Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

madcabbage wrote: »
    Was wondering had someone pulled that off, you see alot of Lucios bopping people into that well or Roadhoggs hooking ya into it. :)

I enjoy nothing more than Pharah-booping people into that hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zillah wrote: »
    I enjoy nothing more than Pharah-booping people into that hole.

Or a Junkrat mine on a wall.

The hole's the goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I got a clean sweep around it with D.Va's boost before and popped a Hog, Rein and Lucio into it. Was well chuffed.

I find if playing as D.Va against a team with a half decent Roadhog on it, who's hooking into the pit, it's as well to take full frontal tank duties and boost out every time you're popped in. Roadhog tends to love grabbing D'Va's so it's a great bait.

Whoever posted the link the Reddit Overwatch University a few days back - Thanks a mil, it's been a great resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I always have to pick either Lucio, Pharah or Roadhog on Illios. It's the only thing that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hate Ilios with a passion. Such an awful map,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This is kind of inevitable given that the system is designed to match you with and against people of comparable skill level. Not a conspiracy so much as a natural result of balanced games.

When I played sc2 online back in the day I would see pretty much same behaviour as people see in overwatch. I woukd have streaks of wins amd then I would be pinned against people I just could not stand a chance. I was pretty sure they were Koreans :pac:
    I guess the hidden skill level just goes above bracket threshold and starts putting you in to higher tier of opponents. You get sadomised amd you go back to your tier where you can get your wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This is kind of inevitable given that the system is designed to match you with and against people of comparable skill level. Not a conspiracy so much as a natural result of balanced games.

Yeah I get that, but it seems they pair you with complete idiots, at least that's my experience ha.

Ah yeah, we definitely need 4 offensive characters while defending.... :(

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah I get that, but it seems they pair you with complete idiots, at least that's my experience ha.

Ah yeah, we definitely need 4 offensive characters while defending.... :(

The worst is when defending, there's 4 of them moving the payload and they're just a few meters from the goal

The tank on your team runs after their Lucio away from the payload
    Your defense players are either dead and waiting to respawn or are sniping from behind cover
    Your offense are shooting from a distance and not hitting a thing because they're too afraid of getting hit themselves
    Meanwhile, their team are just walking the f*cking thing in

GET TO THE PAYLOAD AND STOP THE F*CKING PAYLOAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Penn wrote: »
    The worst is when defending, there's 4 of them moving the payload and they're just a few meters from the goal

The tank on your team runs after their Lucio away from the payload
    Your defense players are either dead and waiting to respawn or are sniping from behind cover
    Your offense are shooting from a distance and not hitting a thing because they're too afraid of getting hit themselves
    Meanwhile, their team are just walking the f*cking thing in

I had a Kings Road game like that, was over in about a minute and a half. The rest of my team was all over the map chasing guys while they a Reinhardt and Bastion turret on the payload and sailed to the end while I tried in vain to single handedly stop them. Afterwards one of my team was like "wow, they're so good!"

No buddy they just understand how the game is played!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Penn wrote: »

This should appear on screen similar to the Player Left message. People just don't seem to get it.

Another annoying thing that is creeping in is people using "Thanks" when they die. Reinhardt, if you charge into a room full with the other team without any warning, you only have yourself to blame.

• Advertisement

A reaper or genji pushing the payload irritates me. I'm sure they think they are doing the right thing but they are better served elsewhere.

A reaper or genji pushing the payload irritates me. I'm sure they think they are doing the right thing but they are better served elsewhere.

It nearly can't be made any more obvious

Offense - Ahead of the payload causing distraction and killing enemies before they can reach the payload to stop it
    Defense - Behind the payload keeping it clear of any enemies who flank etc and reach the payload
    Tank/Healer - With the payload keeping it moving, absorbing fire so defense can help pick off anyone who stops the payload

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Except the rest of the team tend to be to busy running after the enemy team trying to kill them instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I find Genji on the payload is handy especially if its an ovetime situation and you're buying time for your team to get back into the fight. He's a nightmare to hit if you constantly double jumping around the payload.

Symmetra on attack. Why? She is the square root of useless.

And even on maps where you're defending capture points, she's pointless after you lose the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

J. Marston wrote: »
    Symmetra on attack. Why? She is the square root of useless.

And even on maps where you're defending capture points, she's pointless after you lose the first one.

Her orbs are good for taking the attention of Rheinhardt if there's one sitting back in defense. Also not bad for flushing out sniping vantages.

That said, very few people I've seen using her in offence does either of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

She can be good if you've got a well balanced, well played team apart from her - Cutting off flanking points and supplimenting a Reinhardt's fire strikes against an opposing Reinhardt so when the hammer finally drops there's one less tank/shield to worry about. But saying that, I'd prefer just about any other support character.

Is there a Boards.ie community for PSN/Overwatch/etc for organising some teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

OldBean wrote: »
    She can be good if you've got a well balanced, well played team apart from her - Cutting off flanking points and supplimenting a Reinhardt's fire strikes against an opposing Reinhardt so when the hammer finally drops there's one less tank/shield to worry about. But saying that, I'd prefer just about any other support character.

I could imagine her being good on console up close where aiming is harder. It can be hard enough to kill her on PC when she's jumping around your face...her weapon ramps up so quickly and outputs serious damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

OldBean wrote: »

There's a PS4 chat group I can add you to, if you want. Has about 40 people presently

It's been pretty inactive over the last week because of the Destiny expansion and the fact that many are playing that atm instead.

PM me or or post your PSN here if you'd like to be added. It's sure to pick up again soon once new content is exhausted in Destiny

Is anyone playing Brawl Arcade? Hoy **** those matches are cluster****s! It's like the old deathmatch days. A fun little diversion for 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is anyone playing Brawl Arcade? Hoy **** those matches are cluster****s! It's like the old deathmatch days. A fun little diversion for 20 minutes.

Mei ruins the whole thing.

All of Overwatch? I agree :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

She's become a bit of a nightmare again.

Came up a against a few teams with decent Mei's in competitive last night and just got wrecked. Hard to counter, especially as she often has a bit of healing or a Reaper/D.va to back her up.

That's really true actually. Trying to stop a payload against 4 Mei players. Freeze/ice heal/Freeze/ice heal all the way across the map.

I managed a good few games with no Mei and it was hectic fun for a bit. Kinda showed what a good job they've done balancing the main game tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I've started using Mei a good bit myself recently.

Being able to single handedly demolish tanks is wacky and the ice block is such a handy "Whoops, this isn't going well. *POP* Never mind, i'm grand now :D" move.

Came across someone on the Korean servers today . Silver emblem with 2 stars. I think it's 800+ .....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Came across someone on the Korean servers today . Silver emblem with 2 stars. I think it's 800+ .....

The highest I've seen is level 64 with four bronze stars .

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I've started using Mei a good bit myself recently.

Being able to single handedly demolish tanks is wacky and the ice block is such a handy "Whoops, this isn't going well. *POP* Never mind, i'm grand now :D" move.

I think she's the ultimate tank buster in the game. She can pretty much go toe-to-toe with any tank and come out on top.

One of the best things about her is that she's such an annoying character for people that she can bait rage ultimates and then completely negate them.

A-Mei-Zing!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The highest I've seen is level 64 with four bronze stars .

There were 2 others in their 400s :P

NKNhbHH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think she's the ultimate tank buster in the game. She can pretty much go toe-to-toe with any tank and come out on top.

One of the best things about her is that she's such an annoying character for people that she can bait rage ultimates and then completely negate them.

A-Mei-Zing!

That's one of my favourite tactics with her :D

/someone charges ahead of their team
    /ice wall behind them
    /casually stroll up and freeze them whilst they are trying fruitlessly to back up in utter confusion
    /ice spike to to face

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement