Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hear a song playing over the speaker system... Watch out guys Lucio above us !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Been using this to make a squad with a buddy of mine. Handy for people who want to make a full squad and be able to communicate. A must for ranked.

http://overwatchlf.com/

My apologies if this has been posted previously.

This is a nice website to see your stats

http://masteroverwatch.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Been using that website alright.

Basically what it says is "Cormac, Pick Mercy to Win"

It's not wrong

Cormac... wrote: »
    Been using that website alright.

Basically what it says is "Cormac, Pick Mercy to Win"

It's not wrong

Boooooooo..... Lucio for the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Boooooooo..... Lucio for the win.

I'm not good with him :o
    Despite Mercy being considered a weaker (meta) pick overall, I do better with her.
    I get annoyed at trying to maintain LOS with other players

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm not good with him :o
    Despite Mercy being considered a weaker (meta) pick overall, I do better with her.
    I get annoyed at trying to maintain LOS with other players

I'm not great with him either but I like booking people off the map :D

Also with the Elite Controller I have the X and A button mapped to the paddles so never have to take my thumbs off the sticks to do anything so I can be constantly moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Had a QP game where 6 Meis were defending Anubis. It was incredibly hard to penetrate the first point. Kept getting chain frozen. Two on my team switched to Pharah and then we pretty much steamrolled them. But it was bloody hard at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Had a QP game where 6 Meis were defending Anubis. It was incredibly hard to penetrate the first point. Kept getting chain frozen. Two on my team switched to Pharah and then we pretty much steamrolled them. But it was bloody hard at the start.

Had a game with randoms where we tried 6 Meis attacking King's Row and stomped the other team. Hearing "Freeze, don't move!" every 20 seconds was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

J. Marston wrote: »
    Had a game with randoms where we tried 6 Meis attacking King's Row and stomped the other team. Hearing "Freeze, don't move!" every 20 seconds was hilarious.

I've been rolled by a multi-Mei team on Kings Row too, must remember to not panic and get a few Pharahs in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Use tracers ultimate in combination with Zarya ultimate. Works great.

Like this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Decided to give Farah a go. Still getting the hang of her ultimate...

giphy.gif

I think that was accidental? Hell of a way to make someone kill themselves. What's "Ultimate Showdown"?

Zillah wrote: »
    Decided to give Farah a go. Still getting the hang of her ultimate...

giphy.gif

I think that was accidental? Hell of a way to make someone kill themselves. What's "Ultimate Showdown"?

It said Ultimate Shutdown. Just that you killed someone in their ultimate I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Was in a super intense match on Route 66, we were seconds from delivering the payload.

Also I was 2k from getting another lootbox.

And then my internet sh*t itself and disconnected me from everything except Google! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It said Ultimate Shutdown. Just that you killed someone in their ultimate I think.

Oh, right! But, the only person I killed was the other Farah, I don't think she had hers active.

Zillah wrote: »
    Oh, right! But, the only person I killed was the other Farah, I don't think she had hers active.

She might have popped just as you killed her.

I don't think it shows up when your killed in your ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Had a ridiculous match last night, 6 Dva vs 6 Bastions. Holy crap that was a mess. The highlight was at the end where team Dva suicide rushed the wall of bastions and 6 NERF THIS were let loose. We lost the match but it made a fun replay :D

People shooting Zarya when she's shielded makes me want to tear me hair out.

A bit of common sense and an enemy Zarya can be completely useless. But no "Pew pew, lets make her an unstoppable killing machine, pew pew!" CHRIST!

People shooting Zarya when she's shielded makes me want to tear me hair out.

A bit of common sense and an enemy Zarya can be completely useless. But no "Pew pew, lets make her an unstoppable killing machine, pew pew!" CHRIST!

If you team shoot her it won't make a difference what charge she has because she'll be dead before she can do anything.

I agree though when there are only one or two shooting her.

A good Zarya will give you no choice, like so...

If you're good with her, you won't be bubbling every time it's off cooldown, you'll be waiting for that Roadhog to hook one of your teammates, or Reinhardt to charge them, you'll be waiting for that D.Va ult so you can jump into the explosion, or that riptire. Pro tip, turn on ally health bars for Zarya so you can see who's being hurt and you'll be everyone's best friend. ;)

• Advertisement

Just played a competitive game on Anubis where we lost point A and 2 out of 3 checkpoints on point B but on our turn, we took point A but couldn't get any checkpoints on point B and it was still called a draw.

Shouldn't those checkpoints count for something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just played a competitive game on Anubis where we lost point A and 2 out of 3 checkpoints on point B but on our turn, we took point A but couldn't get any checkpoints on point B and it was still called a draw.

Shouldn't those checkpoints count for something?

I thought they do?

I lost a game last night after we got A and two checkpoints and they got A and two checkpoints, but they got their cart further than we did\shorter time, so it was a loss.

168.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Doing placements for season 2 and I see the whole player quitting during placements are still in full swing; won 1, lost 1 (2 players quit before the first round was over) and 1 game cancelled (a player quit in the first 30s of the game started).

So, I'm in platinum rank, and it feels kinda cheap because we had two placement matches where people on the enemy team bailed after the first round. It's like, I'm not doubting my rank, I was 58-60 last seaon, but it didn't feel clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Be thankful. I got into diamond then fell to 'gold' and am now stuck with torbs in attack who troll when asked to switch. Every second game seems to be like that. Impossible to climb back up. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

3/3 losses. Great start to the placement matches! At least I played well in them. That's what counts, right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

BKtje wrote: »
    Be thankful. I got into diamond then fell to 'gold' and am now stuck with torbs in attack who troll when asked to switch. Every second game seems to be like that. Impossible to climb back up. Sigh.

I thought that only Master and Grandmaster tiered players could fall to a lower tier?

I thought that only Master and Grandmaster tiered players could fall to a lower tier?

You keep your teir (gold, silver etc) but your rank falls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well seven wins and placed in gold; as gold was my overall goal it's a good start I guess :P

Overall between 11 games there were players dropping out in 4 of them.

Oh and Pharah ultimate seriously need a duration nerf...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement