar" was practically full and looked like it was doing the full 20 second count down.
    I just re watched it there and did a few pauses and it seemed like you had time.
    I mean granted maybe you would have been killed or the 1st guy who died would have been respawned.
    I was just saying is all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A friend sent me this before joining a game. Made me laugh more than it should :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

This game is impossible on your own. Quick play is messing with me. Constantly up against teams . Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ok last game. Ok this is the last game. Ok really this is the last game. Ok three more games and then you're really done.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

CptMackey wrote: »
    This game is impossible on your own. Quick play is messing with me. Constantly up against teams . Sigh

What platform are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

What platform are you on?

Ps4. Soon as I posted this i got in a game where people used coms and we won 3 in a row . It's a great game but hard when people don't talk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wish you could make a temporary team that you could invite players into, like a party without having to have them as friends.

Maybe you can actually, but I'm not sure how to do it on PS4.

You can on PC so presume the same is available on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The Overwatch Effect:

Walking through shopping centres and past construction sites, seeing fire extinguishers and gas tanks, and the first impulse is to shoot them.

• Advertisement

The Overwatch Effect:

Hearing heavy footsteps behind me while walking = ENEMY RHEINHARDT WATCH YOUR BACK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement