Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The new brawl is excellent, makes me wish for more PvE missions like this in the future.

Watched a YouTube clip of it there a while ago and it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The new brawl is excellent, makes me wish for more PvE missions like this in the future.

I cannot find a server. Just sits there searching for a game forever. I find it hard to believe they can't find three other people that want to play too.
    EDIT: Ok, got to play. That's pretty great. It just seems to take a long time to find a game for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

They really missed a trick not giving Winston a zombie Harambe costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

fixxxer wrote: »

...........not really.

Some of the skins seem pretty uninspired, the likes of Pharah and Hanzo etc

Can you purchase them with coins or are they like Summer ones where we have to hope for random drops ? ...also...will we be able to continue to use the skins after the event ?

Blizzard once again taking inspiration from TF2. Basically looks like a Mann Vs Machine with zombies instead of robots. (hopefully they have GIANT zombies or the chars too like MVM had).
    Is it only the 1 map ? I'm nearly sure TF2 released 3-4 maps when they did their event.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You can buy them with coins but triple the price.

I was hoping they'd treat the summer games stuff like that too but they're still locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The internet flipped the f*ck out over Tracers ass. The SJWs would literally burn Blizzard to the ground if they did that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The skin drop rate however is through the roof; in 42 boxes I've picked up 3 out of 4 legendary and 6 out of 8 epic skins from Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nody wrote: »
    The skin drop rate however is through the roof; in 42 boxes I've picked up 3 out of 4 legendary and 6 out of 8 epic skins from Halloween.

Did you buy these boxes or had 42 saved up for some reason ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you buy these boxes or had 42 saved up for some reason ?
    Can't save them up as they are a different category of boxes so previous boxes would be the "old" boxes; 40 bought, 1 for free and 1 from leveling up last night.

lol did you just spend 80 euro on in-game cosmetic items?

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    lol did you just spend 80 euro on in-game cosmetic items?
    40 EUR and hell yes; compared to going downtown Dublin and pissing away twice the amount at least I get to keep the result :P

So far I have about 80 hours game play; that alone is value for money compared to movies, competitions etc. on a per hour basis and that's assuming I stop playing right this moment.

40 EUR and hell yes; compared to going downtown Dublin and pissing away twice the amount at least I get to keep the result :P

So far I have about 80 hours game play; that alone is value for money compared to movies, competitions etc. on a per hour basis and that's assuming I stop playing right this moment.

I was hesitant about buying as I didn't really like the look of the game on YouTube videos.

Had money left over on my Singapore account so splashed out on and and love it.

The game is holding its value very well and very few sale on it.

Oh right, I was looking at the price for one. Did you buy five boxes eight times?

Of course don't forget what you paid for the game itself, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I bought some crates aswell, i'm not playing it much lately after jumping into wow, so know i wouldnt get many crates otherwise. And i really wanted the S76 and Roadhog skins, i wouldnt have bought as many crates if i had known i could have bought the skins with coin, thought it was like the olympic skins :(

I have no problem with buying skins on games like this, it will be around for years. Now buying cosmetics on a call of duty or a battlefield game, now thats crazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

To be fair, nobody has to justify what they spend their money on to strangers on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I spent €20 for (i think) 24 loot boxes on PS4 for the Summer Games. Can see myself doing something similar here :)

Zillah wrote: »
    Oh right, I was looking at the price for one. Did you buy five boxes eight times?

Of course don't forget what you paid for the game itself, too.
    One set of 40 boxes :)

And the game I'd buy no matter what (short of WoW expansions as I've given up on it several years ago) as it's a Blizzard release. I'll buy Diablo 4 once released as I did with each Starcraft 2 and expansion etc. as well :)

To date I don't think there has been a Blizzard game I've not played and enjoyed (even if I may suck badly at them such as HoTS). Every time there is a new pack like this I'd buy 40 boxes (or more) and similar with Hearthstone expansions because I know I'll enjoy the games overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The new Brawl is actually quiet fun a group of 4 tbh, had a good laugh with it last night.
    Normally I only play the Brawls once cause they are a bit "meh" but this one is quiet cool :)

Cormac... wrote: »
    The new Brawl is actually quiet fun a group of 4 tbh, had a good laugh with it last night.
    Normally I only play the Brawls once cause they are a bit "meh" but this one is quiet cool :)
    I liked it but I'd have preferred if they had used more of the map (i.e. you defeat a wave and then need to pull back / push forward kind of thing). Also very dependent on getting a half decent Hanzo / Ana (had an Ana who did no healing and only zoomed in sniping...).

I liked it but I'd have preferred if they had used more of the map (i.e. you defeat a wave and then need to pull back / push forward kind of thing). Also very dependent on getting a half decent Hanzo / Ana (had an Ana who did no healing and only zoomed in sniping...).

Press the "NEED HEALING" button to annoy them on screen pop-ups :pac:

• Advertisement

Press the "NEED HEALING" button to annoy them on screen pop-ups :pac:

It's a little known fact that the best way to make friends with a Mercy player is before the level starts, stand in front of them and spam the I NEED HEALING option over and over again. They need to feel needed.

It's a little known fact that the best way to make friends with a Mercy player is before the level starts, stand in front of them and spam the I NEED HEALING option over and over again. They need to feel needed.
    Personally I simply try to die at their feet so they can build up the ress count for the PoTG instead.

Personally I simply try to die at their feet so they can build up the ress count for the PoTG instead.

Speaking of PotG!

https://youtu.be/rEOJBBeYaBo

Sweet.

Looks like packet loss. Welcome to the party, pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's weird, Normal Brawl feels almost too easy, while Hard Mode feels nearly impossible.

I wonder if they have other modes planned for the rest of the month.

Just splashed out on 24 loot boxes.

Only popped a few but got the Anna Ghoul Skin and the Junkenstien Skin :pac:

Now just need the Roadhog, Mercy and Reaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I spent 3k I had saved up on Mercy's witch skin.

The only other thing I want now is Mei's halloween highlight intro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I have never bought any cosmetic dlc before for any console or PC game but I'm trying to convince myself not to spend money on these loot boxes. Damn you Blizzard

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I have never bought any cosmetic dlc before for any console or PC game but I'm trying to convince myself not to spend money on these loot boxes. Damn you Blizzard

Im enjoying the game and seeing as we get free characters and maps I don't mind supporting the developers.

Still want Mercy, Roadhog, Reinhard and Reaper skin though so if I don't get those ranking up normally I'll buy another few boxes :pac:

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Stay strong brother

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement