Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well hit a personal goal now getting my first star, yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Overwatch World Cup on atm.... One of the biggest one-sided games you'll ever see....even in normals.

Korea vs Australia

Pretty..unreal dominating stuff. I think they go 100 kills to 1 death at 1 stage

If anyone started crying on stage, I don't think I could hold it against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Overwatch World Cup on atm.... One of the biggest one-sided games you'll ever see....even in normals.

Korea vs Australia

Pretty..unreal dominating stuff. I think they go 100 kills to 1 death at 1 stage

You'd think the official world cup would use better video encoding. I can make gifs with higher fidelity than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Zillah wrote: »
    You'd think the official world cup would use better video encoding. I can make gifs with higher fidelity than that.

Dunno if that's their official channel.
    I watched the replay on Twitch myself, but posted a youtube link here as I can embed it for the lazy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zarya badly needs a nerf.

New brawl is total insanity. Pharah mains having a laugh, though.
    https://gfycat.com/LikableAgedAssassinbug
    https://gfycat.com/ShockingHarmlessDogwoodclubgall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They had that one a month or two back. It's ok for a bit.
    The random hero one or the choosing a character and having to stick with them is the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

New brawl is total insanity. Pharah mains having a laugh, though.
    https://gfycat.com/LikableAgedAssassinbug
    https://gfycat.com/ShockingHarmlessDogwoodclubgall

Terrible time with it last night. Ended up in the big room on Hanamura with Parahs and Mercys just flying around and no one able to hit a thing. Even when the Rocket Barrage hit, Mercy just ressed everyone. Didn't feel like a lot of testing went on with it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The random hero one or the choosing a character and having to stick with them is the best imo.

Agree. Best one I've played anyway

• Advertisement

They had that one a month or two back. It's ok for a bit.

Ohh I didn't know it wasn't new. Well it's new to me. And as someone who normally plays Pharah its a total laugh. I can definitely see how it will be short lived however.
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Terrible time with it last night. Ended up in the big room on Hanamura with Parahs and Mercys just flying around and no one able to hit a thing. Even when the Rocket Barrage hit, Mercy just ressed everyone. Didn't feel like a lot of testing went on with it tbh.

The trick is to focus Mercy. Also Barrage is rarely worth it.

Ohh I didn't know it wasn't new. Well it's new to me. And as someone who normally plays Pharah its a total laugh. I can definitely see how it will be short lived however.

The trick is to focus Mercy. Also Barrage is rarely worth it.

Maybe because I'm playing with a pad but hitting a Mercy moving at speed from close range was next to impossible.

I know I know "Git gud or git ReKt"

I would rather someone kicking me in the shins than try to play any FPS with a pad; let alone try to hit someone mid-air with a Pharah-rocket. Overwatch on a console must look odd - are McCree, Widowmaker, Soldier, and Tracer even viable? Is there auto-aim or bigger hit-boxes? I think I would just main Winston.

I would rather someone kicking me in the shins than try to play any FPS with a pad; let alone try to hit someone mid-air with a Pharah-rocket. Overwatch on a console must look odd - are McCree, Widowmaker, Soldier, and Tracer even viable? Is there auto-aim or bigger hit-boxes? I think I would just main Winston.

There are hitbox and auto aim compensations as far as I remember. Lots play as Soldier Tracer and Mc Cree. Don't see a lot of Widowmakers these days since she got nerfed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's not the use of an analogue controller that makes doing that hard.
    It's the fact you're moving in a 3d space and trying to hit something else that is moving unpredictably in a 3d space with a projectile that has a travel time.

That being said I've hit plenty fliers out of the air as Pharah on console. And it's fairly satisfying. :)

People just b***t about her cause she's not "meta" or "used on twitch". I'm playing against a bunch of random European players, not South Koreas elites.
    Her ult is still fairly rubbish though. Unless you have someone to combo with. I tend to just use it to pick off 2 wounded targets or melt a Tank.

Widowmaker is ok, not great, if you dont let her shots fully charge, you migth as well not be shooting. Spider Mine is rubbish. Seems pretty hard to hit headshots on Console though. Needs a bigger hitbox imho. Too much attention going to "balancing" Hanzo

Tracer and McCree are both very strong. I dont see how not using a mouse would affect tracer that much. Her gun is mainly for close range

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's not the use of an analogue controller that makes doing that hard.
    It's the fact you're moving in a 3d space and trying to hit something else that is moving unpredictably in a 3d space with a projectile that has a travel time.

Of course it's the analogue stick. It's hard using a mouse, it's much harder with a stick. I think the debate of stick vs mouse in FPS games was put to bed in the 90's.

I think Barrage is one of the stronger ults, to be honest. You have to be sneaky about when and where you use it, but I frequently get three-fours kills with it, even without a combo. With a Zarya combo you can get a team wipe.

Of course it's the analogue stick. It's hard using a mouse, it's much harder with a stick.

- Asks Console Players input
    - Console Player responds
    - Tells Console Player they're wrong

I didn't ask anything about mouse vs stick, it's an ancient argument that's not even worth having; I asked what Overwatch did to compensate for it being much harder to aim with a stick in FPS.

Blizzard apparently agrees with me and that's why they have auto-aim:
    https://gfycat.com/MeagerSecondaryElephant

I'm beginning to think there are a lot of subtle hackers in this game. While its obvious in a game like Counter-Strike if someone is using an aimbot, its not so obvious when someone is using one and playing as Tracer. I just played a game there and got destroyed by a tracer that had impeccable tracking. Her aimer was always on the center of my body while running at full tilt warping all over the place. Dubious.

It's always hard to tell. Hacking has come a long way since the days of the original CS where the reticle would instantly lock and perfectly track the head.

Someone accused me of cheating yesterday because I fired a missile into the doorway he was about to appear at and killed him instantly...the reason being he had been stomping around loudly, killed a teammate a second earlier, and hadn't appeared in the one other direction he could have gone, so it just seemed obvious he was about to appear there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I play on both. To be fair I find Hanzo grand on a controller but for the life of me I couldnt hit a barn door with McCree using a controller. Not as punishing as other FPS's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Is there a list of current boards players on each platform for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

If anyone is interested in doing season 3 with me let me know. Season 2 was a night mare for me so I'm just gonna right it off. Send me a message/add PSN:DeadlyByDesign1

If anyone is interested in doing season 3 with me let me know. Season 2 was a night mare for me so I'm just gonna right it off. Send me a message/add PSN:DeadlyByDesign1

Yes. You're like a month early though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes. You're like a month early though :P

Hyped already ya know?:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any xbox one players add me for games please

SWEATY YETI 83

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Sombra reveal just happened. On Ptr next week along with new map and Arcade game mode.

Sombra vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4-DynK4NWQ

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sombra becomes invisible for a short period of time

Oh joy....

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Oh joy....

I'd hardly call it "Invisible", she goes "Bright, Purple, Semi-See-Through, Glowing"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement