Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wow -75% XP for 9 games for leaving a few unranked games, this system is ridiculous I leave at the start of games because I have to go or something happens..

Yeah you can argue that I am doing damage to my team however this is unranked so it shouldn't make a difference... People replace me when I leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wow -75% XP for 9 games for leaving a few unranked games, this system is ridiculous I leave at the start of games because I have to go or something happens..

Yeah you can argue that I am doing damage to my team however this is unranked so it shouldn't make a difference... People replace me when I leave?

How many games are you leaving to get that. Must have been a fair few or you were reported

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How many games are you leaving to get that. Must have been a fair few or you were reported

Rarely any, I play a hell of a lot of games each day and barely leave I assumed there would be nothing wrong with leaving at the start of a game... The system is an absolute joke, it doesn't even go -25% etc it just went straight to -75% XP which pretty much makes the game worthless even trying to win for the next 10 games...

Unranked games have no effect in any other game, you don't get banned, penalised or anything for leaving an unranked game of Rocket League... People play unranked just for fun, I understand that this makes sense for Ranked games, but unranked is an absolute joke...

Rarely any, I play a hell of a lot of games each day and barely leave I assumed there would be nothing wrong with leaving at the start of a game... The system is an absolute joke, it doesn't even go -25% etc it just went straight to -75% XP which pretty much makes the game worthless even trying to win for the next 10 games...

Unranked games have no effect in any other game, you don't get banned, penalised or anything for leaving an unranked game of Rocket League... People play unranked just for fun, I understand that this makes sense for Ranked games, but unranked is an absolute joke...

Are you the guy that got the really long ban for leaving competitive games? I recgonise your username. Maybe it's something carrying over from that?

Are you the guy that got the really long ban for leaving competitive games? I recgonise your username. Maybe it's something carrying over from that?

Yeah, that was due to my internet acting up but it hasn't had much problems since that... I always finish the games even if I am lagging... It's like I get penalised just for playing the game so much...

• Advertisement

Yeah, that was due to my internet acting up but it hasn't had much problems since that... I always finish the games even if I am lagging... It's like I get penalised just for playing the game so much...

I just had a read of the rules regarding leaving, found here

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745234477#post-6

And it doesn't match what your saying. It's clearly stated there that once your leave % hits a certain point you will be warned, after the warning if you continue you leave you will get the 75% XP deduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Easy way to fix that. Don't leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Harika

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749387210#post-9

Kaplan adds into the leaver because internet connection debate

Harika wrote: »
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749387210#post-9

Kaplan adds into the leaver because internet connection debate

Couldn't agree with him more... Although maybe playing with 5 might be better than a 6 with a crap randomer playing Hanzo :angry:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Yeah, don't leave. And if you can't commit the 10 mins or so, then don't play. It sucks, competitive or not, to have a key player leaving and if they're not replaced straight away or replaced by someone on a lower skill level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Server DDOS doesn't seem to be abating anytime soon :(

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Server DDOS doesn't seem to be abating anytime soon :(

This would affect everyone, not just one person.

This would affect everyone, not just one person.

It's just affecting the time spent waiting (or so it seems).

Games are taking 2-3mins to fill up for me.

*edit*
    And sometimes the game will disconnect from the servers.
    Hard to tell if that's Blizzard or UPC/Virgin though :(

I was getting terribly laggy games last night. Unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Absolutely no server trouble for me with this game at all. Maybe, maybe, I find myself sitting in skirmish for a minute or two longer in the last day or two but I probably wouldn't have even noticed unless someone said something.

No server issues so far, and 45 seconds to 2 minutes waiting time are quite acceptable I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was soooo close to getting the basketball in the hoop. It actually bounced on the hoop 3 times.

*makes "noooo" gesture*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Was soooo close to getting the basketball in the hoop. It actually bounced on the hoop 3 times.

*makes "noooo" gesture*

Could take the easy way out and use Symettra.

*makes "noooo" gesture*

I did it last night!
    There's no Achievement for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Ah no, really? Just the fireworks?

I was sure there'd be a hidden award for it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Competitive play is driving me to distraction. I had four games last night where two people left the team after losing the first point. Why even bother playing if that's going to be your attitude?? It would be nice if a team that had drop outs got a little buff in attack damage for the players that stay or something. 4 v 6 is just murder otherwise.

The games where everyone stayed in were great fun though. I find it quite hard to go back to quick play now after spending time with proper tight teams.

I think the leavers should be punished, the game continues as normal, and if the outnumbered team looses, it doesn't loose MMR.

I think the leavers should be punished, the game continues as normal, and if the outnumbered team looses, it doesn't loose MMR.

My take on it would be to punish the leaver even more by issuing longer bans.

Maybe if there was a situation where one player leaves off your team your team looses no SR but a loss is recorded. This would have to be restricted to stop parties abusing it as if they are loosing they get one person to leave to stop them loosing skill rank.

Another thing that might work is match leavers with other leavers. Say you've left 20 games this season, well then pair that person with people of similar stats. After a while they will get the picture and it might encourage them to remain in games.

My take on it would be to punish the leaver even more by issuing longer bans.

Maybe if there was a situation where one player leaves off your team your team looses no SR but a loss is recorded. This would have to be restricted to stop parties abusing it as if they are loosing they get one person to leave to stop them loosing skill rank.

I think the latter can be stopped by marking someone as leaver and they may not sign up in a group for X hours in competitive, if a group so has to wait to play again this might dis-encourage them to abuse the system. It still might happen but even if you have to wait one hour it might take the majority of cases away.

The system is perfect imo

It's not perfect. People who leave are not been punished enough and will keep on leaving because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

How is it perfect? There's little disincentive for leavers. Half my games recently have been dogged by people just dropping out.

I haven't experienced what you are talking about. 99% of my games end with all players still in it.

I haven't experienced what you are talking about. 99% of my games end with all players still in it.

If I'm in solo play someone will leave maybe once every five games.

More often if we loose the first point quickly.

• Advertisement

Guess it is my ISP (UPC/Virgin).

Random disconnects every night.

I don't even dare play Competitive anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement