Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sight808 wrote: »
    They are useful but I've never seen 1 health pack swing a game, unlike in quake or tf2. Not saying your wrong, but my point would be if you are taking the time to do that then you are a person down and you are neither directly healing or doing damage. Just seems like a waste. It seems as if I am anti Sombra, which I am not, I think it's a great assest to the game and will provide the much needed variety in compositions as it's becoming a bit stale atm.
    Illios and lejang are two maps off the top of my head that it plays a big point in for me anyway, control the packs behind the point and the small health on the enemy side makes kills happen a lot more than you think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Odd that people think Sombra is OP, I think she's the opposite. Her dmg output is pretty bad, while the hack is good it can get interupted if you are shot and it takes a full second to cast and there is a slow cool down. Hacking a health pack isn't much use, if you're looking for one then either your healers are useless/dead or you've lost the fight and are running away. I don't think it's worth the effort or time in trying to find and hack a health pack when you could've picked someone who can either heal or do better damage, you'll be down to 5vs6 all the time.

You can hack a full health pack near a chokepoint and your teammates can pop in for a full heal at any time. Healers can't keep everyone alive all the time.
    Her ult is amazing but it can only really set up other ults or plays and considering there aren't going to be as many as there was it will need a degree of coordination and timing to get the best out of it. Sombra ult -> Graviton -> reaper/dva/hanzo ult

Blowing everyone's shields and shutting down their abilities, including their ults, provides a great chance for a push, regardless of what the rest of your team deploy (whether its their own ults or just normal abilities).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only played her a couple of times but I've found hacking the health packs pretty important.

She seems like the ultimate counter to Zenyatta. Hack a health pack, place teleporter on it. Go invisible and get round the back to take out a healer. Teleport back.

Doesn't work every time but I must've killed one Zenyatta half a dozen in one game by doing it before they changed to Winston and started going after only me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

J. Marston wrote: »
    Doesn't work every time but I must've killed one Zenyatta half a dozen in one game by doing it before they changed to Winston and started going after only me!
    Then hack a large healthpack, lead Winston to it and stand on the healthpack and kill Winston because you'll outheal the damage he does as it respawns every 2s (also works with Symmetra if you don't let her power up to max on you before getting there, Reinhart and Lucio along with several heroes who'd struggle to kill you in the time window).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

On a separate note anyone who want to do the Heroes of Storm challenge on PC ping me and we'll run custom games against the AI (I suck far to badly to play against players :P ) Nody #2214

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Zillah wrote: »
    You can hack a full health pack near a chokepoint and your teammates can pop in for a full heal at any time. Healers can't keep everyone alive all the time.

Blowing everyone's shields and shutting down their abilities, including their ults, provides a great chance for a push, regardless of what the rest of your team deploy (whether its their own ults or just normal abilities).

I never said hacking a health pack was bad, I just don't think 1 or 2 health packs would swing a game as was suggested and aren't worth a huge effot going out of your way to find them considering it takes you away from playing as someone who deals out more damage/healing.

And yes, having take down sheilds and abilites for a push say on the first point of hanamura is going to be amazing, but like a lot of other ults it would probably be best used in conjuntion with another to get the best out of it.

Again, I'm not saying she's bad, I just don't think she's that OP compared to other heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hack a health pack, drop a teleporter on it, invis into the fight, try take out any weak targets and teleport back to the health before the timer runs out. If you don't get a kill it's basically a waste of time as the enemy backline will heal easily enough so the idea is to try to pick of the weakest targets and rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hack a health pack, drop a teleporter on it, invis into the fight, try take out any weak targets and teleport back to the health before the timer runs out. If you don't get a kill it's basically a waste of time as the enemy backline will heal easily enough so the idea is to try to pick of the weakest targets and rinse and repeat.

Or some of their DPS turn to face you and your team pushes up and takes out one of the enemy Tanks/DPS.

Sombra will be a distraction tool. Invisible in, hack Reinhard/kill Healer and teleport out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Again, I'm not saying she's bad, I just don't think she's that OP compared to other heroes.

Oh; well, you said the opposite of overpowered, which would be underpowered. My instinct is to say that's she's fairly balanced; just tricky.

Mei is a god in 3 vs 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Played Sombra a bit and this is a solid starting point:
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Invisible in, hack Reinhard/kill Healer and teleport out.

She isn't really strong enough to take on anyone alone other than maybe Mercy, out-of-mech-DVa or Lucio so just hack other people or get some of their team to turn around and them port out while your team shoots them in the back.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Played Sombra a bit and this is a solid starting point:

She isn't really strong enough to take on anyone alone other than maybe Mercy, out-of-mech-DVa or Lucio so just hack other people or get some of their team to turn around and them port out while your team shoots them in the back.

Another thing is when you hack the large healthpack if one of your players gets into a 1v1 around that health pack they should win that 1v1 9 out of 10 times.

I think to many people are looking at Sombra in isolation and not fully considering all the extra she can give to your team through her abilities.

In my opinion she'll be in the majority of competitive list as a first choice pick even ahead of Lucio and Rein going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

lawlolawl wrote: »

Not true at all, i was playing sombra earlier, random quick play just to try her out and i rinsed loads of classes. Just need to hack them first.. Zarya for example, i just hack her before opening on her and she cant bubble and i rinse her down fairly quickly. if she has already taken damage you could likely kill her within the one hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Roadhog seems like a must-have in 3v3. He's my main so i'm obviously a little biased, but the skill set is too perfect.

Roadhog seems like a must-have in 3v3. He's my main so i'm obviously a little biased, but the skill set is too perfect.
    Far from it; he is strong in some compositions and I've turned 0 - 2 to 3 - 2 with him myself as he's one of my best heroes but I've beaten teams with him without our own Roadhog; he's to squishy if focused down by someone like D'Va or Genji.
    Mei is a god in 3 vs 3
    To low DPS and health so you ignore her and focus on the rest of the team instead until the end (and if she tries to come in you focus her for 0.5s to force her to ice barrier or die).

Nody wrote: »
    Far from it; he is strong in some compositions and I've turned 0 - 2 to 3 - 2 with him myself as he's one of my best heroes but I've beaten teams with him without our own Roadhog; he's to squishy if focused down by someone like D'Va or Genji .

Really, squishy? Not my experience at all...

Genji i can keep at a distance and if they push in i can hook and kill in one move.
    D.va is easy too, just use the long shots until you can get a hook to connect. Once thats done they're gone unless they've got a Mercy/Ana on them.
    Not being cocky, but in a straight 1v1 i don't see anyone beating RoadHog, and with the hook you make 1v1's happen.

Granted the above is predicated on having teammates who are at least doing their part, but it's worked so far.

Could be the SR i'm at that people really aren't used to 1v1's, and a good few people are using Sombra who RH can counter easily enough.

Who are you finding useful yourself?

Roadhog is brilliant in 3v3 in my experience. He can heal and that instakill hook can win the game.

Who are you finding useful yourself?
    Mercy + D'Va is pretty much unstoppable; power up D'Va in between heals and top up your second DPS / power them at the start and go to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not being cocky, but in a straight 1v1 i don't see anyone beating RoadHog,

Reaper

Roadhog is one of my Main picks and f**k Reaper

I thought Zenyatta and Pharah were pretty good in 3v3 too

Pharah cause she can create distance and essentialy ignore-short range players (like D.Va)
    Zenyatta cause you can use Discord to melt 1 player fast, he can do some healing (without having to pick a mercy) and he can do decent accurate damage at range

Nody wrote: »
    Far from it; he is strong in some compositions and I've turned 0 - 2 to 3 - 2 with him myself as he's one of my best heroes but I've beaten teams with him without our own Roadhog; he's to squishy if focused down by someone like D'Va or Genji.

To low DPS and health so you ignore her and focus on the rest of the team instead until the end (and if she tries to come in you focus her for 0.5s to force her to ice barrier or die).

Wall, freeze, add an anna and usually a roadhog, she wrecks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I've been having great luck in the 3vs 3s as Reinhardt with a Zenyatta healing me

Cormac... wrote: »
    Reaper

Roadhog is one of my Main picks and f**k Reaper

I'd rather fight a Reaper than a Mei but i guess if you miss a shot on Reaper you're going down. You might survive Mei long enough to rally.

Reper + Mei = leg it.

I've been having great luck in the 3vs 3s as Reinhardt with a Zenyatta healing me

Really yeah? I use Rein a lot in comp and find 3v3 doesn't suit his skills. There is no point to slowly push towards so the enemy can constantly back off to wait for a better opportunity.

What does Reinhardt do that D.Va can't do better in 3v3?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why do I always face a Widowmaker that can pick me off from 600 yards while the one on my team allows Mercy to walk up her and shoot her to death while she stays in scoped mode aiming and missing at a target a mile away?

I'm having so much fun with Overwatch at the moment, I love that pretty much all the tanks and healers are now viable.

After getting some time with her and watching more of her, I think they need a sligh improvement on Sombras damage or else lower the teleport cool down, she seems just a bit meh now ive had more time with her

After getting some time with her and watching more of her, I think they need a sligh improvement on Sombras damage or else lower the teleport cool down, she seems just a bit meh now ive had more time with her
    Her job is not primary DPS though; she's a tracer who's job it is to harass the backline and also has the ability to nullify many characters.

As a Lucio main I can say she's a nightmare at the minute. She hacks me I loose my boop and I can't switch to speed to escape/heal to top myself up. Not to mention the fact she instantly cancels my ultimate is a pain.

Might just need time to adjust but we'll know more in a few weeks.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Might just need time to adjust but we'll know more in a few weeks.
    I'd guess .5s to 1s increase on hacking players, 30s or 45s maximum duration on hacked med packs, slightly faster teleport recharge with 1 to 2s reduction but we'll see what the first balance patch will bring.

• Advertisement

I think rather than changing the amount of time a health pack stays hacked for you should just be able to counter-hack a pack from the enemy team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement