Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Yep, 10.10gb on XB1

Jumped online there for a few quick matches before bed....it's just not meant to be 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Yep, 10.10gb on XB1

Jumped online there for a few quick matches before bed....it's just not meant to be 

Mine finished in about 30 minutes so might just be verifying previous files and not downloading the full 10GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

FFS, I've just spent the evening downloading MW remastered and FIFA updates and now this! :rolleyes: This update seems to be taking forever

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Soldier is pretty lethal now with his damage boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'm real bad a 1v1 arcade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I'm real bad a 1v1 arcade.

My first go I got beat 5-0. I'm far too cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Wow Dva and Soldier 76 are good now! Been playing as Soldier 76 a fair bit and if you can limit yourself to burst fire he's a murderer.

Sombra is fun but not really my style of character I think. She's like a more awkward Tracer to me. Still, fun to have a new character to try out. The throw able teleporter is great craic so it is.

Of the new modes I think 3 vs 3 is my favourite. Nice and tense and you have someone else to blame when you lose unlike 1 vs 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Really happy with the tinkering in this patch, reducing the charge on all ults makes them more valuable now along with the added reduction to Mei, nightmare when an enemy would have blizzard every team fight, also happy with the reduction of the speed boost on ana's ult.

Along with the buffs I think this might provide more varied team compositions rather than just 2/2/2, with rein, ana, zarya,reaper always getting picked.

New game modes are great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

As a Reinhardt main, Sombra is absolute Kryptonite to him right now (and indeed the team behind him). Is her hack 6 seconds duration when applied? I am not sure how RH can be a valuable pick now with her hack vs his shield? I know it's early days yet and this might be a kneejerk on my part, but any quick play I played last night vs Sombra resulted in me being made redundant and the guys behind me struggling.

As a Reinhardt main, Sombra is absolute Kryptonite to him right now (and indeed the team behind him). Is her hack 6 seconds duration when applied? I am not sure how RH can be a valuable pick now with her hack vs his shield? I know it's early days yet and this might be a kneejerk on my part, but any quick play I played last night vs Sombra resulted in me being made redundant and the guys behind me struggling.

Tracer and Pharah seem very good against Sombra but if she manages to hack a large healthpack and teleport to it shes very hard to kill.

• Advertisement

That's a good point actually. When I was playing sombra I just needed Reinharte to move a little off centre and I could hack him and make his shield useless. We had a zenyatta who kept discord orbing Reiny so he got killed double quick.

I wonder if they'll nerf the hack, buff Reinharte or if people will just need to learn to protect their shield bearer better. I hope its the last option.

fixxxer wrote: »
    That's a good point actually. When I was playing sombra I just needed Reinharte to move a little off centre and I could hack him and make his shield useless. We had a zenyatta who kept discord orbing Reiny so he got killed double quick.

I wonder if they'll nerf the hack, buff Reinharte or if people will just need to learn to protect their shield bearer better. I hope its the last option.

Sombra will be nerfed in the next two weeks.

She is very very strong. Her hack can be used really often and the cool down on her teleport is very short as well. Here gun does insane damage if you aim for the head.

fixxxer wrote: »

What you are going to start seeing is a 2-3 tank meta in comp. When RH fails there HAS to be another tank there to take up the slack when he is offline. There is no 2 ways about it now, you need a tank in comp and could get away with just one pre-Sombra, multi tank meta will creep in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'd hope to see more people play tank roles, comp is just full of people going dps's and telling everyone else who to be. DVa will be essential along with Reinhardt with the new update.

madcabbage wrote: »
    I'd hope to see more people play tank roles, comp is just full of people going dps's and telling everyone else who to be. DVa will be essential along with Reinhardt with the new update.

Yeh that 25% movement speed while firing?! Plus her Ulti costs less now I think? Her and Zarya will be good off tank picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Winston's still class. Particularly against 6 Sombras :pac:

I really like the way you can earn 3 loot boxes a week for playing 3v3 and 1v1 as well.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I really like the way you can earn 3 loot boxes a week for playing 3v3 and 1v1 as well.

Now I can get three times as many duplicates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's 1 for 1v1 (win) and 1 for 3v3 (win) a 3 more for getting 9 wins in Arcade in Total (which can include the 2 wins mentioned before) I think. Am I right in saying that, cause I think I earned 4 freebies yesterday

So 5 free Loot boxes for like 2-3 hours play outside the existing loot boxes :)

Well worth logging in for an evening a week imho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sombra will be nerfed in the next two weeks.

She is very very strong. Her hack can be used really often and the cool down on her teleport is very short as well. Here gun does insane damage if you aim for the head.

It's gonna be a while before the community settles into the new dynamic. I've seen people saying she is terrible and pointless. I think she's probably pretty well balanced. She is very fragile and does half Tracer's dps.

• Advertisement

Ana was deemed useless at first. Well maybe only in competitive since anyone picking her at first couldn't possibly have mastered her already.

Somba is a tad overpowered in 3v3 at the moment at least.

Shutting someones abilities down for 6 seconds is more than enough time to kill them and that puts their team at a disadvantage pretty quickly.

I've also consigned myself to the fact that i will probably never win a round of 1v1, let alone an entire match.

Is 1v1 not a bit random? I assume its blind pick. What if I pick Winston vs Reaper? Hardluck?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Is 1v1 not a bit random? I assume its blind pick. What if I pick Winston vs Reaper? Hardluck?

Isn't 1V1 same-hero only?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sombra is legit, people who say otherwise just havent figured out how to play her

Isn't 1V1 same-hero only?

Yup random hero but both players have the same character. The only round I've won so far was as Torbjorn. Made a turret and waited for the other player to get bored and come look for me.

Odd that people think Sombra is OP, I think she's the opposite. Her dmg output is pretty bad, while the hack is good it can get interupted if you are shot and it takes a full second to cast and there is a slow cool down. Hacking a health pack isn't much use, if you're looking for one then either your healers are useless/dead or you've lost the fight and are running away. I don't think it's worth the effort or time in trying to find and hack a health pack when you could've picked someone who can either heal or do better damage, you'll be down to 5vs6 all the time.

Her ult is amazing but it can only really set up other ults or plays and considering there aren't going to be as many as there was it will need a degree of coordination and timing to get the best out of it. Sombra ult -> Graviton -> reaper/dva/hanzo ult

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sight808 wrote: »
    Odd that people think Sombra is OP, I think she's the opposite. Her dmg output is pretty bad, while the hack is good it can get interupted if you are shot and it takes a full second to cast and there is a slow cool down. Hacking a health pack isn't much use, if you're looking for one then either your healers are useless/dead or you've lost the fight and are running away. I don't think it's worth the effort or time in trying to find and hack a health pack when you could've picked someone who can either heal or do better damage, you'll be down to 5vs6 all the time.

Her ult is amazing but it can only really set up other ults or plays and considering there aren't going to be as many as there was it will need a degree of coordination and timing to get the best out of it. Sombra ult -> Graviton -> reaper/dva/hanzo ult

A lot of control the points have a health pack just outside the point that can easily swing games for you.

• Advertisement

A lot of control the points have a health pack just outside the point that can easily swing games for you.

They are useful but I've never seen 1 health pack swing a game, unlike in quake or tf2. Not saying your wrong, but my point would be if you are taking the time to do that then you are a person down and you are neither directly healing or doing damage. Just seems like a waste. It seems as if I am anti Sombra, which I am not, I think it's a great assest to the game and will provide the much needed variety in compositions as it's becoming a bit stale atm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement