Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

no way to tell untill we get hands on, will be interesting how invis will work wether staying still makes it better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you click on the link I posted above you can click her abilites and see how the look/act etc. That being said, yes it is not 100% in context :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Also announced new nice skin for Genji if you play 15 games with a friend in Heroes of the Storm during the event; The Overwatch league which is going to be local teams build around pro players and a pro player league with drafting, contracts with minimum wage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm looking forward to trying her out. I always enjoyed the rogue in WoW pvp and felt they did a good job with invisibility.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'd hardly call it "Invisible", she goes "Bright, Purple, Semi-See-Through, Glowing"

I'd imagine that's what you look like to your team, and that you'd be totally invisible to enemies. They could do it like WoW did where enemies could spot/hear you if you got too close to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Benzino wrote: »
    I'd imagine that's what you look like to your team, and that you'd be totally invisible to enemies. They could do it like WoW did where enemies could spot/hear you if you got too close to them.

Ahhhhh, I didn't consider that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Glad she's finally been revealed and slightly surprised that it's another offense hero. Not the biggest fan of invisibility and I recall the Overwatch team saying they'd never put invisibility in the game early on.

Her abilities are interesting though, especially the teleport pad thing depending on the throw distance. As mainly a Zarya player Sombra's ult will be nice to have to combine with Graviton Surge, no more Transcendence or Rein shields blocking the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That EMP though... I welcome the new addition, game would start to get stale otherwise.

Just thinking, it says her hack disables shields, now does that mean stuff like Reinhardt, Winston etc or does it include all shield HP? e.g Blue HP on certain heroes such as Zarya and Zenyatta. That could be extremely powerful if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

So when do we get to try her? What time is the update? Or is it PTR at first?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just thinking, it says her hack disables shields, now does that mean stuff like Reinhardt, Winston etc or does it include all shield HP? e.g Blue HP on certain heroes such as Zarya and Zenyatta. That could be extremely powerful if so.
    Blue hp would be the most likely answer simply from a implementation perspective and OP level (i.e. it regen up again relatively quickly).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nody wrote: »
    Blue hp would be the most likely answer simply from a implementation perspective and OP level (i.e. it regen up again relatively quickly).

I don't think it'll affect player armour (blue health). The likes of Zenyatta who has barely no health and lots of armour would be crippled by the emp.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't think it'll affect player armour (blue health). The likes of Zenyatta who has barely no health and lots of armour would be crippled by the emp.

Yeah but... he's a robot.

Yeah that sounds fair actually, their shields immediately disappear but then regen at their normal rate.

It's only Zen, Zarya and Symmetra that have shields anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Zillah wrote: »
    So when do we get to try her? What time is the update? Or is it PTR at first?

PTR on tuesday full release the week after. Along with all the other stuff

Details from the Blizzcon stream:

-Teleport and Invisibility cooldowns are 6 seconds each, Hack cooldown is 12 seconds.
    -200 HP, 60 round clip.
    -Her gun has effective range similar to Soldier but a larger spread. Rate of fire is quite fast, damage seems strong.
    -Hack gets cancelled if you take damage before it fully activates. Range is around 9-10m(slightly more than Winston's Tesla Cannon). Hacked healthpacks stay hacked for around 1m. While hacked they regen faster and there's not currently a limit to how many packs can be hacked simultaneously.
    -EMP requires LOS and has a limited range.
    -EMP does cancel all kinds of barriers including Sound Barrier.
    -Primary/Secondary fires remain available, Lucio auras are NOT cancelled. Not sure about Mercy's staff yet, doubt it gets disabled. Turrets can be disabled with Hack in addition to EMP, but if it shoots you before the Hack activates, it won't go through.
    -Translocator(teleport pad) remains active for 15s, disappears on death. Can't be destroyed by enemies but it can be seen and camped by them.
    -Camo is complete invisible until you're on top of the enemy (they can see a shimmer then). There's a timer while cloaked showing you how long you have.
    -When Sombra hacks someone she can see their ultimate status.
    -When you drop below half health Sombra can see you through walls, not sure if there's a range on this.

Also the new Genji skin obtainable through playing Heroes of the Storm:

overwatch-giocando-ad-heroes-of-the-storm-guadagnate-una-skin-per-genji-v7-276470-640x400.jpg

Yeah that sounds fair actually, their shields immediately disappear but then regen at their normal rate.

It's only Zen, Zarya and Symmetra that have shields anyway.
    Emp is out; it disables all abilities for 6s AND removes all blue hp for 6s in an AoE with same range as Mei's ult; yes that will be quite powerful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

EMP looks pretty overpowered - Reinhardt and Winston's shields are essential to their gameplay and already easily countered.

Reinhardt's shield is one of the most relied on abilities in the game, having another character whose ult can take it out for 6 seconds isn't exactly overpowered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Ah, sorry, for some reason I didn't read it was her Ult, just an ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

She looks fun. Love being able to lob the teleporter over enemy lines to get through choke points.

From what I gather from the livestreams her Hack disables all abilities on the enemy it is used on for 4 seconds, that means no Shift, E or Q (at least on PC).

The Hack shot needs to be locked onto the enemy for a certain amount of time, a couple seconds, to work. It does not pierce Shields from Reinhardt, Winston or Zarya and activating a shield while being hacked will cancel the hack. Hacked enemies will also display their HP and Ult status to Sombra.

The EMP works like Lucio's Ult, it's an area of effect LOS ability that applies the Hack effect to anyone hit by it. Along with the Hack effect the EMP also destroys any Shields, both HP and otherwise.

Reinhardt's shield is one of the most relied on abilities in the game, having another character whose ult can take it out for 6 seconds isn't exactly overpowered.
    You are aware you can also hack individual characters to stop them from using all abilities for 6s which is on a normal 10s cool down, yes?

You are aware you can also hack individual characters to stop them from using all abilities for 6s which is on a normal 10s cool down, yes?

I read that it's a 14 second cooldown and lasts for 4 seconds on reddit(that could well be wrong) but yeah I'm aware of that. It's not as simple as just shooting at the enemy, you need to be close and have lock on for a couple seconds, doesn't sound too gam breaking to me. Also while the EMP can go through Rein's shield the normal Hack can not, the shield blocks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

World cup Final was earlier today.
    You can watch the VOD here,
    Best of 7 match between Russia and Korea.

https://www.twitch.tv/blizzard/v/99265472

Sombra Gameplay footage. Really looking forward to playing her, can see her been my new favourite character.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

From what I gather from the livestreams her Hack disables all abilities on the enemy it is used on for 4 seconds, that means no Shift, E or Q (at least on PC).

Well. That's Tracer completely and utterly fudged. Could be a pretty hard counter for Pharah and Genji too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zillah wrote: »
    Well. That's Tracer completely and utterly fudged. Could be a pretty hard counter for Pharah and Genji too.

I doubt she can keep the aim on a Tracer for long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I doubt she can keep the aim on a Tracer for long enough.

And not get hit by Tracer while she's hacking her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement