Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Guess it is my ISP (UPC/Virgin).

Random disconnects every night.

I don't even dare play Competitive anymore.

Hardline or wifi?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

There is a very simple solution which I'm surprised is not implemented; allow backfills BUT the backfill can't lose points (or only lose 25% to avoid trolling or similar). Suddenly backfill is not an issue if you're the one and both team will still fight 6 vs. 6 (yes the team losing one player is at a slight disadvantage until the backfill is there to fight).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zillah wrote: »
    Hardline or wifi?

Powerline.

Our wifi is also cutting out randomly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The cold cruelty here is astounding

https://twitter.com/sad_ryu/status/783451255234523136

fixxxer wrote: »

Bitch deserves no less. How many people has she looked in the eye before executing with a shot to the skull?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bitch deserves no less. How many people has she looked in the eye before executing with a shot to the skull?

You have to let it go...

I am having horrendous connection issues this evening. Lag spikes, dropped from server.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

J. Marston wrote: »

cant...stop...laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5dBi67o3g4

Looks like there's Halloween themed content on the way according to leaks.

New skins?

Xso2qRHl.jpg

I want that Witch Mercy skin.

• Advertisement

C'mon Blizzard, just let us buy the skins already...

C'mon Blizzard, just let us buy the skins already...

But then you'll only buy one. What they want is to take advantage of the addictive quality of the loot boxes and keep you rolling again and again.

I saw one guy on Reddit say he spent $120 trying to get a specific skin for Zarya. Never got it. They don't want you and me to spend a couple euro here or there. They want vulnerable people who make bad decisions to spend hundreds or thousands chasing something they might never get.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I saw one guy on Reddit say he spent $120 trying to get a specific skin for Zarya. Never got it. They don't want you and me to spend a couple euro here or there. They want vulnerable people who make bad decisions to spend hundreds or thousands chasing something they might never get.
    All the halloween items can be bought with the in game currency.

I'm quite happy with how skins work in this game. I like that you can't buy/sell. People are just playing the game and not waffling on about trading.

Nody wrote: »
    All the halloween items can be bought with the in game currency.

Where did you see this?

Surprising considering how much money they probably made from the summer loot boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

madcabbage wrote: »
    Looks like there's Halloween themed content on the way according to leaks.

VFyqajg.jpg

Seems so, leaked pic of what is meant to be Sombra, note the text on top reads:
    Protect the castle doors from the Zomnics and Dr. Junkensteins evil allies.

Try your hand at three different difficulties - the harder the difficulty, the more points you can earn!

Must be the Halloween game mode ala Lucioball. No idea what the "points" references, maybe its like regular xp, or could they be used to purchase the Halloween themed gear?

J. Marston wrote: »
    New skins?

Xso2qRHl.jpg

I want that Witch Mercy skin.

Ditto, from the first second they showed the pic of her and Tjorborn in the Winston cinematic.

Is anyone else getting really bad connections lately? I went from perfect to constant disconnects overnight. It's been like that for days now. Even direct pings to Blizzard servers show poor connectivity. But pings to google's DNS, for example, are perfect. Are their servers just crap or under ddos at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Is anyone else getting really bad connections lately? I went from perfect to constant disconnects overnight. It's been like that for days now. Even direct pings to Blizzard servers show poor connectivity. But pings to google's DNS, for example, are perfect. Are their servers just crap or under ddos at the moment?
    I think they're all under ddosof some sort. They mentioned it on D3

It seems weird that it only affects me in any given game though. I frequently get killed during a lag spike, which means the other players were obviously not having any issues at that moment.

It seems weird that it only affects me in any given game though. I frequently get killed during a lag spike, which means the other players were obviously not having any issues at that moment.
    Are you also on UPC/Virgin?

• Advertisement

Are you also on UPC/Virgin?

I am. Is there some sort of routing nonsense going on? I've tried doing a tracert to Blizzard servers but I don't really know how to interpret what I see. It reaches a blizzard server no problem after five or six hops, and then has a series of timed out asterixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm on Virgin in Sandyford and have packet loss for a while.

Go over to the Talk To forum to report your issue. The more, the merrier.

I might start my own thread tonight and post tracert results. I have no connection issues whatsoever. I'm connected via powerline and get constant steady pings of 10ms to google DNS while Overwatch freezes and disconnects.

Ah, never mind then.

Before I got packet loss, I was getting disconnected despite having a stable connection. I just turned the graphical detail down slightly and the problems went away. Give that a try, just in case

Ah, never mind then.

Before I got packet loss, I was getting disconnected despite having a stable connection. I just turned the graphical detail down slightly and the problems went away. Give that a try, just in case

I can try...but I've a solid 144 fps - definitely not visual lag.

I might start my own thread tonight and post tracert results. I have no connection issues whatsoever. I'm connected via powerline and get constant steady pings of 10ms to google DNS while Overwatch freezes and disconnects.

I'm having an issue where periodically, every site except Google, youtube & Facebook stops working.

Could you try pinging a different DNS?

I can try...but I've a solid 144 fps - definitely not visual lag.

Same with me. I was running at 4k capped at 60fps. Reduced to 2560x1440 and the problems went away. Found the suggestion in a blue post somewhere, dated July.

Same with me. I was running at 4k capped at 60fps. Reduced to 2560x1440 and the problems went away. Found the suggestion in a blue post somewhere, dated July.

I'm on 1080 so not really a good idea to go lower. I could try 720 just as a test. I do note that render multiplier is set to 150% on ultra so it's effectively rendering much higher. I might try 100% and see if that is a workaround for this nonsensical bug.
    I'm having an issue where periodically, every site except Google, youtube & Facebook stops working.

Could you try pinging a different DNS?

How bizarre. Sounds like an issue internal to Virgin's network? I can't imagine another explanation for that. I wonder if telling Windows to use a different DNS could work? I don't think I changed it from default so I imagine it is using a Virgin DNS? I don't know a huge amount about this sort of stuff.

How bizarre. Sounds like an issue internal to Virgin's network? I can't imagine another explanation for that. I wonder if telling Windows to use a different DNS could work? I don't think I changed it from default so I imagine it is using a Virgin DNS? I don't know a huge amount about this sort of stuff.

I've tried both:
    * Setting my PC to use OpenDNS // GoogleDNS
    * Setting the router to do the same

Didn't resolve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

This game can be either one of the best I've ever played or utterly infuriating depending on the team you get. Been all quick play for me so far (just on level 24 now) but I haven't once got a game with microphones or any communication at all. I bought a gaming headset for this game dammit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement