Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Last season, I went 2/6/2 w/l/d in placement and placed in the 1600s, finishing in the 2300s. This time, placement went 6/4/0 and I placed at 1741. Is that not a bit inconsistent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Last season, I went 2/6/2 w/l/d in placement and placed in the 1600s, finishing in the 2300s. This time, placement went 6/4/0 and I placed at 1741. Is that not a bit inconsistent?

It takes into account what you did last season, think the system wants to try and place you lower that usual to increase the rank spread. Went 2/1/7 on ps4 and placed 2440, did it on pc with 7/1/2 and placed 2880. Bit all over the place really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

90% of your placement is determined by last season's rank. If you had gone 10-0-0, you'd still be near enough what you finished with last season. It's completely stupid.

They may as well toss a coin for each player and put them a little lower or a little higher rather than play 10 pointless games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

3 games in a row, 3 leavers. Dropped 77 points. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Benzino wrote: »

That's pretty unlucky. After some terrible placement matches I'm really enjoying season 3. I've mostly been involved in 4-6 stack matches which makes a huge difference.

• Advertisement

Sight808 wrote: »
    That's pretty unlucky. After some terrible placement matches I'm really enjoying season 3. I've mostly been involved in 4-6 stack matches which makes a huge difference.

Its going much the same way as season 2 for me, very streaky. Placed around 2300, got up to 2900 quickly, and just last night alone, dropped to 2650. Hopefully winning streak will start again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Benzino wrote: »

Christ that's bad, no fault of your own...does it happen regularly?

I only see a leaver once every 13-15 games i'd say.

Oh and i'd also love to see more solo-queue people using their mics, really does make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

****ers who only use hanzo can go die.

Christ that's bad, no fault of your own...does it happen regularly?

I only see a leaver once every 13-15 games i'd say.

Oh and i'd also love to see more solo-queue people using their mics, really does make a difference.

No not at all, last night was particularly bad. I'd say there were 4-5 games in total where people left, though 2 of them returned.

Then there was one match where one guy just started waving once we lost point A.

Then i started playing 3v3, won first game, winning second game 2-0 and a player leaves the opposition team which caused the game to end without us getting the victory. Had enough after that ha.

As a side note: This sort of crap always seems to happen once I get close to reaching diamond rank, same sort of nonsense happened last season once I got to 2900.

I'm not sure why but I'm very, very bad at 3v3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is the Christmas event dropping today. Do we know what's in it yet?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is the Christmas event dropping today. Do we know what's in it yet?

Supposedly these voice lines were discovered from data mining.

https://youtu.be/8fhMqmRNDUM

Christmas Event is live now on PC, nothing for console yet by the looks of it.

What new skins are there? Mei better get some.

As a symmetra fan

giphy.gif

J. Marston wrote: »
    What new skins are there? Mei better get some.

All I'll say is that Zen and Hogg's skins are awesome. New game mode too, ye'll love it. Won't spoil it for anyone here, just get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

has the update started for anyone else yet? On reddit people are playing event already apparently?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

scratch that it is downloading now

has the update started for anyone else yet? On reddit people are playing event already apparently?

7pm it was up, nothing has shown on the PS4 yet for download.

Just seen your following post. New game mode is awesome! :D

Saw the skins on Reddit just now. Disappointed with Mei's, no effort from Blizzard on that one.

Winston and Pharah look awesome though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wow Winston is a great.

Also want Zen, Torb, Reaper, Tracer and Hog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I have the game updated no problem, downloaded at 8MB/s. Cannot get a single server connection, even training.

EDIT: Ok working now. I didn't bother with this PRT. Symmetra is very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Started playing a bit of 1v1 last night. Can be incredibly frustrating when you're up against someone who's way better than you, but a lot of fun when it's pretty evenly matched.

Also, I had 15 loot boxes saved up which I was going to use to get the Winter bonuses. Turns out they don;t change into Winter loot boxes, they just stay as regular ones. Ah well. Bought Reaper's winter skin with some of the dupe loot money I got from the 15 loot boxes. It was the one I wanted anyway.

Penn wrote: »
    Started playing a bit of 1v1 last night. Can be incredibly frustrating when you're up against someone who's way better than you, but a lot of fun when it's pretty evenly matched.

Also, I had 15 loot boxes saved up which I was going to use to get the Winter bonuses. Turns out they don;t change into Winter loot boxes, they just stay as regular ones. Ah well. Bought Reaper's winter skin with some of the dupe loot money I got from the 15 loot boxes. It was the one I wanted anyway.

Whyd you think they would change to Winter Boxes?

Also, I had 15 loot boxes saved up which I was going to use to get the Winter bonuses. Turns out they don;t change into Winter loot boxes, they just stay as regular ones

Yeah they never do unfortunately - the contents of the box are generated when it is received so you may as well just open it.

I had about 4000 saved so i went straight for the Zenyatta skin which is terrifying but very cool.

Also agree that Mei's skin is bizarrely poor, quite dissappointing. I like Zarya's and few others too, not mad on the Roadhog one but it's certainly eye catching.

Reskinned Hanamura and Kings row look great too!

Yeah they never do unfortunately - the contents of the box are generated when it is received so you may as well just open it.

I had about 4000 saved so i went straight for the Zenyatta skin which is terrifying but very cool.

Also agree that Mei's skin is bizarrely poor, quite dissappointing. I like Zarya's and few others too, not mad on the Roadhog one but it's certainly eye catching.

Reskinned Hanamura and Kings row look great too!

With Mei new skin when you freeze heal yourself you turn into a snowman as well.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    With Mei new skin when you freeze heal yourself you turn into a snowman as well.

That is a saving grace in fairness, it's just shame that it looks so bad when you're not an ice block.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Whyd you think they would change to Winter Boxes?

Dunno. I just assumed it'd be the case where any loot boxes opened during the event would change to be winter ones so you can get winter items. I missed the summer games and Halloween events so wasn't sure.

If you buy loot boxes now will they be winter boxes or standard ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah the loot box items are assigned as soon as you get them, they don't change unfortunately.
    Yeah the new Mei skin looks fairly crap, quite like the Phara one though.

• Advertisement

If you buy loot boxes now will they be winter boxes or standard ones?

You should do - but just a warning that if you're on XBOX there was a message last night saying you couldn't buy the winter boxes yet. I'd imagine that'll be resolved, but just be careful.

The boxes should be clearly labeled in the store as for the winter event, if they look like regular boxes it's probably still an issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement