Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Links234 wrote: »
    I got called gay in the chat once, and that was it. Remarkably tame compared to other games. I do hope it stays like this, a multiplayer game without a toxic community can be rare enough.

i think people don't think they're good enough yet to insult others. give it two months after launch, it'll be the usual. "f##king bastion noob, uninstall game" etc

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Didn't get as much time to play this during the beta than I would have liked but from the few matches I did play have got me hyped for release, will be picking this up at launch 100%.

Is there any boards group playing this on PC though haven't played a battle.net game before and have no friends added:( obviously a game that would benefit playing as part of a team on comms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Links234 wrote: »
    I got called gay in the chat once, and that was it.
    :p:p:p I laughed at this.

There was little to no chat in any of my games, and I definitely didn't hear anyone talking...even though there were constant messages of
    "XYZ has joined the voice channel " "ABC has left the voice channel"
    I actually shocked by the fact I didnt encounter a single toxic player at all over the weekend. I doubt that will last beyond release but hopefully it'll be at a minimum.

The scoreboard is quite good in this way, in that it doesn't really show you who the 'spare wheels' on your team are, or if you personally know you had an awful game...most people on your team can't tell by the end of the round scoreboard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You guys have been lucky, I played 19 hours of the beta and bumped into many an asshole, not as many as I expected but they are there for sure.

I've bumped into tons of assholes. They play Widowmaker :pac:

• Advertisement

I've bumped into tons of assholes. They play Widowmaker :pac:

That would be me, my most played hero in the beta :P
    So many heroes a really enjoy and very few I don't.

I ended up only playing the random gametype, where everyone gets a random champ at the start and every time you die you get another random champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I ended up only playing the random gametype, where everyone gets a random champ at the start and every time you die you get another random champ.

You get a random one from those that everyone picked at the start, so if everyone picked something stupid then you're stuck with it.

If someone gets a support/healer and doesn't play their class then you also ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I miss this game already. That's a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,888 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There is an Overwatch launch party in Movies@Dundrum on the 23rd - €10 per ticket, get some goody bag. Don't know anything more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Proof that Koreans are superhuman and need to be studied and harvested for their nutrients:

There is an Overwatch launch party in Movies@Dundrum on the 23rd - €10 per ticket, get some goody bag. Don't know anything more than that.

Might go, it being a monday sucks as I'll be up from 4:30am and probably be only out work at 6pm.

Any times?

Would say Blizzard would have something worth while in the bags.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Proof that Koreans are superhuman and need to be studied and harvested for their nutrients:

I'm gonna be stuck playing against these PC-Bang (High End Gaming Internet Cafe) no lifers :confused::confused:

Is Reaper's teleport useful...? I played a lot with him bet rarely used it

I love it, also killed a load of reapers as they're phasing back in.

Love teleporting behind bastions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Use it to get over walls you can't get over normally or teleport up in the sniper cubby holes that you can't walk to but it's not an in action use item as such.

Nody wrote: »
    Use it to get over walls you can't get over normally or teleport up in the sniper cubby holes that you can't walk to but it's not an in action use item as such.

I guess I didn't get the know the maps well enough. I could see areas I could teleport to, but I didn't see how it would benefit me to go up there since Reaper excels in close combat, hiding around corners.

I guess I didn't get the know the maps well enough. I could see areas I could teleport to, but I didn't see how it would benefit me to go up there since Reaper excels in close combat, hiding around corners.

Jumping down and flanking the other team, especially at choke points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I need Overwatch back in my life.... I can't wait 2 weeks.... I tried to play some TF2 to take the edge off and it was just crap....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Was thinking the same thing this morning. Really want to throw it on for a few games. Still think I'll wait for it to come down in price though, 60(on console) is a little much for me to spend on it with other games coming out too. Pity it wasnt 40 like on pc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 vladdt

People, anyone here on Eircom played Overwatch last 3 beta days? I had huge RTT lag. If Eircom will not fix it till 24-th it will be ****. :(

Varik wrote: »
    Might go, it being a monday sucks as I'll be up from 4:30am and probably be only out work at 6pm.

Any times?

Would say Blizzard would have something worth while in the bags.
    8pm. On in movies at swords too.

8pm. On in movies at swords too.

Starting or ending

Varik wrote: »
    Starting or ending

Starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If i knew what was in the swag bag id consider going ><

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

nix wrote: »
    If i knew what was in the swag bag id consider going ><
    It's a Blizz swag bag; skins for Overwatch, pet for WoW, Hearthstone card back, Tracer skin in HoT and a pin or small statue are your safe bets basically.

What happens at launch party

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sloppyarse wrote: »
    How does one create a new account around here without being called a re-rege or troll?

Why is the Commuting & Transport forum such a echo chamber?

Is Boards such a closed shop alternative views are not welcome?

Why is a blind eye turned to violations of the forum charter allowed, when it suits a certain agenda?

Is Boards, a commercial enterprise, as well as volunteer Mods, Capablel of impartiality in a debate?

These questions have been asked, will they be answered honestly, or will the poster be banned?

If Boards.ie has skin in the game, it should be declared!

My favourite is D:VA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

FCUK DUDE, take off the tinfoil hat yo!!! Paranoid much....

• Advertisement

I played over 20 hours of the open beta, loved every minute of it.
    Havent enjoyed a game this much in years, really looking forward to release day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement