Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

I have a sadface when I am abandoned as Rheinhardt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Mercy is a strange one, your team needs to protect her at all times, while she needs to be smart enough to stay out of the thick of the action. A good Mercy can turn the tide of the game with a well timed Res, but there don't seem to many good with her.

Most teams don't protect their healers from my experience, so I prefer to play as Lucio or Zenyatta as you can heal and defend yourself at the same time.

Zarya is still the best hero though :D

Zen is wrecking at the mo. i need to get the hang of him as I have literally never picked him. Is he good as the only healer in the comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zen is wrecking at the mo. i need to get the hang of him as I have literally never picked him. Is he good as the only healer in the comp?

Was his discord orb not nerfed recently?

emmetkenny wrote: »

Don't think so, Im still getting rekd with him anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Don't think so, Im still getting rekd with him anyway?

Its was. Instead of a 50% increase in damage taken (i think that was it), it's down to 25 or 30%. They also increase his damage dealt, but only by 6% or something like that

Its was. Instead of a 50% increase in damage taken (i think that was it), it's down to 25 or 30%. They also increase his damage dealt, but only by 6% or something like that
    Fair enough, he is still destroying me though.

Fair enough, he is still destroying me though.

In the words of sqeakers - GIT GUD SCRUBZ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really wish I had his sit emote while doing this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It was, 30% down from 50%

Zen's still horrible if you play tank though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Zen is a beast that can pretty much counter all my playing styles if he's played well.

I can't get to grips with him at all, the thoughts of balancing maintaining sight with with a healee, a debuffee AND throwing orbs fry my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Rule: If you have no idea what just killed you, it was Zenyata.

OldBean wrote: »
    Zen is a beast that can pretty much counter all my playing styles if he's played well.

I can't get to grips with him at all, the thoughts of balancing maintaining sight with with a healee, a debuffee AND throwing orbs fry my mind.

You get used to it with practice. I feel like I get lucky whenever I get kills with him though. The slow moving projectiles are spamtastic.

I'm actually encountering more quitters in competitive than quick play.

The punishment should be more severe. Quit one game, banned for an hour. Quit two, 24 hours, Quit three in say a week, banned for the season. Completely fúcking over 5 other players shouldn't be a slap on the wrist.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm actually encountering more quitters in competitive than quick play.

The punishment should be more severe. Quit one game, banned for an hour. Quit two, 24 hours, Quit three in say a week, banned for the season. Completely fúcking over 5 other players shouldn't be a slap on the wrist.

I agree but maybe not as steep as that since people disconnect when it is out of their hands.

Just lost a match because we had some dickhead quit after losing point A on Hollywood. I hate competitive. I really do. It's a pile of garbage that people'll just up and leave like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

What do people think of Eichenwalde? Seems like a brilliant map for Bastion any time I play on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

madcabbage wrote: »
    What do people think of Eichenwalde? Seems like a brilliant map for Bastion any time I play on it.

Visually i'm a fan of the style, nice addition to the roster.

I think it's stacked a bit too much in favour of the defenders though, it's both a literal and figurative uphill struggle trying to get that second point.

It's early days though and people don't really know the flank routes and alternative options, myself included.

Someone mentioned last night that they heard a rumour that Sombra might be a game mode rather than character...to be honest i really like the sound of that. KOTH or horde mode of something...

Visually i'm a fan of the style, nice addition to the roster.

I think it's stacked a bit too much in favour of the defenders though, it's both a literal and figurative uphill struggle trying to get that second point.

It's early days though and people don't really know the flank routes and alternative options, myself included.

Someone mentioned last night that they heard a rumour that Sombra might be a game mode rather than character...to be honest i really like the sound of that. KOTH or horde mode of something...

I heard he will be a tank along the lines of Reinhard, Unit Lost on YouTube had a video about it.

Maybe he'll be able to cloak the group or something to aid retreats?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I heard he will be a tank along the lines of Reinhard.

Maybe he'll be able to cloak the group or something to aid retreats?

Are you thinking of Doomfist?

Never got too into the Sombra ARG but they seemed pretty confident it was a "she".

That being said i wouldn't mind another enormous character like Reinhardt!

• Advertisement

Was Sombra not supposed to be the AI on Winstons computer that runs the Overwatch network? Alot of theories flying around about her / said person.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was Sombra not supposed to be the AI on Winstons computer that runs the Overwatch network? Alot of theories flying around about her / said person.

No that's Athena.

Being killed by scatter-arrow just makes me want to turn the game off. It is fúcking ridiculous that a person can purposely aim at the ground and one shot you.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Being killed by scatter-arrow just makes me want to turn the game off. It is fúcking ridiculous that a person can purposely aim at the ground and one shot you.

Hanzo.... I'll just continuously spam around this corner and hope for the best... I'll just aim at the ground... I'll just fire this enormous arrow through the wall...

I do find him more annoying since the buff, but ya gotta adapt. Use a Tracer, Widowmaker or even a tank.

I do find him more annoying since the buff, but ya gotta adapt. Use a Tracer, Widowmaker or even a tank.

Since the buff it takes very little skill to hit headshots.

Its like you've a Roadhog sitting on your shoulders the hotbox is that big :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Seems to have suddenly become impossible to play solo. Couldn't get a single decent game tonight, it was all 6 clueless randos vs extremely organised opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Links234 wrote: »
    Just lost a match because we had some dickhead quit after losing point A on Hollywood. I hate competitive. I really do. It's a pile of garbage that people'll just up and leave like that.

I haven't played since the amazing troll in my game last week.

It's illios....you have to win 3 of 5.
    We win the first 2 maps 100-0...completely dominate.
    We are winning the 3rd map...we are 95-0 or something....they grab the point near the very end......guy on our team leaves the game.

We are now 5 v 6.

The lovely troll message appears.
    A player has left the game. You can leave the game WITHOUT PENALTY.....but it will count as A LOSS !!!

We battle on against the odds...but to no avail...losing that and the next map.
    By the time the 5th one rolls around and it's 2-2...we are down to 3 men.Game Over.

It was 10+ mins after he originally left, so I couldn't even remember his username to report him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

SeantheMan wrote: »

It was 10+ mins after he originally left, so I couldn't even remember his username to report him.

Scroll up the chat :D

I was on a winning streak for most of the day, was hoping to hit diamond but then i went on a losing streak of 3 then packed it in for the night.

Seems thats there is a severe dip in good players in the evening times and a large increase in trolls. Had a guy last map just playing bastion, gold gun and all, checked his profile and he has only played bastion in comp, clocking 20 hours in each season.

So i thought, ok he might be a really sick bastion, gold mini gun, 40 hours comp, we got this..

Nope, he was fucking useless, behaved like a bot to be honest. Are there bots in this game?

• Advertisement

I think I've just about given up on competitive at this point, and I'm not sure how much longer I can be bothered with the game, had a quick play match where there was absolutely zero communication whatsoever. I asked my team what they needed me as, nobody replied at all. So I just went Genji and said I can swap if you want. Still nothing. Entire match was just folks running in one at a time like lemmings. Nobody said a thing, nothing in chat at all. It was painful. But thankfully, it was over quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement