Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nody wrote: »
    4 placement games in; 2 games with leavers on my team...

Did that last season. 3 games one person left my team an two other games 2 people left my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Im waiting a week or so to rank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

J. Marston wrote: »
    Won 5, lost 5 in the placement matches. Got 2965.

What was your rank last season? Seems like a high SR with 5 losses.

Did all mine tonight, 2 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses. Absolute howler of a night, ended up on 1434. Last season got 7 wins and placed 1595, very odd system for deciding rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

madcabbage wrote: »
    What was your rank last season? Seems like a high SR with 5 losses.

Did all mine tonight, 2 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses. Absolute howler of a night, ended up on 1434. Last season got 7 wins and placed 1595, very odd system for deciding rank.

Peaked at 3100 last season. Saw on Reddit how last season's performance is the main determining factor in what you get. Some pro player lost 8 of his placement matches and still ended up with over 4000.

Think that's a bit stupid. Should be a clean slate every season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I thought how you performed in the match played a bigger role in your final rank rather than a win or a lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

A lot of it is based on your MMR - which is a ranking you don't see, apparently.

I won 4, drew 1 and lost the rest. Didn't get any leavers though. I'll give this season a few weeks but if it's like S2 I'm going to give this game a break. It's frustrating to make improvements and yet be stuck with people who bale or become toxic when things aren't going well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sight808 wrote: »
    A lot of it is based on your MMR

Yeah well vaccines are just a ploy by big pharma to keep the sheeple in line man.

After 7 placement games I've 4 wins a draw and two losses. One loss came about because the guys started a game when I was making tea and I got kicked :(

Season high last year was 2246 and finished around 2180 (I think) but I don't think I won one game when solo queuing.

Hopefully I don't get placed to low this time because I won't be able to group up with the lads I normally play with who got close to 3000 at the end of last season and ranked around 2800 this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Honestly if you don't have a minimum of a 4 stack ranked can be a mare

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

madcabbage wrote: »
    It appears to be 99% driven by your last season score (-10% basically) which makes the whole point of having placement matches a bit of a joke.

If it went back to square one, match making would be a complete mess at the start of every season

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If it went back to square one, match making would be a complete mess at the start of every season
    But then why bother with seasons in the first place if you're not going to reset people's rank? Keep Master etc. at a higher level sure but for the rest yes I'd expect a reset.

But it would level itself out. Cream rises to the top.

Just because you did well in the previous season, you shouldn't have a good rank handed to you for the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It appears to be 99% driven by your last season score (-10% basically) which makes the whole point of having placement matches a bit of a joke.

Could be down to the fact that in the games I lost, I was playing considerably well but we kept getting pipped on defence. Placement games seem like a mare compared to last season.

But then why bother with seasons in the first place if you're not going to reset people's rank? Keep Master etc. at a higher level sure but for the rest yes I'd expect a reset.

It's an entirely fabricated construct to keep the players interested. Its so you can look back on your progress over distinct intervals.
    But it would level itself out. Cream rises to the top.

Just because you did well in the previous season, you shouldn't have a good rank handed to you for the next.

Then you have people going mad that their first 20 or so games are full of jokers and are completely one-sided.

I'm kinda playing devil's advocate here since I'd prefer the chaos of a complete reset, but I can understand why they don't do it. I'd say there is a higher chance of losing players entirely if they went for full resets.

Nothing more frustrating than facing a good Widowmaker. So annoying.

Nothing more frustrating than facing a good Widowmaker. So annoying.

How about having a really **** widowmaker on your team?

Then you have people going mad that their first 20 or so games are full of jokers and are completely one-sided.
    All they would need to do is implement a similar system to Hearthstone; if you ended up in Master/GM you start as minimum in Master with 1 week before going down to Platinum. If you ended in Plat. you can't go below gold; gold can't go below silver etc. That means you need to get "up" there every season or keep on sinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Had all 5 quit on my first competitive game. Was left as a lonely junkrat sitting in the Hollywood movie theatre while ordinance poured in from all angles. Only good thing was as I stayed to the end I got loads of gold medals :-/

• Advertisement

Finished my ranking games with 6 wins, 3 losses and a draw and ranked 2148.

One loss was because of a disconnect and the last game we got a randomer who changed character 9 times in one game and spent the last two minutes teabagging in the corner :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Finished my ranking games with 6 wins, 3 losses and a draw and ranked 2148.

One loss was because of a disconnect and the last game we got a randomer who changed character 9 times in one game and spent the last two minutes teabagging in the corner :(

dont worry about ranking iddqd lost 8 of his and got put in grandmaster, the ranking is being shown up for the bull**** it is

dont worry about ranking iddqd lost 8 of his and got put in grandmaster, the ranking is being shown up for the bull**** it is

Last season I ranked 2246 because of leavers in 5 games. I'm still been punished for that. If the guys I normally play with (who play alot more than me) win another few games when I'm not on will all be 1000 points above me and I wont be able to play competitive with them.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Last season I ranked 2246 because of leavers in 5 games. I'm still been punished for that. If the guys I normally play with (who play alot more than me) win another few games when I'm not on will all be 1000 points above me and I wont be able to play competitive with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

For anybody wondering about the Season 3 rankings this post on reddit covers pretty much everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5fx3m0/please_read_lets_talk_about_season_3_ranking/

Well the streak continued,

Ended up 3 wins, 7 losses in the end.

Game 1 - 4 - 2 leavers in two separate games
    Game 5 - All level 120+ except we get a level 30 who plays Widowmaker the whole game and spends more time dead than alive having zero impact
    Game 6 - Win and tightly fought
    Game 7 - One player on our team decides to troll the whole game doing nothing and our two "DPS" players scores less damage than the tank
    Game 8 - A player decides to pull Torbjörn and a second player Bastion on Hanamura once we clear first point and refuse to change afterwards (you'd have thought people would have figured out why static defences are bad by now...)
    Game 9 - Tightly fought loss
    Game 10 - Steam rolled the enemy team; died once on 3 capture points maps all going 100% - 0%

End result 2340; ended on 2598 last season, 2604 high. Played most games as Mercy (wanted to expand on my healing play as I'm ok with Lucio) but a few I had to go tank as Roadhog / Reinhardt.

Who is playing on pc??

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Who is playing on pc??

Copied and pasted from post #353 credit to DCully.

Dcully / Cully#2309

Andres76 / usagi76#1869 [cough cough!! Soldier 76 ]

Nody / Nody #2214

cherryghost / cherryghost#2858

partyjungle / neeel#11514

Shiminay / Shiminay#2408

Osmosis Jones / Ozz#2834

Xenji / Xenji#2503

Kevovek / kevovek#2203

johnny_ultimate / maccydee#2368

Stormhawk88 / Nerobear #2862

Raze#21602

• Advertisement

Somehow managed to get to just over 3000 in my placements??? I was floating between 2500 and 2800 before that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement