Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Just a heads up if anyone see's me online in battlenet feel free to invite, have a mic too for coms

sorry neeel for the ****ty play tonight was pretty tipsy when i liogged on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Burgo#21362

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

From what i can see (based on myself and 10+ friends on xbox) the ranking is grand but based heavily on personal MMR and previous season rank. Pretty much everyone i know got placed about 100 lower than their average last season.

I won 4 and lost 6, played well in most of those. One leaver, one where i DC'ed somehow and then a few matches where some level 30-50 tried to play Widow/Hanzo/Genjo but can't pull their weight.
    I ended up ranking at 3002. My high last season was about 3250 and i ended closer to 3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Competitive does feel a lot better though with the longer cooldown on Ultimates.

• Advertisement

sorry neeel for the ****ty play tonight was pretty tipsy when i liogged on

Ha no worries. I didn't notice any particular ****ty plays. I'd be up for more games sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Haven't been playing much lately so decided to do some brawls to get back into practise. Holy crap, they're fun. The 6v6 random heroes is great craic as I end up healing in 90% of competitive games.

Went 1-2 in my placement games. Both games we lost were due to leavers. Maybe I should leave placement for another week or two until these idiots feck off somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Madcabbage #21180

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gonna give competitive a rest for a while. Played 6 games last night, all of them had people leave the team and not get refilled. Lost five games and we only won the last because the other team for a change had two players leave. Really pisses me off that there isn't heavier penalties for dropping out of games once the first point is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had taken a few months off Overwatch due to sh*te internet where I was living and general business. Started playing again Tuesday evening.

Game is still a hell of a lot of fun. It's just always so easy to pick up and play (well, I generally steer clear of Competitive and just go Quick Play as I've fallen too far behind most who would play competitive). Also been trying out a few different heroes I never really played as, like Mei and Roadhog. Mei definitely takes a bit of getting used to as I keep forgetting about her ice block healing skill and don't hit it quick enough when I get into trouble. Kinda the same with Roadhog's heal too.

Also tried out Sombra in a few Skirmishes. Seems alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

After ranking 2126 (or there abouts) I'm slowly climbing up the SR and have hit a career high of 2349.

I might make Platinum yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

God, arcade mode has brought this game up to immortal status for me. I could play 3v3 for days, and hadn't even had a look at the brawl playlist until a friend brought me into it yesterday. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

6v6 mystery hero can be some fun too, also pretty fun for forcing you to play someone you normally wouldn't.
    Also really enjoying the 1v1's although every single game I've had at least 1 symmetra off.

Good games last night neel sorry about the abrupt getting offline due to drunk gf distracting, be on later if yer up for some?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Good games last night neel sorry about the abrupt getting offline due to drunk gf distracting, be on later if yer up for some?

2793196.jpg

2793196.jpg

nah she came in hammered and was messing throwing **** at me cos i was ignoring her ha ha

I would kill any fella that would do this in competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

madcabbage wrote: »

I would kill any fella that would do this in competitive.
    “I have no plan of ever stopping this,” said Kingham. “It’s a lot of fun. We’ve got notoriety, or infamy I guess, because of it.

Clown. At least there's a team of those idiots and they're not taking people down with them.

Burgo wrote: »
    6v6 mystery hero can be some fun too, also pretty fun for forcing you to play someone you normally wouldn't.

Been having a fair bit of fun with this mode too! Opened my eyes to McCree a bit, and it's certainly a challenge to keep shifting tactics. Much fewer ultimates.

Only problem is the random nature of the hero assignment regularly throwing up compositions which mean one team just gets steamrolled.

If you're on attack and don't win with the initial push, then half your team get Widowmaker, Symettra and Bastion for their next lives you're not likely to get any futher.

I love Symettra but will often chuck myself off the map straightway if it's a push the payload situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've been playing the hell out of Sombra in quickplay and I really like her, but I don't think she's strong enough. Like, when I am absolutely on the ball I manage to achieve about as much as I would on a typical Pharah day. At the very least they need to allow you to cancel your teleporter to trigger the cooldown counter asap (otherwise you spend too much time waiting before you can dive back into the fray), and they absolutely need to make the actual teleportation itself snappier, and less buggy. It's happened a dozen times that I teleport to safety, zoom across the map, and then rubberband back to where I was, because even though my POV has shifted, the game has left my hitbox behind for a while and it gets killed. In the replays you can see my character vanish, the animation show her zooming away, and then Reinhardt swings through the air nearby and suddenly a corpse appears.

You get the exact same thing happening when you fall off a cliff. You fall, you activate teleporter, you zoom back up to safety, then you die before the animation completes, because your body was still falling behind you even though your POV has changed.

I think a small boost in her effective range would be nice as well. That would probably make her a little more viable, the rest of bare-minimum sort of stuff.

They need to up her damage about 20 percent and let her hack while cloaked to make her viable to non pros imo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The worst thing about her is her invisibility reveal. She's supposed to be a stealth hero so having her announce her arrival is dumb.

Have a sound cue, sure, but her saying "Miss me?" or "Here I am." alerts everyone.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The worst thing about her is her invisibility reveal. She's supposed to be a stealth hero so having her announce her arrival is dumb.

Have a sound cue, sure, but her saying "Miss me?" or "Here I am." alerts everyone.

Yeah it's a little over the top. The sound effect of the cloak turning off should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

J. Marston wrote: »
    Clown. At least there's a team of those idiots and they're not taking people down with them.

TBH, given a lot of the teams I have been on, people trying to be as terrible as possible would be hard to single out.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    TBH, given a lot of the teams I have been on, people trying to be as terrible as possible would be hard to single out.

My favourites are the assholes who don't like what someone on their team is doing ("Symmetra is terrible, repick"), don't get their way, so decide to throw a strop by refusing to leave spawn or deliberately troll.

Had one just yesterday, only quick play thankfully, where a guy playing Bastion on attack decided his team weren't trying enough, so stood in spawn doing emotes with his ult charged until the timer ran out.

I mostly think it's insecure losers deciding to check out of a losing game so they can tell themselves it doesn't count.

While i respect everyone's right to choose whatever character they like, i definitely think people should have some respect for composition in Competitive. Like...if we're trying to attack point A on Hanamura i don't really see how Symettra/Torbjorn is going to help us. If we have two healers maybe don't pick a third. If you're not great with Hanzo/Widowmaker maybe don't pick them. If you don't know how to play at least one character from each class go learn one in quickplay.

I know the game can throw up surprises and playing unexpectedly can catch people off guard...but there are better ways to stack the odds in your favour.

At the end of the day i'll never sulk, will always do the best i can with the team around. I will curse them silently though.

Quickplay is all fair game as far as i am concerned, as much as i like to win i'm not going to give people crap over their picks.

Bring back bastion's shield!

Bring back bastion's shield!

1000hp?! That's half of Rein's shield. Good God. That must have been overpowered.

• Advertisement

I just wish people would speak in the bloody game, it especially drives me quare in comp when people don't talk. Been playing more on the PC these days, much more enjoyable. Majority of lobbies have people chatting away and willing to work together and make comprimises for their team to win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement