Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Never going on mic again, like talking to a wall. Was Zarya asking, politely, a Pharrah to sync ultimates. No chance.

What do we lose to? A perfectly synced Zarya/Pharrah ult that wiped us. Fúck teamwork from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

J. Marston wrote:
    Never going on mic again, like talking to a wall. Was Zarya asking, politely, a Pharrah to sync ultimates. No chance.

J. Marston wrote:
    What do we lose to? A perfectly synced Zarya/Pharrah ult that wiped us. Fúck teamwork from here on out.

Quick play or ranked?

I've only rarely had meaningful communication in QP (on PS4). When someone random is on the channel it's generally either:

A) a 12 year old non-English-speaking kid alternating between shouting, rambling and singing on mic
    B) an English or Irish older teen/adult bitching that people aren't playing to their exact specifications.

The best team up I ever had on solo queue was as Ana. I sync'd ult with a Genji one time and every other time he or I had ult we'd announce it and find each other. No mic comm, just announcing ult and him generally jumping up and down in my field of view. We murdered. It was beautiful.

The free weekend on console is making for some dog-rough quickplay games!

Level 200-300 mixed with level 1-10. Levels don't dictate skill, I know, but experience counts for a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

This is some game. Finally making progress playing as reaper , lucio and a few others. Does anybody own a mic on ps4 tho . So used to party chat on cod

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

CptMackey wrote: »
    This is some game. Finally making progress playing as reaper , lucio and a few others. Does anybody own a mic on ps4 tho . So used to party chat on cod

What's your PSN? I'll add you to the chat group. There's usually a few people on in the evenings with mics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone know how to fix this? Keeps coming up for me on the ps4, doesnt appear to affect gameplay. I run wireless so I assume that'll be the problem?

Overwatch.png

Ireland have lost 2/3 of their World Cup matches so far, for anyone interested.

http://play.eslgaming.com/overwatch/europe/overwatch/world-cup/2016-overwatch-world-cup-qualifiers-europe/results/

Ireland 1 - 2 Poland
    Ireland 2 - 0 South Africa
    Ireland 0 - 2 Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone know how to fix this? Keeps coming up for me on the ps4, doesnt appear to affect gameplay. I run wireless so I assume that'll be the problem?

Overwatch.png

It mighten be a problem as they have the triggers set really low at the minute.

I get that too. What does it mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Stolen from reddit
    (Circle with lightning) This icon pulses when your client hasn't heard from the server for a period longer than your interpolation delay. If this icon is consistently pulsing, it may indicate a connection problem, and can cause erratic behavior in game.

(Orange cards) This icon will pulse when packet loss is detected. This could indicate a connection problem and can result in erratic game behavior if it goes on for an extended period of time. Note: The thresholds for these icons are currently turned down very low, and will pulse when there isn't necessarily a problem. This threshold may change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

What's your PSN? I'll add you to the chat group. There's usually a few people on in the evenings with mics

Think I'm in it alright. Didnt seem to be people on when I was on last night . How people survive with out mics in fps is beyond me

CptMackey wrote: »
    Think I'm in it alright. Didnt seem to be people on when I was on last night . How people survive with out mics in fps is beyond me

I done a raid last night in Destiny instead but should be on for a while later. Most nights there are 3-4 from the chat online and teamed up.

Regarding the World Cup, Ireland are due to play Team Baltic & Caspian Sea, who are currently topping the group; at around 8pm.

http://play.eslgaming.com/overwatch/europe/overwatch/world-cup/2016-overwatch-world-cup-qualifiers-europe/rankings/

Stream seems to be down atm, but should be available below when they get it fixed.

https://www.twitch.tv/esl_overwatch

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Daz24

Defo gonna pick this up during the week.Most fun in online multiplayer in long time even with the odd team of people picking same 3/4 heroes and getting asses handed to us. Really glad for the free trial on Ps4

Looking for headsets on argos now. Looking at a half price turtle beach pair for 27 should do the job.

Starting to get pretty good with Zarya. Spend most of every game like this though...

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Top Zarya tip, pop your bubble on a frienly Reinhardt even while his shield is up, enemies will keep hitting him anyway because they don't seem to think they'll charge you through his shield. But they will. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The level of whining assholes has gone from 1 to 100 after joining competitive. There's really nothing worse than some jerk whining about everyone on their team.

What's the point in being forced to wait for the final score before you can leave in competitive? It's not in quickplay, why is it in competitive? Win or lose, waiting around is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Still getting random crashes with Overwatch, get the error message "rendering device has been lost" or something like that. It's infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Dont get them as much as when I first got the game thank god. Usually happened when I booted the game up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Finished my placement matches last night with 7 wins 1 draw and ended up in the higher end of Platinum, not bad, may retire now....but there's always that temptation to get a few more SR and reach Diamond first...

Had a very interesting game last night against a Reinhardt/Roadhog combo.
    They were very effective when teamed up, shield to get them closer to the enemy, hook pulls em in, and between the two of them any enemy is dead in seconds.
    We ended up winning the match, but only by a few feet of distance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

BizzyC wrote: »
    Finished my placement matches last night with 7 wins 1 draw and ended up in the higher end of Platinum, not bad, may retire now....but there's always that temptation to get a few more SR and reach Diamond first...
    Got up to platinum so far and since you can't lose ranks (until Master) I may go for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Stinkypete

Simply one of the best shooters about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Platinum rank is a shit show so dont get your hopes up, still riddled with idiots who dont know what to pick or when to swap for the greater good when asked politely :mad:

And before anybody starts, im pretty much always support, if not tank and id much prefer to be damage dealer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Caved and bought this (and a headset!) after enjoying the free weekend. I'm pretty crap still but any way to get in on some clan action? I'm spiritcrusher_88
    EDIT: On PS4

Caved and bought this (and a headset!) after enjoying the free weekend. I'm pretty crap still but any way to get in on some clan action? I'm spiritcrusher_88
    EDIT: On PS4

That's a Reaper name if I've ever heard one!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

J. Marston wrote: »
    That's a Reaper name if I've ever heard one!

https://twitter.com/reapernames

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I see eichenwalde is part of competitive play now despite it being way too easy to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I see eichenwalde is part of competitive play now despite it being way too easy to defend.

Is it? I've had a handful of games there and we've got the payload up fairly easily, the main problem being as usual the final push close to the defense spawn. I wouldn't have said its more difficult than say, Dorado.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Yeah, that first archway can be turned into an absolute murderbox by even a semi competent team on defense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement