Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

nix wrote: »
    Scroll up the chat :D

It's not that easy to remember their names where they're all names like
    아이라이그색스 or rlawjdals1292 etc, you just tend to filter out their characters ID's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm playing Dva so much lately that I develop unhealthy rivalry with opposition teams Dva players. It becomes a highlander thing THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

(Dva's on my team are bae though. We can co-ordinerf this all day long)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm playing Dva so much lately that I develop unhealthy rivalry with opposition teams Dva players. It becomes a highlander thing THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

(Dva's on my team are bae though. We can co-ordinerf this all day long)

I do exactly this with Pharah. She also has a voiceline "Aerial superiority achieved!" which I fire off when I smack one out of the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

^^ So much this. Pharah vs Pharah is such a battle of wits. Until I rocket boost my head into an archway, then I'm fcuked.

Reinhardt vs Reinhardt can be frustrating though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Reinhardt vs Reinhardt can be frustrating though

I find it really satisfying with a half decent team- especially when combo'd up with Ana's ult & Rein's ult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Enemy Reinhardt charged and pinned our Reinhardt last night. I was Zenyetta so I hit him with a discord orb and blapped him in the back a couple of times. Our Reinhardt finished him with a swing of his hammer. It was fun to sneakily ruin that guy's 1v1 victory, he'd have been all like "Aha! Got you, you're dea... what's happening? Oh... feck".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Trying to heal a Reinhardt that charges a bunch of enemies and misses most of them is a pain. He's stuck there, shieldless, surrounded by enemies with his back turned for up to 2 seconds and can get melted down.

One of the hardest things to learn as Rein is holding back on the aggression. But if your team aren't playing to the shields strengths it's very tempting to just start going aggro and dying fast.

The charge is best used in short corridors and tight spaces - but it is pretty easy to miss your planned route and go sailing into the distance to get fried. I've seen some Mel's get handy with their ice wall to launch a Reinhardt(me) over their team and into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Unless he's nano-boosted, a Reinhardt that charges into a group of enemies doesn't deserve to be healed.

Surrounded by 5 enemies and on the brink of death, he'll look back at Mercy and she'll whisper: "Heroes never die....except you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Had nothing but grief from a Rein who kept charging off and dying, saying I wasn't healing, and I was a **** healer. He was a dick so I actually stopped trying to heal him for the most part and kept the Roadhog alive instead, as he was actually staying near the point.

• Advertisement

This was a great moment. Lucio thanked me later: https://gfycat.com/UnpleasantFocusedAmericanpainthorse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

New brawl is fun. Had some very close games tonight. Better than quick play

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SeantheMan wrote: »
    It's not that easy to remember their names where they're all names like
    아이라이그색스 or rlawjdals1292 etc, you just tend to filter out their characters ID's.

Very relevant to this discussion.

I managed to get myself up to Diamond somehow in competitive. People are constantly on their mics making calls. People aren't going in one by one. People are coordinating their ults. The game is far more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

5 bastions with lucio on defence is cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CptMackey wrote: »
    5 bastions with lucio on defence is cancer

Yep. I know people have wide and varied playstyles and all but I cannot see the enjoyment in just sitting in a corner and spray-and-praying for the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Bastion is a necessity on some maps when it comes to defense as much as people may not like the play style. A good Genji wouldn't be long sorting him.

Had some really good games tonight playing as Junkrat. During the mayhem at the last checkpoint push he's ridiculous fun to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Had some really good games tonight playing as Junkrat. During the mayhem at the last checkpoint push he's ridiculous fun to use.

On some maps his spam is too much.
    His trap seems to last FOREVER !....and his mine get's annoying when used as a close range explosive.
    I think it should have to be placed before being allowed to explode....or else if used in the air close range...he should take some damage too.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    On some maps his spam is too much.
    His trap seems to last FOREVER !....and his mine get's annoying when used as a close range explosive.
    I think it should have to be placed before being allowed to explode....or else if used in the air close range...he should take some damage too.

Meh... I think he has enough disadvantages that he's balanced. I've certainly never seen a Junkrat dominate a game the way other characters can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Meh... I think he has enough disadvantages that he's balanced. I've certainly never seen a Junkrat dominate a game the way other characters can.

I've come across one or two that were ridiculous but the pro-junkrat seems very rare around my level anyway.

The ones that were dominating were hyper aggressive, getting right up in your face with the mine and grenades as fast as possible.
    That or just chucking an endless stream of grenades skywards and getting splash damage so quickly they would have their ult every minute or so.

This is pretty brilliant:
    https://gfycat.com/BowedBoringGalapagoshawk
    (should have done a grenade though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm on an insane losing streak and its driving me crazy, seems every game is plagued with idiots tilted my side every game. I've gone from 2900 to 2500 in like 2 days. Its actually a horrible experience haha

How do so many bad players get to platinum? How the **** does this system work?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zillah wrote: »

What's even more a-Mei-zing brilliant, if Zarya uses her bomb just right, she'll get 6x environmental kills + a full Ult.

I'm right there with you on that losing streak - dropped from 2950ish to 2490 in the space of a week :(

I'm on an insane losing streak and its driving me crazy, seems every game is plagued with idiots tilted my side every game. I've gone from 2900 to 2500 in like 2 days. Its actually a horrible experience haha

Had one of those moments last week, couldn't get a win no matter how hard I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Almost got the trophy for 4 kills with Zenyetta got triple kill then no one could help me get another :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I went through the exact same, couldn't buy a win. I think the system is designed so that you pretty much win/lose 50% of your games, as I had gone on a winning streak before the losing streak.

I think the only way to "beat" this is to group up with people.

Benzino wrote: »
    I think the system is designed so that you pretty much win/lose 50% of your games

This is kind of inevitable given that the system is designed to match you with and against people of comparable skill level. Not a conspiracy so much as a natural result of balanced games.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »

Was wondering had someone pulled that off, you see alot of Lucios bopping people into that well or Roadhoggs hooking ya into it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement