Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I doubt she can keep the aim on a Tracer for long enough.

ulti would wreck it

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Sombra looks like she is going to have a fairly high skill ceiling already. Some of the gameplay vids ive been watching from blizzcon are showing how versatile she will be. She might have fairly low health but when she hacks a medpack it makes it regen faster and unusable to enemies. This combined with her stealth and teleport give her a similar burst damage to tracer. Also her weapon seems to shred through lower health enemies. Pretty sure shel go to the top of the meta straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Overwatch+in+nutshell_d05c06_6030664.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't wait for the abuse in chat every time someone selects Sombra for the first week or so of her release, same as what happened with Ana. I'll probably be playing a lot of Winston in that time, seems like the perfect counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Overwatch is downto £24.99 in Game on Xbox and PS4 if anyone is thinking of picking it up.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/overwatch-origins-edition-884393

Trying to diversify from my usual four of Junkrat, Dva, Pharah and Lucio. Zenyatta seems to be clicking and Reinharte might be an option too.

Sometimes its hard to tell if I'm improving or not as quickplay is such a cluster****. Loads of games where no one was interested in hiding behind my shield and just went off doing their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

fixxxer wrote: »
    Trying to diversify from my usual four of Junkrat, Dva, Pharah and Lucio. Zenyatta seems to be clicking and Reinharte might be an option too.

Sometimes its hard to tell if I'm improving or not as quickplay is such a cluster****. Loads of games where no one was interested in hiding behind my shield and just went off doing their own thing.

I find Rheinheart lackluster in Solo QP cause of the lack of team play like you said.

If you want to use a more useful tank that doesn't require team coordination, Winston is a safe bet on Attack, Roadhog on Defense.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I find Rheinheart lackluster in Solo QP cause of the lack of team play like you said.

If you want to use a more useful tank that doesn't require team coordination, Winston is a safe bet on Attack, Roadhog on Defense.

Its like trying to stuff cats in a bag :D

GROUP UP WITH ME

oh ok fine run into that bastions bullet storm. If only you has some sort of moving shield to help you...

Roadhog was another I couldn't make click for me. Might give Winston a go so, he looks fairly chaotic. He's not picked much though, so must be fairly weak somewhere?

Its like trying to stuff cats in a bag :D

GROUP UP WITH ME

oh ok fine run into that bastions bullet storm. If only you has some sort of moving shield to help you...

Roadhog was another I couldn't make click for me. Might give Winston a go so, he looks fairly chaotic. He's not picked much though, so must be fairly weak somewhere?

Winston really depends on the enemy team's composition. If they have two of Mercy, Ana or Zenyetta and one more squishy hero (genji, soldier, hanzo) then he can wreck them. Otherwise he can be a bit of a liability. There are some very hard counters to him. Run away from Reaper, Tracer or Roadhog. If you use his shield and pounce correctly; you can jump in, set up the shield, pick off a healer and jump back out again. Its a welcome change not needing to have perfect twitch aim like most fps games.

Reinhardt is good against any enemy team composition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm finding Rheinhardt essential these days, you can sustain more attacks if he's kept up. That and a player who plays him aggressively can do wonders for the team. Saying that, I can't play him for the life of me! Zarya FTW!

I love Reinhardt's charge. It's high-risk/high-reward. Instant kill against almost all heroes.

Yeah the charge is a lot of fun. Especially when its a Mei you crush :D:D:D:D
    I'll probably stick with him for a bit, but its always stressful bringing new characters into Comp Play. People get so bloody shouty and angry.

Roadhog was another I couldn't make click for me.

Roadhog is a better defensive Tank than Offensive. Absorb some damage, heal yourself to get your ULT up, hook a person, kill em. Good when you have a partner like symettra, she puts up 3 or 4 turrets nto a room near a choke, you pull people through the choke into the room and smash em :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Roadhog is a better defensive Tank than Offensive. Absorb some damage, heal yourself to get your ULT up, hook a person, kill em. Good when you have a partner like symettra, she puts up 3 or 4 turrets nto a room near a choke, you pull people through the choke into the room and smash em :)
    Roadhog works great offensively but you can't be the main tank doing so; Taking RH and going flanking for example or pulling their main tank out of line can easily be a game winning move or pop the ulti to make that final push of the cart by bouncing the enemy team away.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Winston is the most underrated hero in the game. He's amazing in both attack on defence. You just have to know how to use him.

Winston isn't really a traditional tank. He's best used to literally jump in, attack their healers and jump back out. It requires some timing and knowing when to leap in and out, as metioned he can get taken out by a number of characters pretty easily. However, once you get into the swing of it you can start turning matches really easily.

You'll die more than you like but if you're taking out a mercy or ana each time then you're doing your job.

Just avoid bastion and reaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

He's gonna be the natural counter to Sombra, too.

I always switch to Winston if there's a Genji/Tracer causing too much grief. Great for pouncing in to scatter or finish of a Zen/Ana too.

Yeah the charge is a lot of fun. Especially when its a Mei you crush :D:D:D:D
    I'll probably stick with him for a bit, but its always stressful bringing new characters into Comp Play. People get so bloody shouty and angry.

cos in comp you should know a character down

cos in comp you should know a character down

Yeah. I'd be inclined to agree. I find it takes me like 5-8 QP games or about 25-60 mins to feel comfortable enough with a character to use them well in Comp

I feel like i'm seeing more people playing characters that they don't know in Comp recently, maybe because we're nearing the end of the season and people figure they've already hit their peak.

Got matched into a very high level game, few top 500s there, we were defending on Volskaya. Our top ranked person (159 i think) chose Bastion, had a Mercy with him, and just played like crap. Checked their stats and they'd never used Bastion in Comp.

Few other times i've noticed high ranked players having what appears to be a terrible game, and when i check their stats they are never playing their mains. They might have 70 hours as McCree, and 1 as Genji and will play the Genji, even though the comp may have been better suited to a McCree.

I tend to only play the characters i know inside out in Comp unless things are really desperate. I don't really begrudge people testing out new characters in the serious fights of Comp but i can't help but get frustrated when my team is the one that suffers.

• Advertisement

Well like I was saying, quickplay can be such a mess it can be hard to practice team play properly. Like when I started playing junkrat, I played as a flanker independent of the team largely so it was easy to slot into comp play. Support characters are trickier because its hard to practice supporting a team when they're off playing deathmatch or messing about with 5 Tornbjorns.

I feel like i'm seeing more people playing characters that they don't know in Comp recently, maybe because we're nearing the end of the season and people figure they've already hit their peak.

Got matched into a very high level game, few top 500s there, we were defending on Volskaya. Our top ranked person (159 i think) chose Bastion, had a Mercy with him, and just played like crap. Checked their stats and they'd never used Bastion in Comp.

Few other times i've noticed high ranked players having what appears to be a terrible game, and when i check their stats they are never playing their mains. They might have 70 hours as McCree, and 1 as Genji and will play the Genji, even though the comp may have been better suited to a McCree.

I tend to only play the characters i know inside out in Comp unless things are really desperate. I don't really begrudge people testing out new characters in the serious fights of Comp but i can't help but get frustrated when my team is the one that suffers.

From the games I've played with you you are a very good Roadhog and seems like you always land the hook. Your pretty lethal with Zen aswell though!!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    From the games I've played with you you are a very good Roadhog and seems like you always land the hook. Your pretty lethal with Zen aswell though!!

Hah thanks man, in fairness neither are the hardest characters to play.

Much respect to the Reinhardts, Tracers and McCrees out there, the good ones will carry all day.

Not Genji though. Never Genji.

Hah thanks man, in fairness neither are the hardest characters to play.

Much respect to the Reinhardts, Tracers and McCrees out there, the good ones will carry all day.

Not Genji though. Never Genji.

Coop is a seriously good Rein. You may group up with us again some night for a few competitive games again.

Also I won't be solo queuing for rank next time after the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone play the PTR? Have they put player restrictions on quickplay? 3v3 seems fun with the new map they added.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone play the PTR? Have they put player restrictions on quickplay? 3v3 seems fun with the new map they added.

yeah they were planning to, unlimited or whatever is basically quick play now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yeah. I'd be inclined to agree. I find it takes me like 5-8 QP games or about 25-60 mins to feel comfortable enough with a character to use them well in Comp
    You're a braver man than me; I'm usually looking at least 25+ games for acceptable and 100+ for comp main pick and that's on heroes I know. At rank 110 and I still have 1/3rd of the rooster I'd not even consider touching for Comp. and 1/3rd I'd consider main pick material.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I feel like you should have at least an hour with each hero in the game before entering comp, or at least a few from each class. Had a situation yesterday where a guy said he only plays Hanzo and a little bit of McCree. Said he wouldn't change because he doesn't think any of the other heroes will be fun, even though he's never tried half of them.

I feel like you should have at least an hour with each hero in the game before entering comp, or at least a few from each class. Had a situation yesterday where a guy said he only plays Hanzo and a little bit of McCree. Said he wouldn't change because he doesn't think any of the other heroes will be fun, even though he's never tried half of them.

no not with each char, a min of one from each class is fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

PTR is amazing. 1v1s are gas. Pharah's hover jets now make her go up quite a bit faster. I read 35% but it feels like a lot more. Ana's healing makes a slightly different sound effect which I find pleasing. Apparently Zarya's beam has much better hit detection for when it passes over a target, but I didn't try it myself.

Sombra seems like she'll be a lot of fun, but it's impossible to get a proper go as her. Quick Play is now limited to 1 of each hero per team, and the unlimited team play mode in Arcade is a clusterfuck of 10+ Sombras all running around. Obviously everyone is eager to try the new hero, including me, but it's impossible to get a feel for her under normal conditions with everyone zooming around hacking each other. The teleporter is good fun.

I will say that playing as a healer in Quick Play was a nightmare with both Sombra and Tracer on the same team: constantly getting shot in the back by zippy auto-pistol bitches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement