Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Anyone else seeing Mercy creep back in? Particularly in comp - few less Lucios about.

Had a bad run on Sunday and dropped 130 SR. One of those days where i just couldn't seem to get into the groove.

Think i've definitely peaked for the season and will now just gently decline until the reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone else seeing Mercy creep back in? Particularly in comp - few less Lucios about.

Had a bad run on Sunday and dropped 130 SR. One of those days where i just couldn't seem to get into the groove.

Think i've definitely peaked for the season and will now just gently decline until the reset.

Same for me as someone mentioned earlier. Sombra is murdering me as Lucio, so I play more as zenyatta now, as she murders him a little less easily

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Symmetra has been reworked...

- Choice of ultimate. Teleporter or Shield generator. Shield generator give a significant shield boost.
    - Teleporter has more health and shields.
    - New ability; Photon Barrier. A shield, similar to Reinhardt's or Winston's, that moves in front of you.
    - Start off with 6 turrets. No more rushing to place them.
    - Her beam range has been slightly extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

EDIT: Beat me to it ^^

New Symmetra looks great, I use her a lot defending first points on King's Row and Anubis, really excited to try her on the PTR.

I try to use her but a lot of people throw the game if I pick her, claiming its my fault that they are trolling. Fairly frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm a big Symmetra fan. I always get good use out of her defending on Hanamura and Volskaya. Never quite got sneaky enough with her to use her reliably on attack.

Even if the only change was having the six turrets ready to deploy at the start of the game I'd be delighted to be honest. Looking forward to trying out Symm 2.0 when she reaches PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just watched a video of PTR and apparently Sombra can now hack Reinhard shield from the front through the barrier.

That is ridiculously OP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I just watched a video of PTR and apparently Sombra can now hack Reinhard shield from the front through the barrier.

That is ridiculously OP

To be fair, Ishe can't cloak while hacking, and Reinhardt can see myher data-lines in 3rd-person view.

I'd be ok with front-hack taking a little longer though.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    To be fair, Ishe can't cloak while hacking, and Reinhardt can see myher data-lines in 3rd-person view.

I'd be ok with front-hack taking a little longer though.

But she can still hack him form a decent distance so you can catch the team unawares and the shield will be gone before anyone can react.

Competitive is **** show between seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Competitive is **** show between seasons

Yah, bizarre stuff going on. People are trying out some riskier tactics.

Was playing in a six stack and we were attacking the first point on Numbani, we rushed high and there was nobody on the point...

We cautiously drop down and cap about 20% when suddenly all six of them drop out from the corridor just above the point, all at once.
    Dva, Mei, Luci, Rein, Zarya and Reaper - wiped us out in a few seconds we were so suprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

There is no point to competitive now really besides the longer matches, as you don't even get XP now. I've gone back to Quick Play until the new season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Really like the look of the new map. The hazards are pretty cool idea, might be nice to see more of these type of hazards.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Legionn_of_Dan

Played the trial weekend two weeks ago and really liked it. Going to pick up the base game in a few days. Are all heroes available on the base game or is it a paid DLC system?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Played the trial weekend two weeks ago and really liked it. Going to pick up the base game in a few days. Are all heroes available on the base game or is it a paid DLC system?

Every hero is available from the get go. You don't earn any superior weapons when you rank up. Every hero is "as-is" for everyone, the only difference is a different skin which can be earned in game from those little loot boxes, and the experience a person has with a certain hero after playing the game for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Legionn_of_Dan

Every hero is available from the get go. You don't earn any superior weapons when you rank up. Every hero is "as-is" for everyone, the only difference is a different skin which can be earned in game from those little loot boxes, and the experience a person has with a certain hero after playing the game for longer.

Great stuff, Thanks! Yeah its a definite buy for me so. Love Roadhog and that grab.

In the right hands he's great, just not mine. Put some time into each hero, that way you can tell which ones you really like the feel of and which ones you don't, but try have a favourite for each class, that way you can cover a certain class if its absent; Soldier/Reaper for Attack, Roadhog/Reinhardt for Defense, so on and so forth.

Reaper in particular is absolutely lethal in the right hands, but I think he is one of the harder heros to master. (Each hero has a skill level, so Bastion would be classed as Easy, and Hanzo would be Difficult.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

(Each hero has a skill level, so Bastion would be classed as Easy, and Hanzo would be Difficult.)

Hanzo would be ASSFACE in my humble opinion. ^_^

In the right hands he's great, just not mine. Put some time into each hero, that way you can tell which ones you really like the feel of and which ones you don't, but try have a favourite for each class, that way you can cover a certain class if its absent; Soldier/Reaper for Attack, Roadhog/Reinhardt for Defense, so on and so forth.

Reaper in particular is absolutely lethal in the right hands, but I think he is one of the harder heros to master. (Each hero has a skill level, so Bastion would be classed as Easy, and Hanzo would be Difficult.)

Reaper is a one star character in terms of difficulty. He's very easy to pick up and play.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Reaper is a one star character in terms of difficulty. He's very easy to pick up and play.

Really? Well then, I must just be really REALLY $hit with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A well played reaper thrives on chaotic situations. If either team has a well held chokepoint, reaper offers very little.

That said, I'm pretty bad at him so what do I know

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Load of guys on Reddit put together an Overwatch 'Playboy' mag!

http://imgur.com/a/2CdcO

Uhm, probably NSFW, obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Load of guys on Reddit put together an Overwatch 'Playboy' mag!

http://imgur.com/a/2CdcO

Uhm, probably NSFW, obviously

That Bastion segment is brilliant!

And obviously anything relating to DVa!! :pac:

That's just weird, to be honest.

When is the Mercy issue? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone on PS4 looking to do comp-placements in a group at 9:30pm tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

And so season 3 rolls around. Best of luck all! Deffo diamond for me this season...ahem....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know when the new map drops on the public servers for consoles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And so season 3 rolls around. Best of luck all! Deffo diamond for me this season...ahem....
    4 placement games in; 2 games with leavers on my team...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone playing the current PTR? Roadhogg's hook is fooked!

• Advertisement

Won 5, lost 5 in the placement matches. Got 2965.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement