Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Stay strong brother

But I just found out that the Pharah possessed skin has loads of glowing highlights :(

How am I supposed to resist that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Zillah wrote: »
    But I just found out that the Pharah possessed skin has loads of glowing highlights :(

How am I supposed to resist that?

It is Glorious

I really like a lot of the Halloween skin, Junkenstein/Mercy/Reaper being favourites.

A shame Dva didn't get anything.

Mercy one isn't anything special imo

Reinhardit was the first one that stuck out for me. The glowing head reminded me of something out of Warcraft

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Reinhardit was the first one that stuck out for me. The glowing head reminded me of something out of Warcraft
    Mercy's skin is the best to date for her imo; same with Roadhog.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mercy skin so good it's causing break ups :D

https://ud.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/57fc3m/my_22m_girlfriend_21f_demanded_i_remove_a/
    Posting here to get some feedback about this situation. I really do not see the big deal about it, so I'm hoping someone can give me some insight.
    My girlfriend and I have been together for 7 months and she is the first person I've ever had a relationship with. We have not had any big fights or arguments before.
    The new Overwatch Halloween update came out recently and there are 3 different menus that you can get with different characters on them. I took screenshots of all 3 and set them as my desktop wallpapers and they change once every 30 minutes.
    One of the characters is a female who is in a Witch costume. Girlfriend saw it and demanded that I remove it immediately. At first I thought she was joking because this is a video game character and she had her phone wallpaper as Tom Ellis from Lucifer for a month and that did not bug me one bit.
    Once I realized that she was in fact not kidding and I stopped laughing and this is the conversation that happened. Paraphrasing as I do not remember word for word.
    Me: "You're kidding right? There's no way I'm changing it."
    Her: "No, I am not kidding! Why would you set that as your background? Are you trying to upset me?"
    Me: "No. Why would that upset you? It's a video game character."
    Her: "It upsets me because her clothing is super revealing and the fact that you're going to look at it whenever you're at your computer!"
    Me: "It cycles between her, a guy with a pumpkin head and two other guys. So I wouldn't be looking at her 'all day'.."
    Her: "Then remove her and leave the other two!"
    Me: "No."
    She then told me I'm an ass and left my apartment. This was almost 5 hours ago and I have not heard from her since.
    So am I being unreasonable about not removing this wallpaper or am I right about this not being a big deal?
    Super confused right now.
    tl;dr: Girlfriend does not like that I have a female video game character as my desktop wallpaper, demanded I remove it and I said no. She left and I haven't heard from her.
    Yeah, after ~10 hours and reading these comments I've made my decision on how to proceed.
    I do not want to be in a relationship where something stupid like this turns into a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cormac... wrote: »
    Mercy skin so good it's causing break ups :D

I've shown my girlfriend Overwatch, then shown her some of the female chars.
    Then showed her the one I think she looks like most (D.VA).
    Then asked her what she'd think about ordering a nice costume off amazon or cosplaying as her....:rolleyes:
    Unfortunately I've not convinced her yet....but we're still together.:P

I still have 2 weeks till Halloween !!:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I've shown my girlfriend Overwatch, then shown her some of the female chars.
    Then showed her the one I think she looks like most (D.VA).
    Then asked her what she'd think about ordering a nice costume off amazon or cosplaying as her....:rolleyes:
    Unfortunately I've not convinced her yet....but we're still together.:P

I still have 2 weeks till Halloween !!:D:pac:

So you told her she looks like a massive robot :pac:

How about this one?

https://imgur.com/27eH85B

Lads this is incredible

http://www.trumpisnotateamplayer.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's such a rarity for me but there's no worse feeling than when you're having a great game personally but lumped with a pack of idiots.

Had a game with Tracer where I was shredding the other teams healers and constantly turning the rest of their team around to chase me but the people I was with literally couldn't hit people who weren't even looking at them. A Reinhardt drops his shield to turn around and amble towards me, shoot him in the back maybe? Nah, no chance.

Infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Anyone else Solo Q'ing in comp?

Just curious as to what your experiences have been so far. I've only gotten to 2254 as a season high then ended up going on a terrible run.

Overall it's been a mixed bag. Particularly at the lower regions of the gold tier, people insisting on picking a sym or bastion on attack.. on a control point map -___-

Thankfully, I'm moving back to where I was, where teamchat and composition are considered.

I solo que, started off at 2600 and worked my way up to 3100. Gonna have enough for a golden gun at the end of the season now so I don't play comp that much anymore since the teams are very same-y 90% of the time (Zarya/Reinhardt/Two healers/whatever else).

Quick-play is more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

^^ - I found teams to be somewhat varied, it's usually 2/2/2, unless you have some lunatic picking hanzo/genji. I'm all for that as long as they are good. Then again I'm down the lower parts so teams have a bit of a scatter gun approach.

Had an amazing game with randomers where we steam rolled the enemy. All six grouped up and had five or six more games together. This game is such a joy when you've got people with decent personalities.

"Do you want to play damage? I was damage last game."
    "No you go ahead, I'm happy to heal."

This is run by the Nuisance Committee, who apparently are organised by Cards Against Humanity, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Had a weird run of games yesterday. Would get steamrolled in a 2/2/2 pick where our team seemed to do everything right on paper, but next game would have a silly team comp (e.g. widow/bastion instapick on attack) that would end up steamrolling the game ourselves.

It's almost as if the progamer holy grail of team composition isn't the glorious dictate of god that people act like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Zillah wrote: »
    It's almost as if the progamer holy grail of team composition isn't the glorious dictate of god that people act like it is.

Of course it's not in quickplay. Due to skill level on certain champs, communication and many more reasons.
    Pro teams consist of people who are highly skilled in a specific type of champ and chain ults and communicate on the highest level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Major balance changes coming shortly; Force went through and commented on the full list.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Nody wrote: »
    Major balance changes coming shortly; Force went through and commented on the full list.

Just to note that Blizzard did say that they intend the PTR to much more of a testing ground going forward - previously any changes in the PTR made it into the live game whereas in the future there is likely to be a lot more wild buffs/nerfs in the PTR which will be honed on feedback.

Even then they are less likely to go live.

Still - the changes they've made are pretty drastic!

• Advertisement

In work so its webfiltered. Any shorthand list of what's changing?

fixxxer wrote: »

All Ultis now take 25% longer to charge.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ult nerf by 25% as noted; Soldier 76 damage up to 20 vs 17 per shot but more bloom. 10% heal nerf on Lucio, +100 armor hp on D'Va and 25% faster moving speed when shooting on the top of my head.

Ult nerf by 25% as noted; Soldier 76 damage up to 21 vs 18 per shot but more bloom. 10% heal nerf on Lucio, +100 armor hp on D'Va and 25% faster moving speed when shooting on the top of my head.

That all sounds pretty positive. I can go back to playing Dva again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Jesus? D-Va is going to be even more of a monster! 25% movement speed?!!

I think D.Va's defense martix is imbalanced. That needs to be nerfed with this buff.

I think D.Va's defense martix is imbalanced. That needs to be nerfed with this buff.

Why do you think it's unbalanced?

It doesn't last that long and I can still shoot her feet because it doesn't block damage that low.

Torbjorn builds scrap passively now too and Ana's Nano Boost no longer increases movement speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

J. Marston wrote: »
    Torbjorn builds scrap passively now too and Ana's Nano Boost no longer increases movement speed.

As in Torby does not have to go out of his way to collect scrap now?

• Advertisement

Oh really

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement