Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

fixxxer wrote: »
    Oh really

Actually lolled at that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

As in Torby does not have to go out of his way to collect scrap now?
    Builds scrap passively over time and can pick up but the pick up is worth 40% less scrap value so he's guaranteed to be able to throw out armor packs even if the team fails to kill people / can't pick it up. Also hammer got a speed boost and damage decrease to maintain DPM (but will build/repair tower faster?).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Did people have serious issues with connection last night or something? 8 out 10 games I joined as a backfill and we won 5 of those so clearly not a case of unwinnable games either and this morning the streak continues along those lines.

I am still having a horrible time in season 2. If anyone wants a good healer/tank/widow/dva let me know. I could do with a few wins. The guys I usually play with on boards have defected to Destiny for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I am still having a horrible time in season 2. If anyone wants a good healer/tank/widow/dva let me know. I could do with a few wins. The guys I usually play with on boards have defected to Destiny for the time being.

What platform you on?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What platform you on?

PS4 man

PSN ID DeadlyByDesign1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I only come on wasted at like 3am and I dont see you. Is there something you can do to resolve that?

Cormac... wrote: »
    I only come on wasted at like 3am and I dont see you. Is there something you can do to resolve that?

He could wear a Hi Vis jacket:pac:

Cormac... wrote: »

Sorry buddy! Setting my alarm for 2:30am in future so I can catch you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Managed to scrape into diamond - god bless solo queue.

Not sure why i have more luck than in groups of 2/3/6, but it certainly seemed a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm starting to play a lot as Lucio now seeing as teams never seems to have a healer. He's pretty fun to play as! I like the style of offensive healing, I could never adapt to Mercy and her shneaking around. I wish I could figure out a way to make his wall run useful. Oh and that teams were a bit more conscious of protecting their healer :-/

I'm starting to play a lot as Lucio now seeing as teams never seems to have a healer. He's pretty fun to play as! I like the style of offensive healing, I could never adapt to Mercy and her shneaking around. I wish I could figure out a way to make his wall run useful. Oh and that teams were a bit more conscious of protecting their healer :-/

I love the awkward stand off on character select screen when there is 2 people left and no one has picked healer yet. Meh I like Mercy though so can't complain. Lucio I can't handle and prob never will.

I main Lucio. When nobody needs a heal always stay on speed boost as your team can move around a bit faster and are harder to hit.

I like to wall run over and behind an enemy Reinhard and book him back into to middle of my team.

I main Lucio. When nobody needs a heal always stay on speed boost as your team can move around a bit faster and are harder to hit.

I like to wall run over and behind an enemy Reinhard and book him back into to middle of my team.

That makes sense. I had been speed boosting everyone to the battle and then staying on healing, but it might be worth trying getting more speed boost in there. Bastion players are always so happy when you boost them, its adorable.

That makes sense. I had been speed boosting everyone to the battle and then staying on healing, but it might be worth trying getting more speed boost in there. Bastion players are always so happy when you boost them, its adorable.

Beep Bop Booo :pac:

On payload maps amp up speed boost if there are no enemies around when your moving the payload. Might get you an extra few feet.

Another thing I try is when I pop my Ulti is to pop either a speed/heal boost straight away after to help block/dodge any extra damage coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Beep Bop Booo :pac:

On payload maps amp up speed boost if there are no enemies around when your moving the payload. Might get you an extra few feet.

Another thing I try is when I pop my Ulti is to pop either a speed/heal boost straight away after to help block/dodge any extra damage coming in.
    I like popping Soundbarrier whenever an enemy Reaper suddenly appears in our midst.
    The amount of death blossoms you can essentially cancel is great.

Also on Nepal once a while back I managed to knock a Reaper into the hole while he was doing his ult and saved the team.
    "DIE DIE DIIIEEEEEE-uuuuuugh!"
    I generally main Lucio and Mercy depending on the map, gametype and whether we're attacking or defending.
    Haven't played in a bit might try and get back into it.

Anyone here manage The Floor Is Lava Achievement/Trophy?

here manage The Floor Is Lava Achievement/Trophy?

Looks easy enough :-/

https://gfycat.com/NeighboringBowedFattaileddunnart

I'd have it by now if wallriding wasn't required.

I like popping Soundbarrier whenever an enemy Reaper suddenly appears in our midst.
    The amount of death blossoms you can essentially cancel is great.

Also on Nepal once a while back I managed to knock a Reaper into the hole while he was doing his ult and saved the team.
    "DIE DIE DIIIEEEEEE-uuuuuugh!"
    I generally main Lucio and Mercy depending on the map, gametype and whether we're attacking or defending.
    Haven't played in a bit might try and get back into it.

Anyone here manage The Floor Is Lava Achievement/Trophy?

Anytime I see an ultiing Reaper I boop him away.

Managed to boop one into a guy on our team who was on a massive kill steak one day and he freaked out in chat. I just said it's better you died than the five of us :pac:

• Advertisement

Anytime I see an ultiing Reaper I boop him away.

Managed to boop one into a guy on our team who was on a massive kill steak one day and he freaked out in chat. I just said it's better you died than the five of us :pac:
    People still not aware that K/D doesn't matter in Overwatch.
    It's all about those wins. And POTG of course, extra points if you nab it as a support. :D

People still not aware that K/D doesn't matter in Overwatch.
    It's all about those wins. And POTG of course, extra points if you nab it as a support. :D

I've had a few games now where everyone else is off murdering each other and I've just sat emote on the payload and driven it most of the way around the map.

I've had a few games now where everyone else is off murdering each other and I've just sat emote on the payload and driven it most of the way around the map.
    Yeah or babysitting the payload as a lone Mercy.
    "I need healing!"
    Feck off. :pac:

Summed up very well by that cartoon from Zenyattas POV a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I know I've said it before but having Lucio's jump on left trigger is the only way I can play him. I have the boop on R3 and melee on X cause I never use it with him.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I know I've said it before but having Lucio's jump on left trigger is the only way I can play him. I have the boop on R3 and melee on X cause I never use it with him.

I'm using an Elite Controller. Boop attack is LT, regular attack is RT, LB is switch between heal and speed, RB is to boost, reload is rear left paddle and jump is rear right paddle, melee is right stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That all sounds pretty positive. I can go back to playing Dva again :D

D.Va with support is already monstrous, I regularly get 3-4 Gold with her (PC).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Not sure if i like the extra 100 armour she'll get, I can destroy her with reaper but not sure how it'll play out now

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I played as almost nothing but Dva when I first got Overwatch so I guess I burned out on the character. It's been a while now so looking for a reason to go back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Lots of fun with Junkrat the last month, I used to tank a lot but can find it frustrating with a lack of help/support.

Getting some serious dmg, can be a bit spammy unless you really try and focus on a target. great in attack or def on a variety of maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Overwatch World Cup on atm.... One of the biggest one-sided games you'll ever see....even in normals.

Korea vs Australia

Pretty..unreal dominating stuff. I think they go 100 kills to 1 death at 1 stage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement